Chapter 38: Long Day (Bens POV)

I looked at my mentor, Christian for just a few moments, as I let out quite a loud groan at the same time too. It felt as if I had got hardly any sleep at all last night either. I did not want to get out of bed, though I knew that I had to do so, as I knew that this was an important day for the community.
I stared at the pillow that was in front of me for quite a bit of some time, as I just wanted to lay in it. I hoped that one of these days, I could just sleep in, and not have to worry about any more of the dead. I was not sure when that day would come though, as it was not like all of the sudden, that dead were just going to disappear.
I closed my eyes once again, which I realized right away was a bad decision, just by the fact that Christian was with me, and I already knew that he would notice some thing as simple as that. As I closed my eyes for just a few seconds, I suddenly felt a rough push come from right beside me, as it nearly knocked me off the bed.
Luckily I stopped my self before I did so how ever, as I lifted my head up at the same time too, squinting my eyes at Christian, as I was quite a bit upset at what he had just done. I knew that I needed to get up, as there was a lot of people that needed me right now, my brother, Liam, included in all of that, as I was being lazy, as well as being greedy.
It was a bit harsh for him to just shove me out of the bed how ever, as he knew that it was always hard for me to wake up in the morning. I blinked a few times to see what was going on around me, as I shook off any sort of angry thought that I might have of Christian, as it hit me that Andrew had said to me, that we needed to get up early.
I remembered as to why, as it then hit me at the same time as well, that the community had been under attack from the dead over the last few days, and even though Shannon had done a good job of clearing it out, it did not mean that all of the dead were officially gone from the community, as I knew that there were still plenty in the houses such as Lilly had been.
I shivered at the thought of Lilly, as it made me feel sick to think back on her, and to think that my little brother, who was just a simple 5 year old, was the one that had to kill her. I shook my head, as I knew that was not where my thoughts needed to be at right now, as I knew that Christian needed me right at this moment.
I let out a much louder groan then before, as I almost felt Christian coming at me one last time to get me out of bed, as I lifted my head up, to see him as what it looked like him about to slap me, as if that was going to do some thing in getting me up. I looked at him for a few moments, as I was a little bit confused.
He then moved his hand forward, as he did in fact go ahead and do what it was that he was planning on doing, as he slapped me right in my face. I blinked a few times, as it did not hurt me all that much, but it did get on my nerves, as I then began to yell loudly at Christian at the same time too.
"Hey! What the hell? Relax... I am up!" I said to him, as I saw that he had his eyes squinted at me the whole time whilst he had done so. I stared right back at him, as I was a bit annoyed, as well as a little bit pissed off at him at the same time too. He had never done as such before, and he had clearly seen that I had my eyes open.
If you asked me, he was going to do it no matter what, just due to the fact that he knew it was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, even on a day that was important as this one. It still did not make it okay in my eyes how ever, as I kept my eyes squinted right at him, as all of the sudden I saw him grin a little bit at me, as if all of this was some how funny to him.
He really was pushing my buttons right now, as it felt like he was the one that was acting like a little kid, and I was the one that was having to mentor him, and teach him things. I shook my head, as I heard him laugh a little bit, for just a few seconds, as if this was some kind of game to him for some reason.
I shook off those thoughts at the same time too how ever, as I did my best to get my mind on what was going on, and what it was that we needed to do in the first place today any ways. I blinked a few times, as it then came back to me, all that had happened the day before, and the fact that we were going to clean up the rest of the community.
I shook my head once again, as I then rolled my self out of bed, and I then began to head over to the bath room of the bed room that we had slept in just the night before. It felt like it had been for ever since I had slept in the community house, but I still remembered where every thing was at, as if I still lived here.
I closed the door behind me, as if Christian was trying to sneak in, and watch me piss, which I did in fact do so, as I had forgot to do so last night, and it was a lot to take out at the same time too. After all of that was done, I then began to head over to the sink, which I saw to my surprise, there was some clothes laid out for me.
I blinked a few times, as I then began to remember that I had in fact seen that Christian had wet hair, as it was clear to me that he had taken a shower. It meant that Shannon had some how managed to turn the water back on last night, or perhaps this morning. I began to undress my self, as if I thought that I was going to take a nice warm shower as well.
I then remembered at the same time as well how ever, that Christian had said that we were in a rush, and that he had just let me sleep in. It meant that I did not have time for a shower, and I could not get mad at Christian, though I knew that a badly needed a shower, as I would much rather sleep than take a shower.
