Chapter 6: Hes Coming (Shannons PoV)

Andrew looked at me for just a few moments, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me. It was as if he was trying to read into my soul. It kind of scared me to think about as well, as I sure as hell had a lot that I needed to hide, from not just him, but from all of the people that were still alive in the community.
I felt sick, just thinking about it all again, as I knew it was all my fault. At the same time though, reality kept telling me that I had no other choice. It was either lose my life, and lose all of theirs, or save my life, and save about half of theirs.
They had already been sneaking in on us for a long time, as it was the reason that I had gotten to them in the first place. I suppose I had a drink that had been drugged, because I woke up in a dark room. It had taken a few moments for someone to come in as well.
I was not in the community, I knew that for sure. I shivered, as I began to remember the freaky memory in my head, more and more by each passing second. I wanted to push it off, but it was a bit too hard to do so, as I just let it flow through me.

I blinked a few times... I had been asleep, and the last thing I remember was eating dinner. I ate dinner alone as I usually did, no one ever asked me if I wanted to come over to their house, and eat dinner with them, like they did with Angela's mother.
I hated that bitch... I shook my head though, as I tried to remember my last thoughts, of what had happened that night. All I could remember, was me suddenly beginning to feel just a slight bit woozy, and then suddenly I fell over on the floor.
It was beginning to make sense to me, what had happened to me... But how had it happened? I had been drugged, that part was what made the most sense to me. I had just a few people make the food, and the beverages for me, when I did in fact decide to have a meal.
I trusted those people though... Besides 1 of course... She was a bit new, and I did not know her that well. It was beginning to make more and more sense to me by every passing second. She had done it! That little snake! If I got out of this, I really was going to teach Angela a lesson.
It was beginning to make a lot more sense to me now. Angela had brought that little girl in a few weeks ago, and she had seemed to be innocent. I guess I was wrong... It was just as much my fault as it was hers... But if Angela had really betrayed me, she was going to have it when I got out of here.
If I got out of this though... That was one thing that I did not have an answer to at the moment. How was I going to get out of this? I had no clue as to where it was that I was at in the exact moment. It was just completely dark, and I could not see a thing around me.
I blinked a few times, as I knew that I did not have a bag over my head, as it was not all that hard for me to breath at the moment. It was just so dark in the room right now, so it was just hard to really know if that was the case or not at the moment.
I shook my head, as I looked around, even with my eyes getting used to the darkness in the room that I was in, it was still too hard for me to see anything. All I really could see, was a wall... A lot of walls, that were all around me.
I spotted a door as well, just based off the little glimpse of metal that signified that there was a doorknob. That was something Angela had taught me as well, so I suppose she was not all that bad... Maybe she had not know that the people she had brought it, were in fact evil.
It was all over the world, I should have seen it coming. It was just as much my fault, as it was hers. I should have known that there would be evil, that tried to look good. Once I was out of here, than I would know better than that next time.
If I got out of here, as I was not even too sure as to where it was that I was even at right now. I squinted my eyes, doing my best to see anything, but the room was too dark, and the room was so small as well, I was not quite sure if there even was anything for me too see in the first place.
I shook my head, as I just laid my head down on the ground. There was a table in front of me, and I was not sure what it was even used for. I tried moving my hands, and my arms around, but it was clear to me, that they were cuffed up, and there was nothing that could be done with them.
I just closed my eyes, as there was really no point to me even having them open in the first place. All there was to see, was a dark room all around me. I wanted to give up, and I just wanted to start crying. I knew that I could not though... My father had taught me better than that.
He had taught me so much, but at the same time, it almost seemed like I had not listened. It was all my fault now, they all were probably looking for me right now, scared to death... If they all weren't already dead... God knows where the hell I was at right now.
I just kept my head down low to the ground for a long period of time, as I wanted to just give up. Just slam my head into the table, over and over again, like I was in some mental ward, and that was the only way that seemed fit, for me to get out of there.
Mental ward... I wished... I wish this were all just a dream right now. I wanted the world to go back to the way that it had been before, but at the same time, I kept telling myself that I did not want it to. I loved the power, and I loved telling others what to do.
It made me feel sick... What had I really come to? I was no better than Angela, if anything, she was better than me. I shook my head, trying to shake all of it off at the same time too. I just needed to get some rest, though I did not feel tired at all.
I just wanted to sleep all of this off, because surely I was just stuck in a dream right? I laid my head down a bit softly on the table this time, as I kept my eyes closed, and I did my best to not start crying as well. It seemed to be working too.
But just as I thought that however, and I thought that I was about to fall asleep, or wake up, in whatever case that I was stuck in right now. I suddenly heard the door to the room that I had been in, loudly slam open, which woke me up from all of that.
I looked around, a bit surprised, and a bit confused for just a few seconds. I blinked, as I saw a fair bit of light come from the door way that had been right in front of me. Then suddenly the whole little room that I had been in, all of the sudden turned in to 1 very bright flash.
I closed my eyes, as I did not want to let my eyes feel the searing pain that it would have been in, if I would have just taken in the light, after being in a very dark room for a long time. I stared down at the table for a few seconds, until it finally felt safe for me to open my eyes.
I saw a man right away, as he was a bit more of a big man. He had a big smile on his face as well, almost as if he had thought that he had just said a very funny joke. I squinted my eyes at the man, as he kind of annoyed me, and I could already tell that I would not like him.
Hell... I did not think that I was going to like any man that I was going to meet in this strange place that I was stuck in right now. This guy was the cream of the crop though. He had an ugly smirk on his face, and he looked as if he thought he was big and strong having a woman cuffed up behind him.
