Chapter 2: Here We Go... (Shannons PoV)

Tyler looked at me for a few moments, and I could tell that he was just a slight bit confused. He was a smart kid, but sometimes he needed to know when it was just best to not ask any questions. I did not have time to explain all of this to him at the moment.
I rolled my eyes, which he did not seem to notice at all, as he began to stroke his chin. I sat there for just a bit longer as well, as I nodded to him to go ahead and ask what it was that I was planning. He nodded back to me, and he went ahead and did just as I had expected, word for word.
"Why? You have something planned?" He asked me. I looked at him for just a few moments longer as well. I thought about what it was that he had just said to me for some time. I then spotted the window through the stairway that was below me, and I realized that I did not have time for all of this.
I turned my head back over to him, and I squinted my eyes at him, he seemed even more confused now, as I just shook my head to myself, and I slowly walked down the first step that was below me. He just stood there, and I went ahead and decided to speak to him.
"Look... I will tell you about it, when it is done. You just go guard the walls, and shoot any of the dead that you see... But only once you have heard my shots." I said to him. He looked at me for just a bit longer as well, as it seemed like he was about to question what it was that I had just said.
I rolled my eyes once again, more at myself as well. He opened his mouth too as it was clear that he wanted to speak. He closed it right away though, as it was clear that he could tell that I was in a bit of a hurry as well. He then just nodded to me thankfully.
I nodded back to him as well, happy that he was not going to ask me any questions, as I began to head over to the bed rooms, to tell the others that I had more time for, what it was that I was about to do. I turned my head back to Tyler though, as he said one last quick thing to me.
"Good luck Shannon... You will need it over to the next couple of months." He said to me. I sat there for a few moments, as I was a bit confused as to what it was that he had meant by that. Did he know what it was that I had done to our community?
Was he going to go and tell everyone about it? I began to shiver quite a bit, as I was now starting to get a bit scared as well. I watched as he just shook his head at me for some odd reason, and he walked down the stairs right past me.
I was not sure what to do, or how to handle this. If he knew what it was that I had done to the community, and he told them all about it, that meant that I was done for. They would kick me out, throw me to the dead behind the walls.
I had no idea how to make it out there, my job was just to tell others what to do out there. That did not mean that I knew what to do! I began to get a bit freaked out, as I watched him walking down the stairs, I put my hand down to my waist as well.
I put it right where my gun was at. I knew how to shoot a gun, at least I had been taught that. If I needed to shoot Tyler, if he knew too much, than I very well would do so. I would just have to tell everyone else, some sort of lie that he had tried to attack me.
I knew no one would believe that though, everyone knew how nice of a guy that Tyler really was. I closed my eyes, as I put my hand away from the gun. I shivered a bit more, as I wondered what it was that was going on with me at the moment.
He did not know anything... I was over thinking all of this, surely right? That would be stupid of me to shoot him, what had I turned in to? I was not evil! He more than likely had meant the good luck for the fact that I was going to have to save the community.
I shook my head, as I stood between the stairway up, and the stairway down for just a bit longer. I had to stop thinking such bad thoughts, I really was over thinking everything at the moment. I then opened my eyes, and I blinked a few times, to try to shake off all of those thoughts.
I looked around for a bit longer, as I stared through the small little window that was in front of me, and I looked at it a bit sadly as well. It was once a safe place, a home for all of the people who were here. People loved it, and I had beem the one to ruin all of it.
I had betrayed them all, it was all my fault... I watched all of the dead that were walking across the streets, as from time to time as well, I spotted a few of the dead that I did in fact recognize as well. They were once good and happy people.
I had not thought into the fact of what London had said to me. When he said that he would kill half of the people, and only the useless ones. Some of the people that did not have that hard of a job, they were still great people... It was me that had killed them.
I closed my eyes once again, as I then sat down on the little bench that had been right beside me. I had to think on all of this, I could not live with all of this guilt. What was I to do? How could I ever give back what I had taken from so many people, and so many families?
I wanted to kill that man so badly now, it was me that had let him kill all of those people, but he had been the one that had actually gone through with it, and had done it. I knew that these were not the only people that he had killed either.
He had killed thousands of people, and how many of the dead had he killed? Those were the real problem with the world, but for some reason they were fighting, and killing the ones that were not try to tear them apart. I sat there for just a bit longer.
I remembered what it was that I had been planning on doing. That is what I should have my thoughts focused on right now, not the fact that it had been my fault that so many people had been killed. Yes... It was in fact my fault, but I should at least try to save the people that were left.
I opened my eyes, as I then got up from the small bench that I had been sitting on for a few moments now. I knew that we only had about 3 hours left of day light, and I had to get this done before we ran out of time as well. If I put this off for any longer, that meant that more people were in risk of dying.
This was it... This had to work... I then began to walk down the final set of stairs that were right below me. Once I was down as well, I stopped as I stared through the long hallway that was in front of me as well. I saw so many bed rooms in front of me.
Bed rooms that my council once slept in on several occasions... Now they were all dead, there was not a single one left as far as I knew of. I had not gone to see each and every one of the bodies that had been laying on the floor outside, but I was fairly sure that they were all dead.
If the community somehow managed to make it out of here, I would have to make a whole new council... I loved my council before though... There was so many good, and fun people that were in that council. I shook my head, as I knew that was not what my thoughts should be on at the moment.
It did not matter any more, they were all gone, and I needed to build with what I had left, and not focus on the past. I gulped, as I went near the nearest bedroom, which happened to be Jordans father Andrew. I knocked on the door to the room, to see if they were still in there.