I had gone several days out side the walls with out a shower, so another day was not going to hurt me all that bad. I went ahead and took of my clothes still, as it was at least nice to be able to wear some clean clothes at the very least, though it was clear to me, that the clothes were far too big for me, it was not going to hurt me too badly I was sure of.
I did not know what to do with the dirty clothes I had, as I looked at them on the floor for a few moments, I then shook my head, as it was never an important pair to me, and I don't think any thing could clean that up with how nasty it was right now. I just let it sit on the floor, as I then walked out of the bath room, seeing Christian on his bed waiting for me.
I nodded to Christian at the same time as well, as I saw him nod back to me. I blinked a few times, as he then got off of the spot that he had been sitting on his bed at, and he began to walk over to me. I blinked a few times, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on, and what he was doing, as I then began to speak to him at the same time too.
"So... You going to take us to where Andrew is waiting for us at?" I asked him, as I squinted my eyes at him at the same time too. He squinted his eyes back at me, as if he was the one that had asked the question, which confused me a bit, as I had not a clue as to what he was on about, and what was going on with him.
I could clearly tell that he was a bit lost in his head, which was not hard to notice from him, as he was usually so aware of his surroundings, and what was going on around him. At this moment, normally he could hear a pin drop at all times, but I don't think he would turn around if some one was to stomp their foot right behind him at this very moment.
I looked down at the ground, as I once again let out quite the loud sigh, as I was not sure as to what it was that I should do. It had been him that had got me up, so that we could go and join Andrew in cleaning up the rest of the community, but now it felt like I was the one that was going to have to take the lead now.
Luckily, I was no longer on any of the thoughts that hurt me, which I was not sure if it were good or not for me to not have any emotion. I knew that Christian viewed it as good, but it still felt like a part of me was telling me that I needed to at least have a little bit of emotion in me.
I needed to stay alive, other wise I was just like the dead out side. I shook my head, as I tried my best to just shake off all of those thoughts, as I lifted my head up to Christian, and I squinted my eyes right back at him. I could tell that he was still well aware of his surroundings too, as it seemed that he noticed me do so right away.
He stared right back at me, as I then saw him blink a few times as well, as it was clear to me that he was doing his best to clear out all of the thoughts that he had right now. Finally, he then nodded to me, as I nodded back to him as well. He then began to speak to me too, as I listened to what it was that he had to say to me.
"Yes... Lets go... Just been waiting on you this whole time..." He said to me, as I blinked my eyes a few times at the same time too. I almost wanted to laugh as well, as at first, I had thought that he had been joking with me, but as I looked in to his eyes, I saw that he seemed to be dead serious with what he had said to me.
I suppose, that he was right with what he had said before now, but it felt like at this current moment, he was the one that seemed to be holding this off, and wasting a fair bit of time too. I shook my head though, as I shook off all of those thoughts, as I thought it best to just not say any thing, as I waited for him to do what it was that he had said we were doing.
At first, I saw him dip his head a bit low to the ground, which was instantly suspicious to me, as it seemed like he was about to get lost in his head once again, and I was going to have to pull him out of it, but to my surprise how ever, I saw him just nod to him self, as he began to head over to the front door of the bed room that we had slept in just last night.
I blinked a few times, as I then nodded to my self, as I was a bit lost on what was going on currently, as I followed him out of the room that we were in, not looking back, though I knew I had left some things behind, such as my clothes, which I did not worry all that much about, as I had already told my self I was just going to throw them away any ways.
I checked my belt, to make sure that I had put on the right one, as I felt my gun, and I made sure the silencer was on it at the same time too. Once I made sure of that, I nodded to my self, as I felt a lot more safe now that I knew that I had my gun on me, even though I knew that I usually used the knife, which I also happened to have on me.
I shook my head, as I was sure that things were going to be fine, and it was all going to end up being okay, as I followed Christian down the hall way that we had been on last night, when Andrew had told us that we needed to be up early in the morning. I looked around for a nearby clock, as I wondered just how early it was in the first place.
Andrew had wanted us up at dawn, and by the amount of light that I had seen in the window of the bed room, it was a bit past dawn. I continued to look around the hall way for a clock, which I knew there had to be one some where, as there was always clocks down this hall way.
