Chapter 41: Are You Ready? (Christians POV)

I rolled around in bed for a little bit longer, as I was quite a bit tired, and I kind of just wanted to get back to sleep, and not worry about going about another day being exhausted such as it felt like most days were for me now a days, as I hardly got any sleep most nights, as it had always been like that for me, but it was even worse after all that had happened to the community.
It was as if I was worried that any day they might show up, and this time it would be worse than before. I was fairly certain, just based off of what Shannon had told me about them, that they would only take more of us back with them when they came back, and that they would only kill even more of us as well.
I was not sure how Shannon knew so much about them in the first place, as I felt like there was some thing a little bit fishy going on, but I felt like I was just over thinking it a little bit too much at the same time too. I let out a bit of a sigh at the exact same time as well, as I looked at the alarm clock seeing that it said 8:00 AM.
I was going to be a bit late going to Bens house, and I was about to tell my self that he might be waiting for me, and he might be a little bit worried, but I knew that was not the case at all how ever, as I knew that he enjoyed his sleep much unlike me, and he liked to sleep in as much as he possibly could.
I had programmed it in my head practically at this point that I was not going to go back to sleep once I was up in the morning at the same time as well too, so it felt like there was no point in even trying to get back to sleep for my self. Besides, I already had a plan, and I knew that we needed to get our day started.
I had already told my self that this was going to be my last time that I was going out with Ben with me when we went out of the walls. It had been at least 7 or 8 months at this point, and it was about time that he started to go out on his own with out my help. At the same time too though, I also could not help but be a bit worried for the kid.
I shook off those thoughts at the same time too, as I knew that I could not think that sort of way about the kid, other wise he would die like the rest of them did. I did not need to be worried for him, as he was a smart kid, and he now knew a lot of what it was like out side of the walls, and how to make it as well.
Over the last few months he had really shown me some thing in him that I had not seen before. He was a strong and a smart kid, and I knew that he was going to be fine on his own. He might be a bit freaked out once I told him the news about it, and I frankly would not be surprised if he was to take a warrior out to protect him the first few times, or even offer to be a warrior him self.
He had gotten a little bit better about not using his gun every time he saw 1 of the dead, but he still had not got to the way that I had wanted him to treat them, as he some times freaked out when he saw more than one, and he was quick to whip out his pistol and trigger finger on them.
He had gotten a bit better at using his knife, as I had to warn him that we did not bring that much ammo for us for one, as it was just a few rounds, but also at the same time too, we did not have that much ammo left in the community, as we were running a bit low on supplies for that for sure.
The places that we were looking in to, that we had not looked at before, were often times already cleared out by some one else, as it was probably the other community I had to presume, as there was no one else that it quite possibly could be in the very first place. And also as well, there was the fact that people were too afraid to go too far from home at the same time too, so not many people were looking in to new areas.
We had gotten the assumption of where the other community might lie near, but we did not know exactly where they might be at, nor were we too sure if we wanted to find out in the first place either. If they knew that we had found out, they might go after us and attack us before we planned some sort of attack on them.
I shook my head, as then I remembered at the same time too, there was that other group, not much of a community that we had met in the mountains not too long ago. Shannon had a walkie that could relay messages to them, but they had not been responding the her that much as of late as I had been told by her, which had her quite a bit worried at the same time too.
A few weeks ago they had told her that they had met up with a much larger community, and she was eager to here back from them, and find out more about all of that, but that was sadly the last message that she had been sent from them, as it had gone dead silent from the other line from there on out now.
There was no way that we were going to go and attack the community that had attacked us, even if they did have all of our kids and women practically at this point, as from what Shannon had told me from messages that she had been sent from them, that they were a lot bigger than us for sure.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh at the exact same time too, as I shook my head to shake off all of those thoughts from it in the first place, as I then turned my head back over to the clock that was right up next to me, as I saw that it was now 8:15 AM. I am sure that Ben was going to be happy to get a bit of some extra sleep, but I knew that at the same time too, we needed to get this show on the road.
I lifted my self out of bed finally, as I then began to go to the bed room door that led out of my room, and in to the rest of my house, which was not all that big at all, as my old friend used to joke with me that it looked like a trailer park house. I kind of took that to heart how ever, as I had grown a bit fond of the house that I lived in at this point.
