Chapter eight

Melodi opened her eyes to meet the window that showed the sunrise. She sat up and stretched-wait.

Melodi looked to get right.

Where's Ethan?

She got out of bed and did her daily routine, but, she felt, off.

She changed into a blue sports bra and a grey muscle shirt, her black spandex shorts and Nike shoes as she walked out of her room.

Her ponytail was finally finished as she saw Paris on the couch in one of the living rooms near the kitchen.

She smiled as she ran silently, jumping onto the table and flipping onto the couch upside down.

She smiled at Paris. "Hi." He slowly looked down to her. "Why are you up this early?" Melodi pulled herself up and sighed.

"I always train with Ethan at this time, but he wasn't in his room when I woke up, and usually he wakes me."

Paris rolls his eyes. "Maybe he's had enough of you and has decided to leave." I stared at Paris....then, I laughed.

"Ahhhhh, Paris, you did miss me." She hugged him and he tensed. "Come one Paris, I promise not to tell a soul." Melodi whispered. After a long moment of silence, he hugged her back.

"I guess I did miss making fun of you." Melodi smiled and laughed silently as they moved away. Paris smiled at her. "You are a disease Melodi Richarson."

Melodi smiled. "I am also incurable." She told him as they walked to the kitchen.

They stop at the sound of laughter from the back yard. Everyone was currently in the kitchen, watching something outside.

"What's going on?" Melodi asked. Eyes jumped from the window to her. "Umm, nothing." Ci-l said. She watched everyone as they made up excuses.

She decided to look at Caleb, who's eyes has never left the window. "Caleb?" She whispered. He tensed at the mention of his name, but didn't say a word.

She walked to the door and walked out as another gurgle of laughter rolled into the house.

'Well, good news' Oasis said. 'We found Ethan.'

But the bad news was......he was moments from kissing her best friend. Melodi took a slight step back, making the poor girl step on a twig.

Ethan looked up and saw her. His heart dropped as he let go of Zaria. "M." Zaria looked over to Melodi. "Hey! So Ethan told me that you two train together, I wanted to learn some moves as well."

But Melodi didn't hear her.

"When I take my revenge, you might want to keep an eyes on him, he just might slip from your fingers."

She shook herself and gave them both a small smile. "That's great, Ethan can teach for the rest of this week, I have been feeling a little....under the weather you know?"

Zaria smiled and nodded. "I understand completely." Zaria then turned to Ethan, who was trying to mind-link Melodi.

But she had a wall up and blocked him. As she walked inside, her eyes started to burn. Caleb stood up and walked towards her.

"Come on Mel." He said softly. She looked up into his eyes.

His eyes use to be a soft green, with brown in them.

Now, they were a rare shade of green, with brown and blue specks.

She didn't have the strength to fight, so she nodded her head and let Caleb take her upper arm. "We will be out for a few minutes, Jace, your in charge."