They should be... I had told everyone to stay, but clearly that had not taken all that long, as Christian had left the house not long after I had said that. He had always been a bit of a rebel though, so it really should not surprise me all that much.
I sometimes wondered if he did stuff like that on purpose. I shook my head once again, as I had to keep focusing my mind on what it was that I was doing right now. I sat there for just a few moments longer as well, as it seemed like the bed room was dead silent inside.
I got a bit disappointed, and a bit scared as well, as I wondered if everyone had just followed Christians place, and they had walked away from the community house. It would make sense as well, and I suppose that I should not blame them for doing so either.
I knew that a lot of them had families and friends that they were scared for, and they were worried about. I lowered my head to the ground, and then I began to walk away from the doorway to the room that was in front of me as well.
Just as I did so however, I head a bit of a racket inside of the room, and I turned my head back over to it, a bit confused as to what was going on. Were they trying to hide from me for some odd reason? I stared for a bit longer, and then I heard the familiar voice of Andrew speak back to me from inside the room.
"Shannon, is that you? You about ready to tell us your plans?" He said back to me. I sat there for just a few moments, as I sighed heavily to myself, not because I was upset, but more because it made me feel better that they all had not just ran off.
I walked back over to the doorway of the room, as I stopped right at the entrance. I heard footsteps of 2 people walking to the door, which I would have to assume was Jordan and Andrew. They then opened the door and they saw that I had been standing right in front of it.
They stared at me for just a few moments longer as well, as it looked as if they were a bit surprised for me to be so close to the front of the door. I looked back at them as well, as they then nodded to me, and I did the same back to them as well, as I then began to speak back to them.
"Yes... Scrounge up all of the others, and I will set up the meeting room, you all just walk in when you are ready." I said to him. He looked at me for just a few moments as well, as I saw his son Jordan poke his head across his shoulders.
He nodded to me as well, though I did not keep my focus on him, but more to the man that I had just spoken to. Andrew looked at me for just a bit longer as well, as he then nodded to what it was that I had just said to him, and then he turned his head back over to his son that was right behind him.
They sat there for just a few moments longer as well, as I knew that we did not have all that much time, and I needed to hurry. I began to walk away from them, and over to the meeting room, until I heard the voice of Andrew then speak to his son.
I turned my head over to him, though I knew that he was not speaking to me at all, and I knew that I was wasting a lot of time, but I listened to what it was that he had to say to his son Jordan at the same time as well.
"Jordan... You go to each room on the right side, and tell all of them that we are getting ready to have meeting, and I will do the same to the ones on the left." He said back over to his son. I looked at him for just a bit longer, and then I nodded to him, though I knew that he had not seen it.
I watched for a bit longer as well, as no more words were spoken to each other, and then they quickly headed out of the room that they had slept in just the night before. I watched as they walked down the hallway, and then they began to knock on the bed room doors, to get the attention to the people that were inside of them.
I turned my head away from the finally, as I then began to walk over to the meeting room, which was not too far away from me. I shook my head at the same time as well, as I did my best to focus my thoughts on what it was that I had planned.
This had to work... This was our only chance of getting out of this. This was not going to be with the normal council of mine, but I also knew at the same time that there were going to be some smart people in that room, that might even think of some better ideas.
I then opened the door to the room that was in front of me, nearly knocking on it, as I usually did to let the council know that I was going to be walking in to it. I lowered my head, a bit sad as well, as I knew that they were gone. I shook my head as well, as I knew that I needed to not focus my thoughts on that either.
I then opened the door to the room that was in front of me, as I also realized that the room was a bit dark as well. I sat there for a few moments, as I then began to realize that we could not have a meeting in this room, the way that it was right now.
Even if I opened up the curtains for light, it still would not be enough for all of us to see. I closed my eyes at the same time, as it sure felt like everything was going wrong at the moment. I kept them closed for a bit longer, as I tried to think of what to do.
Even if I did open of the curtains, to try to get a bit of light, which would still not be nearly enough for all of us to see, that would mean that all of the dead from outside would see us as well. I did not know what to do, as I just sat there for a bit more time.
It then hit me, as I opened my eyes at the same time as well. It had been such a long time since our community had even lost power. There was a backup generator that provided power to this room, and a few others, that worked for a few weeks.
I could use that to turn on the lights to the room! I had to go to the generator that was outside... I gulped at the same time once again, as I realized that I could not go outside either. If I did, than the dead would maul me apart...
I closed my eyes at the same time, as I knew that I had to. It was only a few feet away from the back door... It would take less than 15 seconds to open the door to the switch. What could go so bad in those 15 seconds? Christian and Ben had made it out just fine.
I opened my eyes, as I poked my head out the doorway to the room that I was sitting in. I spotted the back door to the house, as I stared at it for just some time. I was not sure what to do, and I was a bit scared as well... I could just get someone else to do it, right?
No... It was time for me to step up, and do my own thing for once. I had let the community down so many times now, it was time for me to do this, and prove to everyone that I was in fact strong and, I was brave... I looked at the door for just a bit more time.
I then began to walk over to it, as I knew that I had to get over the rush of fear that was going through my head right now. Once I was up close to it, I looked through the small window that was on the sides of it. I did not see many of the dead either.
The ones that I did see, they were a long ways away as well. If I just got in, and was quiet, than they would never even know that I was there... I was not trained for this though... Surely I would fail right? I shook my head, as I then whispered to myself.
"Fuck it... Here we go..."