It was a lot different than the house that I used to live in, as that house was a 2 story house, and it was a bit too big for simply just me and my wife to live in by our selves. Of course, our plan had been to have a bunch of children, and I bunch of rooms that they could all sleep in, hopefully by them selves at the same time as well.
I shook my head, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts from my head, as I had told my self just last night that I needed to get my mind off of that, as it was not good for me, and like my friend used to tell me, I needed to let it go. It just felt like it was so hard how ever, as I loved her, and our child that we had, ever so much...
I sighed quite a loud sigh, as I looked at the bath room that was right beside my room, and I saw that it was wide open. It came back to me once again, as I did in fact remember that there was another room that had been open one specific night, as it made me feel sick to even think those kid of thoughts at the same time too.
I was tempted to slam the bath room door closed, but at the same time as well, I also realized how badly I needed to take a piss, as I shook my head, and I then turned on the light, just like I had done over a decade ago at this point. I was almost ready to jump back, as if I had expected to see my wife standing there, tearing apart our baby girl.
I shook my head when I saw that the bath room was empty, and the only person that was in there, as I saw in the mirror, was my self. I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as I then went up to the toilet, and I lifted up to seat so that I was able to take a piss. I closed my eyes, as I then began to do so, as it relaxed me to let out all of that, that had been building up in side of me.
Once I was done, I pulled my junk back in to my pants, and I then began to shut the seat, as I went up to the sink at the same time too, and I began to wash my hands after I got my self a fresh bar of soap up from the top cabinet, as I saw that I did not have a bar of soap in here in the first place.
It had been a while since I had used this sink to be fair, so it made sense as to why there had not already been one there for me. I had used the bath room just last night to take a shower, so that had not been the problem at all, as it was simply just the fact that I did not wash my hands after I took a shower. Who did though? That seemed a bit strange to me.
I shook my head, as I knew it was good to have mind on other thoughts than what I was thinking about before now, but at the same time too, those were not exactly the thoughts that I had in mind to have my head be trapped in. Maybe it was best to just not be trapped in my thoughts at all.
I shook my head at the same time too, as I knew that it was a bad idea, and at some point during the day, I was going to have to tell Ben that this was going to be our last time together, once we were out side, and ready to go on with a quest that might last us a couple of weeks at the same time too.
We were looking for gun supply shops in any towns that were a bit further away, as we had already scavenged all of the others ones at this point. I let out a bit of a soft sigh, as once I was done with the fact that I had been washing my hands, I then turned off the light to the bath room, and I made sure to close the door behind me at the exact same time as well.
I nodded to my self, as I was glad that I had done as such, as I then went back to the thoughts of what it was that I had been planning on doing with Ben since this was going to be the last time that we were going to be going out side of the walls with one another practically ever I had to assume at this point, unless for some reason we decided at some point in the future that we wanted to go on a mission together.
I did not want that to be the case how ever, as I had in fact noticed that I had been getting quite a bit closer to Ben, and I was worried what ever sick God that was out there, would do to him since we were getting close to one another. I felt like he had already been close to me, and maybe I could feel the same for him, but over the last few weeks I had felt a special click.
That special click needed to go away how ever, as I knew that I could not get close to him at all. I could not bare another loss, as I had already suffered so much as it was already. I nodded to my self, as I knew that things were going to be fine once I finished off this last mission with Ben. Sure, I knew he was going to be a bit freaked out that he would not have me by his side, but I had already planned on this mission that I was going to ease him in to it.
This was not going to be like a normal one, as we were not going to be right up on one another such as we usually were when we did a mission with one another. I let out a bit of a soft sigh at the same time as well, as I then went up to the fridge that was in my kitchen, and I then all of the sudden opened it, to check and see what was in side for me, and what I could potentially eat for break fast.
I usually did not eat much for break fast how ever, and I often times did not get things that could run out easily from the grocery store, but I did feel like I did remember getting a half dozen pair of eggs from the market place just a few days ago at the exact same time as well, as I pulled them out of the fridge, seeing that there was still some left in there.
I opened it up, to make sure that it did not smell funky, and that it was still okay for me to eat. Once I noticed that it was fine, I pulled out the 3 eggs that were left, and I then got a pan from the cabinet that was under neath my stove, for me to cook it in.