I nodded to my self, as I spotted one near the end of the hall way that we were going down, as I looked at the time, and I saw that thank fully it was only 6:15, and it was maybe 20 to 30 minutes past dawn. Christian knew where it was that we were going, so I felt it best not to pester him, or ask him any questions.
Once we were down to the end of the hall way as well, Christian then opened the door that was right in front of us, as he did not hold it open for me either, as it nearly slammed right in to my face. I gave Christian a bit of a dirty look, but it was clear that he was not paying me any sort of attention, as he had his eyes, and his mind focused on the task that was in front of us.
I looked all around me once we were fully out, and in the clearing, as I was worried that there was going to be a bunch of the dead, just like there had been the days before now, but to no surprise, as I remembered as to what had happened last night at the same time too, I did not hear any groans, or see any of the dead walking around.
As I looked around for a little bit longer how ever, I did in fact see big piles of a bunch of the dead on the sides of the roads, as it was clear that they must have pulled them to the sides, so that we could at least walk through the streets like normal. I shook my head, as I did my best to shake off all of the thoughts that there was a bunch of the dead all around us still, even if they were not alive any longer.
I looked up at the sky for a few moments, as I saw that it was behind us, and for some reason we were heading away from it. I felt like I should ask Christian a question, which did a fairly good job at the same time too, of clearing my self from the thoughts off all of the dead, as I then began to speak to him.
"Christian... I thought the sun rose in the West? Why are we going to the East side when you said we needed to meet Andrew in the West?" I asked him, as I felt that it was a fairly good question for me to ask, as I was in fact a bit confused as to where it was that we were going in the first place, as well as the fact that it did a good job of clearing my thoughts as well.
As I continued to follow Christian, it did not seem as though he had heard a word that I had said to him in the first place, as he just kept on walking forward, and I kept on following in his tracks. After a few seconds how ever, I heard a loud groan from ahead of me, as I was nearly about to pull out my pistol at first.
I was quite a bit worried that any of the dead could sneak up on one of us at any point, and tear us apart, which was a fair reason to be worried, as I could still see a bunch of the dead on the sides of the streets around me, but in this case, it just happened to be Christian, that was the one that had seemed to let out the load groan.
I moved my hand away from my belt a bit, though I kept it close just in the case that at some point, it could in fact be one of the dead, as luckily enough for me, that was not the case at all this time how ever, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh, and I then continued to follow Christian down the road.
Christian turned his head around to me for just about a second or so, at least enough time for him to roll his eyes at me, as if I was some kind of idiot for asking that question that I had just asked of him. Maybe I was an idiot, but I was just not too sure, and I was a bit worried that Christian was not sure as to what he was even doing at this instance either.
Christian laughed, a bit louder than I would have liked as well, as I looked around, a bit worried that one of the dead might pop out of the piles, and run at us. That was not the case luckily enough for me though, as I then shook my head, as I heard Christian begin to speak to me, and I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me at the exact same time as well.
"Kid... That is basic stuff that they teach you in school... How do you not know that the sun rises in the East, and it sets in the West?" He said to me, as I looked at him a few times too, as I blinked my eyes as well. I wanted to say I felt like an idiot for not knowing, but at the same time too, did he some how forget that I had never been in school?
I shook my head, as I let out a bit of a sigh, as I kept on following him, hearing him laugh obnoxiously loud at the same time too, from right in front of me. I squinted my eyes at him, as I was a bit confused as to why that was so funny to him in the first place, but I did my best to shake it off, as I kept on going forward, walking ahead of him.
I thought he might stop me, or do some thing, or maybe even say some thing for that matter, but it seemed like he was perfectly fine, and perfectly content with the fact that I had walked in front of him, and that I was the one that was going to take the lead for us, for once. He had wanted me to get my self to do that at some point, so it made sense as to why he didn't stop me.
This felt like it was the best time for me to learn to do that, even though I had more or less done that because I was a bit upset with him. I looked ahead of me, and then to the sides, just as he had told me to do every few seconds or so, in the case that I did not hear the foot steps of the dead coming right over to me.
I blinked a few times, as I did my best to ignore the fact that Christian was still laughing from behind me, as I focused my ears on all that was going on around me currently. It seemed to be dead silent, except for the fact that I heard crows near by, more than likely tearing apart the dead, so that they could get their daily meal out of them.
It made me feel a bit sick, at the thought of that, as I did my best to just ignore all of them, and drown out the sound of their crows, which the continuously did to me, as if they were trying to mock me. I shook my head, as I did my best to make sure my foot steps were quiet, as I kept on walking ahead of me.
