Chapter Twenty-one

The vampire ran, Brandon, not too far behind. When he was close enough, he jumped, landing on the vampires back, they tumbled to the ground. Brandon held him down and Paris walked towards the elder, kneeling, a lit torch in his hand. "Do you know something about a kidnapping?" He said.

The elder shook his head, eyes on the fire. Paris tilted his head and smiled. "Well, by the way you ran back there, it seems to me like you did, so I am going to tell you what, I'm gonna ask again okay? And this time you are going to answer, do you know something about a kidnapping?"

The vampires eyes turned red suddenly. "No." Paris sighed and put the torch in the face of the elder. The old vampire screamed in pain and torture, frankly, this sound pleased Paris.

He pulled back and looked at the vampire, who's face was now scorned and burned. Paris smiled. "How about now?" The elder nodded suddenly, wincing at the speed of his own head. "Elders were informed to take a child of one of our own kind--he didn't keep his word."

Jace raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

The Elder looked at Jace. "Because...
the child was a hybrid."

__________________________________

"Dad?" Caleb whispered. Marcus just smiled. "Well, I am pleased to see my son, in control of the pack, but not taking control of his own life--am I right?" Caleb scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I don't need a mate to keep me sane, and you shouldn't be talking, you killed yours remember?"

The smile left Marcus's face. "I did not let those rouges in." Caleb laughed. "Sure...dad." Jay looked at the two and cleared his throat. The two wolfs looked his way. "Hello, my name is Jay, I am Melodi's father." he held his hand out, but Marcus just looked at it.

Jay put his hand in his pockets and watched as Marcus looked at him. "I know who you are." Jay raised his eyebrows, Caleb looked at the two men--no, the two alphas, and tried to contact Paris, but he wasn't getting through to him.

"Oh right, I took her from this retched place, but she just came right back." He spread his hands out. "So now, she's missing, and you just show up, around the same time, a coincidence am I right?" Caleb couldn't tell if Jay was being sarcastic, or straight up serious.

Marcus laughed. "Well, I just wanted to see my son, an see him meet his mate, I know he is so busy with this pack, and the best thing for him is a mate, she will keep him sane and help with the pack, and to be quite honest, your daughter was a very strong women, and I believe that wherever she is, whoever has her...she will make it,"

He looked around the woods and whispered. "She has so many lives to save." Jay didn't like this, you would be able to see this from a mile away. So, he just mumbled "she is stubborn, just like her best friend, but I guess you knew that right? Since you killed her, but her strength comes from her aunt, and I guess you knew that too."

Marcus glared and walked toward Jay. "I'm sorry, but I do not know what you are talking about, so if you'll excuse me, I must rest, my wife is waiting for me at the hotel." He brushed past the two, and disappeared into the trees. Jay sighed and looked at Caleb. "I don't have time for this, and I hate to break it to you, but I don't trust your father." Jay looked away and began walking.

"And if I find out that he has something to do with my baby being missing, then I will kill him." This was said without so much as eye contact. And Caleb wanted to back his father up.
But how can you do that when your own blood, and only family member kills to relive moments in time?

"And I will let you." Was all Caleb said.
______________________________

Paris looked over to Jace. Who looked just as shocked at every one else, well...every one but Lullaby, who was laughing while trying to grab the duck tape with her knee. "Do you know if the hybrid was a boy or girl? Do you know who the parents were?" Brandon began to blurt out questions, Paris silenced him with a hand and looked at the vampire.