Once all of that was done, that was when I all of the sudden turned on the stove top, and I put the pan on it, giving it a few seconds before the gas stove heated up. It was a bit of a surprise to me that they had in fact made a gas stove for my house in the first place, as gas was some thing we were for sure short of for one thing.
But I was kind of happy for it how ever, as I could say for a fact, that making food on a gas stove top was a lot better than making food from an electric one. I nodded to my self, as for some reason I had a smile on my face, as I all of the sudden at the same time as well, then cracked the eggs and put them in to the pan.
It was a big pan, so I did not have to worry about the fact that the eggs might split together and form one strange conjoined egg. That would be a bit weird, and I had never tried it before, but I felt like there was a reason as to why I had not, as I had to assume that it would not work too well for me at all in the first place.
I shook my head, as I then all of the sudden at the exact same time too, then went back in to the fridge to see if there was any thing for me to drink in the first place as well, as I saw that there was a quart of orange juice, as I cracked a bit of a smile at the same time too, as I knew how much I loved my orange juice at the same time too.
I nodded to my self, as I then got a cup from the top part of the cabinet that was above the stove, and I then began tp pour to orange juice in to it, as I was ready to drink the delicious OJ, as I had a big smile on my face at the exact same time too, as I loved my orange juice so much, as it was probably my favorite thing to drink, as I continued to plow in to it, as I moved my eggs a little bit at the same time too, to make sure that they cooked properly.
Once I saw that they seemed to be thoroughly cooked, just like liked them at the same time too, as I liked them a bit over easy. I put them on a plate, that I had got from the same cabinet that I put the cups, as I did not have all that much dish ware, due to the fact that I knew that I was not going to be at this home all that much in the first place.
I then took my plate and the rest of my orange juice over with me to the table that was on the other side of the big kitchen, which almost seemed to take up nearly half of the house that I lived in, I then sat down at the table, and I began to feast in to the delicious eggs that I had made for my self.
Though I did not make food all that much, my mother had taught me when I was a lot younger, how to make the best food. Shannon often asked if I could provide a certain dish for them when ever they had meetings or gatherings for some one that was going to get a job. That rarely happened ant more how ever, as Shannon no longer had a council, and we no longer had any children.
I let out a bit of a loud sigh to my self, as I knew that there was no one with me in my house to hear it any ways, as I then began to bite in to the food, as it felt a lot better than it usually seemed to taste when ever I was to make eggs. I was not sure if it were due to the fact that I had put a little bit extra pepper on it, or if maybe it was due to the fact that I might have cooked it perfectly.
Maybe even it could be due to the fact that I was just so hungry any thing would taste good to me at this point, even ketchup for all I knew. The thought of ketchup made me nearly want to gag how ever, as it made me feel sick as to the fact that I even could imagine eating any thing with ketchup.
My father had made a deal with me when I was a lot younger, that there was one food that I did not like, we were not going to make it, or eat it. It was simple for me, as the food that I had told him was ketchup. I knew it had him a bit chocked, as tomatoes I was okay with, but I hated even the thought of ketchup.
I knew people that put ketchup on their eggs, and that was disgusting to me, as I was about ready to vomit all over the eggs that I was eating right now. I no longer felt like I wanted to eat any more either, due to the fact that I had been thinking to much in to the fact that I was eating ketchup.
Luckily there was only half of an egg left, and I really did not feel all too hungry any longer. Ben had made a nice meal with me last night for him and his brother, and we had invited a few friends to it as well, such as Kim, and Phillip who were in the community at this moment.
Phillip usually always was, as I never had seen him leave before, as I some times wondered what his job was, or if he even had a job in the first place. I did not need to care though, as it was none of my business, though I was tempted to ask Shannon about it several times, as it was clear to me that the kid was over 14, if not even maybe over 16.
I shook my head, as I knew that I did not need to be worried about him how ever, as I knew that I needed to keep my focus on my self, and the plans that I had for Ben as well, as I then got up from where I had been sitting at the chair beside the table, and I then began to walk over to the sink, to clean out the dish that I had eaten off of, and the cup that I had drank out of at the exact same time as well.
Once I was done with that, I then nodded to my self, as I tried to remember what it was that I had been planning on doing in the very first place. I blinked a few times, as I stared in to the sink for just a few moments, as for some reason, it seemed almost like the plate for some odd reason or another, reminded me about the fact that I had been going to pick up Ben from his house.