I seemed to be doing a fairly good job at it as well, until suddenly I heard foot steps come from the left side of me, and I pulled out my gun right away, as I was ready to shoot at any second. I looked at what the foot steps were from, and who or what it was before I shot, as I was glad that I did as well, as I saw Andrew and Jordan right in front of me.
Jordan jumped back, as I saw him flinch a bit, as I would have done the same if I was in his case, and some one had pulled a gun out on me. Andrew, the father of Jordan seemed to just the opposite of that how ever, as he nodded to me, as if he was proud of me for doing that in the first place.
Christian jumped in front of the gun, as if this was some sort of confrontation, and he was trying to stop it, which was not the case at all, as I tilted my head, a bit confused as to what it was that Christian was doing. It was clearly a mistake by me, as I had nearly shot the both of them, as I was worried that it might have been one of the dead.
Though, that was what Christian had taught me to do, so I was a bit lost on what was going on with him at the moment. I blinked a few times, as I then remembered that he had told me that I should not do that when we were in the walls of the community. But to be fair, in my case, it really was not safe all around me right now.
Christian looked at the both of us for a few moments, as if he was worried that one of us was going to shoot for some odd reason or another, which was not the case at all, as I had put my gun down, and Andrew had never had his gun up at all. Once Christian realized that it was now safe, and nothing was going on, he then nodded to the both of us.
I was still a little bit lost on what was going on, as I wondered if for some reason he might have thought that I was upset at Andrew. I blinked a few times, as I shook off all of those thoughts, as me and Andrew then nodded right back to Christian. After a few moments had passed as well, Christian began to speak to us, and I listened to what it was that he had to say to both of us.
"Don't shoot him for Christ sake Ben! It is just Andrew..." He said to me, as I saw that he had a smirk on his face now, as I realized that he was simply just joking, though I might have actually shot him if I had not stopped my self from pulling on the trigger of the weapon, which thankfully was not the case in this instance, as I rolled my eyes at Christian, as he just laughed and he continued to speak to all of us. "Now... Andrew, where are the others at?"
I blinked a few times, as at first a was a bit confused as to what he was getting at, until I remembered that there was in fact, supposed to be some more people with us, than just us 4. It kind of got me a bit worried, as I could tell at the same time too, that Christian was also a bit hesitant, as well as a bit worried too.
There had been a lot more than just 16 of us in the corridor last night, so unless they thought that us 4 would be fine, and that there were 20 others for the other 3 sections, than this was not fine at all. I figured at first, that I might have missed some thing from this morning, whilst I had still been asleep, but I could tell that Christian was just as lost as I was right now.
I blinked a few times, as I then looked around from Christian at the same time too, as I looked at Andrew, who was the guy that the question was directed at in the first place. Andrew blinked a few times, as if he had not heard what it was that Christian had just said, but after a little while longer how ever, he did in fact nod to Christian, to let him know that he had heard what it was that he had just said.
I was a bit relieved as well, as I was still a bit worried that the community that had attacked us, might just come back to finish us off, even though Shannon had made sure that it was not going to be the case, I could not help but to still be worried, as I did not know these people at all, and I was not sure if they would stick to a promise.
Just based off of the fact that they had killed half of us, that was not a good first look for any sort of trust that I had on them. I blinked a few times how ever, as I got my self off of those thoughts as soon as I heard Andrew begin to speak. I turned my eyes over to him, and I nodded to him, as he did so in the first place.
"I sent the others to go and make sure that the farms were safe, and that the animals are safe as well... We do not know what happened to the people that were working there when this all happened..." He said to Christian, with quite the serious look on his face, which felt a bit strange to me, as every one had been joking just a few moments ago.
Except for me of course, as I felt like that I had not been joking at all, as I was a bit worried that I might have actually shot Andrew, if I had not stopped my self from doing so luckily enough for him. I was not sure if I could live with my self if I had done so, which made me feel worse that they were just joking about it.
I let out a bit of a sigh, as I did my best to just shake off all of those thoughts as well, as I looked at both Christian and Andrew for a few moments, as I waited for one of them to continue speaking to each other. I saw Jordan from the corner of my eye doing the same as well, though I ignored that, as I knew that he was not of any sort of importance in this situation right at this moment.
