Chapter ten

Caleb sighed in frustration as he threw the paper across the desk. That was yet another letter from the nearby pack, they were asking Caleb to create an alliance with them.

But he had enough trustworthy packs. Someone knocked on the door and it creaked opened as a head popped through the hole.

Ethan.

"I need to talk to you." As Ethan's eyes drifted toward the window, Caleb nodded suddenly with understanding.

Caleb watched Ethan as he walked in and shut the door, he locked the door and moved toward the window. He looked over an gave Caleb a gesture to come.

Caleb stood silently and walked to see the view. Melodi and Zaria were outside playing around. "They have gotten closer in the past week, I feel like I shouldn't trust her, like she's here for Melodi."

Caleb scoffed. "Who isn't?" Ethan have him a glare and turned back around. "It seems like the closer they get to going back to whatever 'normal' Zaria was living before her transformation."

Caleb nodded and watched as Melodi ran and flipped in the air, landing in a split. Zaria smiled and ran to Melodi.

The moon created a strange set of mood for the two boys. Ethan wanted to get Melodi back in the house....in his arms.

Caleb just wanted Melodi.

Melodi was standing and wiping grass off of her butt when she looked up and smiled at what Caleb guessed Ethan.

Ethan smiled back and waved. Melodi waved back and blew him a kiss as she was grabbed by Zaria, who was leading her to the house.

"I reckon that was for you?" Cake said. Ethan looked at Caleb. "I am pretty sure it was." Caleb nodded and Ethan sighed.

"Look, I did not come up here to have a low key conversation with you, I am here for that girl that is probably walking up the steps now as we speak, I am here so we can put whatever war this is aside

"Because to be quite honest, I still don't trust you, and I know that I never will, but for the fact that we came all the way here just so that girl can finally face her fears.....

"I am here so I can make sure that we are on the same page about Zaria." Caleb thought about what Ethan said, then he nodded. "What's the plan."

Ethan looked at the door. "For now Alpha Caleb, keep an eye on her, I don't trust her one bit."

___________________________

Zaria walked into the living area when she spotted the one that Melodi called Paris. "Oh, hey, I was just coming to see where Melodi went, you see, she took my-"

Paris raised his hand. "I don't care, I only came because Heather and Gabriella wanted to ask Ethan a question."

Zaria sat down beside Paris and look at him in confusion. "What is the question?"

Paris have her a side look. "How long have they've been together."

"Who?"

"Ethan and Melodi."

The look on Zaria's face brought a smile on Paris's face.

"They are dating?"

Paris nodded. "Oh yeah, they have been dating for a while now, but they are secretly dating do you can't tell her that you know."

And Suddenly, as if she was called, Melodi came down the steps with Ethan on her tail.

"Watch this." Paris whispered.

He looked at the two as they put on their shoes. "Where are you two going?" They looked up. "We are going to eat out for dinner."

Paris raised an eyebrow. "Just you two? Do you need me to come?" Ethan and Melodi looked at each other.

"No, we are fine Paris but thanks for the offer." Ethan said as he opened the door for Melodi.

As the door closes, Zaria jumped up. "I am going to go ahead and go to my room." She needed a new plan now, this changed everything.

When she was out of earshot, Paris scoffed. "She's so gullible."

Little did Paris know, his prank was the most dangerous joke of all.

Ethan turned the car on and looked at Melodi.

"Are you sure?" He asked softly.

Melodi pecked his cheek.

"I'm sure." she whispered.

And with that, they took of I to the night, the most dangerous part of the day.
😁😜😁😜😁😜😁😜😁😜😁😜😁

YOU GUYS WE WON OUR COMPETITION TODAY! I was so nervous but when I hit that springboard I was on fire.

Anyway I k ow this was short but it will have a BIG affect on the next chapter.

Our next competition is in February.

Well, love you guys and I really hope that you enjoy.