I cracked a bit of a strange smile, as I was not so sure as to what was up with that, as I then picked up a skinny jacket from off of the wall at the exact same time as well, as I then began to walk over to the front door of my house once it was on. I opened the door a bit slowly as well, as for some reason I was still a little bit worried that there were dead roaming the streets like they had been for a while, a long time ago.
Not for the first time either, which I had to assume was a lot of the reason as to why I was so afraid in the very first place as well, as I shivered a bit, as for one it was quite a bit cold out side, but for another thing too, I was also just trying to shake off all of the thoughts that seemed to be going through my head at the exact same time as well.
I then nodded to my self, as I got my focus back on what it was that I had been planning on doing long before all of this, and what it was that I had told my self I was going to do as well, as I then began to walk out of the front door of my house, as I looked around at the same time too, as if I was trying to remember where Bens place was.
To be fair, even if I did go up to his home every time we went out side of the walls, I was a bit used to the fact that Ben used to live at the community house with his parents, and his step dad he was my best friend, so I was used to that at the same time as well, as we often went on missions together at the exact same time too.
I shook my head, as I turned my head to the left side of me, as I saw that the community house was right near me on the right side, as I squinted my eyes at that at the exact same time too, as if I spotted some thing suspicious going on around there. I still felt like Shannon had not told us the full truth as to what had happened to be fair.
Maybe she had, and I was over thinking it, as she had at the very least admitted to the fact that she had lied to Ben about the fact that his sister had betrayed us, as she had told him that she was really not too sure about all of it in the first place. I shook my head once again, as I knew that my thoughts did not need to be on that either.
I blinked a few times, as I then began to go down the streets on the left side of me, as I then began to realize at the exact same time that it was snowing all around me. I was not really a big fan of snow, such as a lot of other people were for some odd reason or another, but it felt nice to have a bit of a change of scenery, as it felt like it had not snowed in years.
I smiled a bit, as I rolled my eyes to my self at the exact same time too, as I all of the sudden began to keep on going to Bens place which was a fair ways around the corner from me. I had wasted quite a bit of time as it was today, and I knew that I needed to get my focus on all of the plans that I had made for us.
I also knew that even if Ben needed the sleep, I needed to get to his house as soon as possible, as I had wasted a lot of the morning laying in bed, not sure if I was trying to sleep, or if I was just too lost in my thoughts. Potentially both for all that I knew, as I usually did not have much time to think to my self once I was out side of the walls.
Plus, at the same time too, we did not have weather forecast to tell us how long it was going to snow, and how bad the snow was going to be. For all that I knew, we could be stuck out side with over a foot of snow around us. I nodded to my self, as I then began to jog a bit at the same time too, before the roads got icy, as I knew that I needed to get to Bens home soon.
I nodded to my self, as I once again got my focus on to that, as I cleared out the rest of the thoughts from my head, just like I knew that I should do every time I went out side of the walls. This was one of those days as well, and I knew that if I did not do as such soon, than it would in fact follow me out side.
As I shook off all of my thoughts, I seemed to be going a lot faster, even if I was jogging a normal jog, it did not take all that long for me to spot the house of Ben through the fog of the snow in the distance. I nodded to my self once again as well, as that was when I then began to turn the jog in to a run, as I wanted to get there as quick as possible, as it felt like I was freezing.
It was at least a solid below 0 at this point, and I was almost tempted to call of all of this that I had planned on doing with Ben in the first place. I shook my head at those types of thoughts, as I knew that this was not the first time that I had to go out side in the freezing cold, and the snow when I was out side of the walls.
I was more just worried for Ben, but at the same time too, I knew that he needed to get used to it at some point or another, as I knew that I could not treat him like he was a baby. I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time as well, as I got on to the front porch of the house, as just like usual when I got there, I was tempted to knock on the door out of respect.
I did not do so how ever, as I knew that he was dead asleep in side, and it would not matter at all if I was to do so in the first place. I shook my head, as I then dipped my head a little bit low to the ground at the same time as well, as I then reached under the mat to get the spare key to the house.