Andrew was looking all around him, as I could tell that he, much as I was, was still a bit worried that the dead might be all around us, which thankfully, after what had happened last night, I knew to not be the case at all, but like him, I still could not help but to be a bit worried that one might sneak up on us at any moment.
I shook my head, as I let out a bit of a sigh, as I then turned my head over to Christian, as I stared at him for quite a bit of some time, as I saw that he just had his head to the ground, for not the first time today. It was a bit of a shock to me, as it confused me a bit too, as he was normally against doing as such, but as of today, he seemed to not be able to stop him self from doing so.
I blinked a few times, as I was about to step in for him, and say some thing, as I knew that we needed to get this day started, as it was going to be quite a busy one, if it was just us 4 that were search through the west side. There was at least 200 houses that we were going to have to go through if not more than that.
I was not sure if we were going to be able to do all that, if we were going in to all of them, and not just making sure that there was no one left in there. It could end up like my brother Liam, where some of them could be hiding in side of a closet. I knew that was a possibility, and it seemed that Christian did as well, as I saw him lift his head up, and squint his eyes at Andrew.
He then began to look around him at the same time too, as he looked at all of the houses that were in front of him. I too began to look around, as I saw that we were in the far corner of the community walls, and there seemed to be an almost endless amount of houses ahead of us too.
I gulped a bit, as I shook my head, doing my best to shake off all of those thoughts, as I had already known that this was going to be a long day for us, so it should come as no surprise to me. I blinked a few times as well, as I heard Christian finally begin to speak, as I then listened to what it was that he had to say back to Andrew at the same time as well.
"You and Jordan get the houses on the right side... We will get the ones on the left..." He said to Andrew and Jordan, as he looked at me from the corner of his eye at the same time too, to make sure that I had heard what it was that he had just said in the first place. I nodded to him, as I saw both Jordan and Andrew nod back to Christian as well. Just as they were about to head off, to do their part of the job, Christian said one last thing to them. "This is just like it is out side... Stay safe yall..."
Andrew and Jordan looked back at him one last time, as I saw them nod to him once again, as they then continued going to where it was that Christian had said we were going to. I blinked a few times at the same time too, as I looked over at Christian, and I squinted my eyes at him.
He had clearly given them the easy way in and out, as the houses were not just smaller on the right side, but there was a lot less of them too. I stared at Christian, as I was not so sure as to why he felt like he should always give us the harder way of doing things. Christian did not seem to be paying me any sort of attention I noticed right away how ever, as I saw him staring at the house that was directly in front of us.
I looked at it for a few moments as well, as if it were calling me to come over to it, and see what was inside, as if it were some sort of horror movie. I shivered a bit, as if I came to think about it, this whole world was a bit of a horror flick. I shook my head, as I turned my head over to Christian at the exact same time as well.
I was waiting for him to give the go ahead, which it did not seem to be the case, as for not the first time it seemed to be today, he had his head low to the ground, as if he was trapped in a chain of thoughts in his head. I shook my head, as I began to speak up to him loudly, so that we got started on what it was that we had planned on doing in the first place.
"So... Are we going to get started any time soon? I wanted to see my brother tonight..." I said to him, waving my hand in front of his face to try to get his attention on to me. He continued to stare down at the ground for quite a bit of some time how ever, until finally, he seemed to wake up, as I saw him lift his head up from off of the ground.
He stared at the house that we were clearly going to go in to, for a little bit longer, as it was a bit of a bigger house, as it had been one that had been in the big neighborhood, before the world had ended in the first place. I blinked a few times, as I too stared at it for a little bit of some time as well.
After a little while longer how ever, I finally saw Christian turn his head over to me, as I saw him squint his eyes at me at the exact same time too, as if I was some how the one that was sitting there staring at the ground, and that I was the one that we were waiting on in the first place.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I squinted my eyes right back at him, with a strong look on my face at the same time too. Eventually he nodded to me, as he then began to walk over to the house that we were looking at in the first place. I rolled my eyes, and I shook my head, as I then began to follow him over to it.
I let out a bit of a loud sigh, as it felt like this was going to be a bit of a rough day too, if he was going to be like this for the entirety of it. I thought back on my brother at the same time too, though I knew that the community was a lot safer now, I still did not want him going all over the place, in search for me.
I shivered a little bit, as I sure hoped that Chester had in fact learned from his sister, and he knew to not leave my brother alone. I shook my head, as I did my best to shake off all of those thoughts at the same time as well, as we then got up on to the front porch of the house that was directly in front of us.