We just sat there for a few seconds, staring each other down, as it seemed to put an even bigger grin on his face since we were doing so as well. I looked away from the man, as he was making me feel a fair bit sick, just looking at his ugly face.
It was not the fact that the man was actually ugly, but I just hated the nasty smirk that he had on his face. It seemed to make the man feel even better than before, now that I had looked away from him, and I instantly realized that it may have been a mistake.
I was a leader, and I was supposed to be strong, even if I was in a position like the one that I was in. That was one of the bad things about being a leader. It was a bit too late now though, as I had already made that mistake, as I then heard the man snort a bit of laughter out of his mouth.
I looked back up at the man, a bit stronger than I had looked before, as the man quickly zipped his lips. I shook my head, as I was glad that, that was now dealt with. I stared down at the table for a few more seconds, until the man began to speak to me.
"Our leader will be in here any minute, so be careful with your words that you say to him... He is willing to make a deal with you, and if you don't agree with it, than he will kill you." The man said to me. I just kept on staring at the table, trying to pretend that I had not heard a word of what the man had just said to me.
The man sighed, as he just stood still, as it was clear that he was just waiting on his leader. I began to shiver at the same time as well, though I did not want the man to see me do so, as I thought of how bad this could end up being, if this man, who looked big and strong, was not the leader.
Maybe the man was just more being used as a bit of a scary side kick, which made sense as to the reason that the leader was speaking to me, and not him. I shook my head, as I just stayed staring down at the ground. I shook my head, as I did my best to just clear all of those thoughts from out of my head.
We sat there, in just pure silence, for a bit of some time, until I heard footsteps, which did not seem to be very loud, nor heavy footsteps, as far as I could tell so far. I wondered if this leader, so to say, was really that much of a big and scary guy.
Or maybe, I was overthinking it, and they had the skills that the people of my community had, where they could make their footsteps almost seem to be dead silent. I sat there for a few moments as well, as the footsteps began to draw closer and closer to me.
If those were supposed to be quiet foot steps, they sure as hell were very loud. I shook my head, as I was beginning to realize that these men did not do the same things, that my community did. That was at least a plus for our side... But how much would that really matter in the end?
If I was gone, than it meant that they would have no leader, or worse, that traitor Angela would be the leader. I felt sick, and I almost wanted to vomit on the man that was right in front of me, just to try and teach him a lesson.
I shook my head though, as the footsteps stopped right at the door of the room I was in. I lifted my head up, to see the man that was the so called leader. When I looked up though, to my surprise, the man really did not look to be that much of a leader.
He was a lot smaller than the guy that had been in front of me, and he did not have his eyes on the man, like he was the Alpha. I shook my head however, as the man then nodded to the bigger man that was in the room, and then he began to speak to him.
"London is coming soon... Do you have the food ready for her?" He said to the man, with a bit of a confused look, as he looked around the room, wondering why there was no food on the table for me. I had to admit as well, that I was very hungry too.
I looked around, in hopes that the man had food around the corner, and I had just not seen it yet. I was so hungry, due to the fact that I had not actually gotten to eat the meal, that the chefs at my house had made for me. I did not know how long I had been asleep for as well.
I blinked a few times, as I then looked over at the man. I now knew that the 2nd man that had just walked in to the room, was in fact not the leader, which made a lot more sense to me now. The 1st man, had a bit of a scared look on his face as well, as he began to speak back to the 2nd man.
"What the hell Chris? You did not tell me about that? Now I am in a whole lot of trouble, thanks a lot asshole!" He said back the 2nd man. The 2nd man had a bit of an innocent look on his face, but I saw that there was a smile inside of the innocent look.
The 1st man did not seem smart enough to realize that, and I really was beginning to think that he was more of just a side kick, that was used to scare off intruders... I began to relax myself af the same time, though I knew that I really should not be.
I was the one that was cuffed up, and I had no way out of this... As far as I knew, they could do whatever the hell they wanted to do to me. It gave me a bit of a scared, and a sick feeling in my body, as I then lifted my head up, to listen to what the 2nd man, named Chris had to say back to him.
"No Anderson... We told you she was not supposed to eat, or drink anything for 48 hours, until the drug was fully out of her system." He said back to the 1st man, who as far as I could tell, he had a very scared look on his face, at the same time as well.
It began to make me wonder, was the leader just a very evil person, or was he really a lot bigger than the so called deputy as I had to guess. Or maybe he was both smart and evil, as well as also being very big. That was the part that had scared me the most for sure.
I closed my eyes for just a few seconds, as I waited for the 1st man, Anderson, who seemed to be quite scared after what Chris had said to him, begin to speak back to him. Chris was really testing his luck, I could say that for sure, as I was quite sure that Anderson could easily knock the lights out of him. I shook my head though, as I then heard Anderson begin to speak back to Chris.
"Fuck you dude... You know he would kill me, its not funny to try to scare me like that..." He said back to Chris. I almost wanted to laugh at it as well, but I stopped myself, as I was not so sure what Anderson would do to me, if I did so.
I was also not sure, if what he had said was all that funny either, if the leader could easily kill Anderson. Anderson was a very big guy. I shook my head though, as I kept my eyes closed, and I just let my head rest in to the table for quite some time.
After a few moments of silence, and Chris just making a lot of noise in the room, laughing his ass off, it then became dead silent. As no one said a word to one another. I wondered if maybe they had disappeared somehow, until I then heard the voice of Chris then speak up.
"Well girl... Seems like you got yourself in a mess... Good luck with that..." He said, to me as well, as I quickly realized it. I lifted my head up, and I squinted my eyes to the man, as he did not really scare me at all. But suddenly, I then began to hear loud footsteps from the other room. Chris then began to speak once again. "Well... Hes coming..."