Once I got it, I then unlocked the door to his house, as I opened the door at the same time too, looking in side to see that it was a little bit dark in there. It was clear that no one was asleep in side of the house at the moment, or at least so I thought, as one of them could very well be awake in their bed room, or the bath room for all that I knew.
I nodded to my self, as I walked in to the house, and I closed the door shut a bit quietly from behind, so that it was not to wake Liam, as I looked at the kitchen that was around the corner at the same time as well, as I saw a bunch of snacks, such as granola bars, right on the counter at the exact same time too.
I was a bit tempted to take some with me on the trip, as I knew they took a while to go bad, but at the same time too, I knew that I should not be greedy at all, as those were for Liam, and I did not need to take his food, as Liam could not just simply go to the market place such as Ben could, and get some more for him self.
I looked away from the snack, as I then turned my head over to the hall way that was on the left side from me, as I was nearly about ready to go down it, over to Bens room. Their house was a bit small as well, even if it had 3 bed rooms, as the living room and the kitchen were small, and the often ate on the tall chairs on the counter, as they did not have a break fast table such as I did.
They did have 3 bed rooms how ever, as Shannon had at least been nice enough to let them stay at the community house for a while, until they made a house specifically designed for them. I knew that Shannon did not like Angela at all, but she did know that she was a valuable member to us.
Perhaps maybe that was why she had changed her mind on the fact that she would blame Angela for all of what had happened a while ago, as she thought that maybe Angela would come back to us some day. I was not sure if that was going to be possible, but I knew that I should at least keep a little bit of some sort of hope.
I shook my head, as just as I was about to go to the front part of the hall way, I heard a voice speak to me from the other side of the room that I was in, right behind me. I jumped back a little, as it had scared me quite a bit, as I had thought that I had been alone in the room, but clearly, I had been wrong.
I blinked a few times, as I turned my head over to where I had heard the person speaking from, as I noticed that they had a high tone of voice, and the person that was speaking was none other than Liam, as he was some how reading a book in the dark, as I saw that he had a book in his hands at the exact same time as well.
I was still a bit in shock, as it had in fact scared me quite a bit, even if I would try to deny it, as I had not expected any one to be in that room, as it had been completely dark. Some how Liam was reading a book in a dark environment, and there was nothing that kid could do to not surprise me every time that I saw him.
The kid was just a few months away from his 6th birthday, and I felt like I should look for some sort of gift for him once we were out side of the walls. I was not sure what it could be, but I bet that I could find a pair of some books that he might like to read, that might put him to a test at his reading skills at the same time as well.
I knew he was an insanely smart kid how ever, as he could always used the words around that word to figure out what a new word meant, that he had never heard of before. It never seized to amaze me how my best friend had made a kid such as smart as him. Not because I viewed my friend as stupid or any thing, but to me, the kid was a genius.
I knew that a lot of people thought the exact same way about as I did as well, as he got a lot of praise for it. It made sense as to why kids at the day care used to make fun of him. It was because they were jealous, calling him a 'nerd' sense he was so smart. They wanted to be like him, but sadly for them, they just weren't, and never would be.
I shook my head at the exact same time too, as I was doing exactly what it was that I had been trying to get my self not to do in the first place, which was of course, being lost in a strange train of thoughts, such as the way that I was acting at this very moment in time in the first place.
I blinked a few times, as I got my focus back on Bens little brother Liam, as the kid was one of the kindest, and most gentle souls that I had ever met, making me feel sick as to the thought of what it was that he had to do to one of my other best friends, Lilly, which he did not have a choice on of course.
I shook off those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I remembered that the kid was speaking to me in the first place, and I needed to get my focus, and not be an ass hole to him, as I knew that I needed to listen as to what it was that the kid was saying to me in the very first place any ways, which I did in fact do so of course, as I got my eyes locked on with his.
"Hey Christian... You are here a bit later than usual... You here to get ready to take my brother out side?" He asked me at the same time as well, as it always was a little bit funny how Liam viewed the scary world out there, for him at least, as I was used to it at this point, as simply just out side.
I was a bit worried about that at the same time as well, as out side when I was younger was some thing that you did with your friends, when you wanted to spend some time with them. I shook my head at the same time as well how ever, as I had learned at this point, that Liam was a smart kid, and he for sure would not do some thing as stupid as that.
Plus, there would be no way for him to do so any ways, as you needed the permission of a guard, for you get out side of the walls, and I knew for a fact that no one would let a kid out side, much less him being a kid by him self, at the very same time as well, as I shook off those thoughts.
I blinked a few times, as I got my focus back on the kid at the same time as well too, as I noticed that I had put my head a little bit low to the ground, as it now seemed like I was no longer paying attention to him, which was not the case at all either. I was paying my fullest attention to the kid, and I knew that he was a smart kid, and I did not want him to think other wise.
I looked at Liam for just a little bit longer, until I then nodded to him in a bit of a response at the exact same time as well. It felt like even a nod to the kid was saying to much, as I felt almost like he could read my thoughts, and he knew just exactly what it was that I was going in to the other room to say to his brother in the very first place.
I shook off those thoughts, as I knew that they were stupid thoughts for me to be thinking, as I then let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self. I nodded to the kid for a reason, and I knew he was expecting me to speak. I cleared off all of those thoughts, as I then got back to what was going on at this moment, as I finally began to speak to the kid at the sane time as well.
"Yeah... I am going to take him out side of the walls for a couple of weeks, so I hope that you have plenty of food." I said to him, as I looked at the counter at the same time as well, to the kitchen, as I felt like it was kind of a stupid, and pointless thing for me to say to him in the first place, as I saw a ton of food left out for Liam, as it was clear that Ben has gone to the store for him yesterday. I blinked a few times as I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I saw Liam nod back to me. I nodded back to him as well, as I let out a soft sigh to my self, and I then continued to speak to the kid. "You stay here, I am just going to talk to your brother."
I said it as if he had the intent on trying to spy on us, which of course he had never done before, as he was not one to get in to the business of others, so I was not sure as to why I had felt like I had to add on that last part in the first place any ways, as I shook my head to my self at the exact same time too.
The kid nodded to me in a reply, as I saw him suddenly dip his head down, as it was clear that he was not going to do as such, as I saw him get back in to reading his book. I rolled my eyes, more to my self, as I cracked a smile to my self at the same time as well. I wish that I could say that I loved the young kid, but like I was thinking about earlier, I was worried about that not being a good idea at all.
I shook my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I then turned my head away from the kid, and I began to walk down the hall way all the way down to Bens room that he slept in. It was the smallest out of the 3, which I felt like Ben had asked for in the first place, as he never seemed to mind at all.
He was rarely in his room any ways, such as I, so it made sense as to why he might not care. I shook my head, as I also knew that once again, those were useless thoughts to be having, as I slowly opened the door to Bens bed room, to see that he was fast asleep on the bed that was about 10 feet away from me.
I let out a bit of a sigh, as I looked at the time at the exact same time as well, as I saw it on the wall, that it happened to say 9:00 AM which was almost a whole hour past the time that I normally got him up around this time of the year. I shook my head, as I knew that the kid needed the sleep though, as even if he had got used to the physical labor, it still did wear the both of us out.
I blinked a few times, as I shook away all of those thoughts at the same time too, as at first I had been tempted to let him get some more sleep, but at the same time as well, I also realized that the roads could get icy, and that we needed to go ahead and get our day started out side, before there was too much snow.
If I waited any longer, it might be too late, and we could be stuck in the community for a while. As I looked through Bens bed room window at the same time too, I saw that the snow was getting faster and thicker, meaning that we needed to get the day started as soon as possible now.
I was done playing games at this point, as I shook my head, and I then began to head over to Bens bed, where I sat down on it first, and I then began to push the kid to wake him up, which felt a bit mean, but at the same time too, I also knew that it was the best way to wake him up, so that he felt some sort of energy, as it was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, if you could not tell.
I rolled my eyes, as I saw the kid lift his head up right away, as if he was quite a bit freaked out, and I had just woken him up from a night mare. He was like that every time I woke him up like that how ever, so I knew that there was nothing that I should be all that freaked out about, as I had asked him about it before, and he had quite the confused look on his face when I had said some thing about it to him.
I shook my head, as I saw Ben blink his eyes a few times at first, as he looked a bit confused clearly, as to why it was so bright in the room at this very moment. He then began to turn his head around a bit, as it was clear that he had known he had woken him up in the first place, until he saw me on the side of the bed with him.
He stared at me for just a few seconds at the exact same time too, as I could tell that he was a bit out of it. Once he realized what was going on around him how ever, he then nodded to me, and he let out quite a loud groan, as if he was one of the dead, as he then began to speak to me at the same time as well, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Wha- whats up Christian? You getting me up for going out side today? What's going on?" He said to me, as I looked at him with my eyes squinted at him for a few moments at first, until after a few more seconds, I then rolled my eyes at him. I had been told once that peoples brains were the most active when they first woke up, but I felt like it was clearly not the case at all.
There was always some stupid shit that some one told me about stuff like that, as they said stuff like 'yeah! Well studies show that!' I always thought it was funny, as I was sure that maybe some times it might be true what they were saying, but I really questioned on who it was that they were getting their studies from in the first place.
I shook my head once again, as I knew that those were useless thoughts that did not help me at all at this current moment, as what I had been thinking about doing in the first place had nothing to do with that at all. Besides, I also knew that it was a terrible idea for me to ever think back on what my past life was like, though it always seemed to come back to me.
I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time as well, as I once again squinted my eyes back at Ben, as I knew it kind of got in to his head, as I was making sure that he was paying attention to me, and what it was that I had to say to him at the same time as well.
Once I saw Ben dip his head a little bit low to the ground, as it was clear that he was in fact paying attention to me, even if he did not have his eyes on me at all, that was when I felt like it was safe for me to go ahead and begin to speak to him, which of course I did in fact do as such.
"We are going to be out for a few weeks, as we are exploring some new land and looking for some ammo... Its snowing like a maniac right now, so we better get this started." I said to him at first, as I kept my eyes locked on with his, though I was no longer squinting my eyes at him, as I realized that he had his full attention on me at this very moment in time.
Ben blinked his eyes a few times at first, as I could tell that he was still a little bit wary, as it was clear that he was still out of it at this moment, as he let out quite the loud sigh at the exact same time as well. I could tell that he was a bit tired, which I was not sure if it was because he had stayed up late last night, kind of like I had, as it made sense as to why he would lost in thought. I felt like it was more likely the fact that he was always like that when he first woke up how ever, as he seemed to always be like that every morning, as I knew that he got fairly good sleep.
I shook my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time too, as I saw Ben stretch him self quite a bit, which I felt like I needed to do as well, before we began to head out side, as I had not done as such quite yet. I did not want to strain or tear a muscle out side, as that was bad news to have that happen out side of the walls.
Bens step father, and my best friend had that happen to him once with me, as he had torn his mcl, and I had to practically carry him nearly 10 miles all the way back home, as we had to cut that mission a bit short. I blinked a few times, as I did my best to shake off those memories, as I did the same that Ben was doing.
I nodded to my self, as just like Ben had done, I too let out a loud sigh, as I saw Ben turn his head to me and nod to me. I nodded back to Ben, as I was a little bit confused as to what he was on about, as he then began to speak up to ?me, and I listened to what it was that he has to say at the same time as well.
"Where are we going? South I assume right?" He said to me. As I looked at him for just a few moments at the same time as well, as I had a bit of a blank look on my face, as I knew that he had assumed correctly, as I typically liked to explore up south, as it was usually closer to new land, and also as of late, up north was a bit dangerous as we had assumed that was where the other community was.
I shivered at those thoughts, as I did not even want to put our selves in that risk of them some how managing to catch us whilst out there. I had heard the stories, and it made me feel sick as to what they did to the women and the children there. It was like back in school, when they used to tell us a bunch of stories kind of like that, when I felt like no one could be that evil, as I did not believe a lot of what I had been told.
I shook my head, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the exact same time as well, as I remembered that the kid had in fact just spoken to me, and I was a little bit worried that I had not been paying enough attention as to what it was that he had said to me in the very first place.
Once it came back to me how ever, I then looked back over to Ben, and I then nodded back to him, such as he had done to me, to let him know that I was about to speak. Ben stopped stretching, as he then nodded back to me, to let me know that he was listening, as I sighed a little bit, and I then began to speak to him.
"Yes... Down south of course, so hopefully we can miss out on a bit of this blizzard..." I said to him at first, making sure that he had been paying attention to what it was that I had said. It was fairly clear to me that he was how ever, as I realized that there was nothing for me to worry about, as I then began to continue to speak to him. "Well... Are you ready?"