We stopped at the front door, as like usual, I was tempted to knock on the door, in hopes that some one might answer from in side, which in this case that was the hope, for that to happen, but the reality was, I waz not quite sure if that was going to be the case at all, as to my surprise, Christian went ahead and did so.
I realized at the same time too, that it worked both ways, as I had forgot that I had some how made up some good idea that I had not meant to do whilst we had been out there one of the days, that we should knock on the door, to pull out in the of the dead that might be inside of the house.
I hoped that there was no dead in there, but at the same time too, I hoped that there was no one in there, as I really did not want to have to get in to a conversation with some one inside. I stared ahead of me at the front door for a bit of some time, as it seemed like no one was going to answer.
I shook my head, as I was about ready to head on to the next place, when Christian stopped me, and he shook his own head at me. I was a little bit confused, as at this rate we were not going to get done by tonight. Christian stared at me for some time, as I stared back at him, a little bit confused as to what was up with him.
Christian let out quite a loud sigh at me, as if I was some how being the idiot in this situation, and he was the smart one by him just staring down at the ground a lot of the time, so it had seemed. Christian finally began to speak to me, as I stared at him, and I then listened as to what it was that he had to say to me in the first place.
"We need to check in side... Remember with what happened to your brother? We don't want to leave some kid starving, or dying of dehydration inside of there..." He said to me. I blinked a few times as well, as I realized that he was in fact right, as we were just about ready to give up on my brother. I nodded to him, as he then nodded back to me, and he continued where he had left off in speaking to me, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me as well. "You go in first... You need more practice on this, and it is more likely that they will be less scared if it is a good that walks in."
I blinked a few times, as I looked at him for a little while longer. I suppose he had a bit of a fair point, because if they had a gun, and Christian was the one to walk in, as a big guy, they would be more likely to shoot him, than they would if I was the one to walk in to the room with a gun in my hand.
I nodded to him, as I stood on the front porch for just a little bit longer, and I closed my eyes at the same time too, as I took on a heavy breath as well. I blinked a few times, and as soon as I felt it safe for me to open the door, in which case, luckily this time it was unlocked, I did so.
Once we were in, a tried to flick on the lights, which of course, unlike it was at the community house, it did not work at all, to my disappointment. I shook my head, as I looked at Christian one more time real quick, as if he was all of the sudden going to step forward and take the lead for me, just like he usually did.
Instead, I saw him just nod to me, for me to keep on heading in to the place. I breathed in heavily once again, as I then did so, though I made sure to not make my foot steps loud, just as Christian had shown me to do, as I kept on going through the main hall way, that led to the stair way.
I blinked a few times, as I had to figure that at this rate, we were never going to finish this. I squinted my eyes at Christian, as I then stopped my self right in my tracks at the sane time too, as I was a little bit confused as to why we were taking this long? Would it not be safer for us to just yell inside, and make sure no one was here?
Surely some one would yell for help if they needed it right? I put my gun a bit low to the ground at the same time too, as I kept my eyes squinted at Christian, as I waited for him to say some thing to me. He squinted his eyes at me, as he tilted his head at me at the exact same time as well, as it was clear he didn't know what I was on about.
I was about to sigh really loudly, until I all of the sudden heard loud foot steps from the room beside us. It was clear that some one had heard us, before we had heard them. I was not sure as to what it was that I should do, as I blinked a few times, as all of the sudden, to my shock, the door that was in front of me, all of the sudden crashed down.
I had not a clue as to what was going on, as it all seemed to be going so fast. It was one of the dead, and it was an angry one at that! It was coming right towards me, and I was too hesitant to pull my gun up, and shoot at it as well. I blinked a few times, as the dead easily took me to the ground, with the door in between us, as it was the only thing that saved me from being torn apart.
I fell to the ground quite a bit hard as well, as of course it was a wooded floor that was beneath me. I was too focused on the fact that I was in a bit of pain from the fall, to notice that the dead was tearing through the door, and it was getting closer and closer to tearing through me as well.
I blinked a few times, as I all of the sudden heard quite shots fly through the room, which told me that was Christian shooting at the dead that had just got on top of me. I still was not sure what to do still, as I just stayed in the same spot, rubbing the back side of my head, where I had hit the ground.
I could tell that the dead was no longer going after me, due to the fact that I could not feel it pushing against me. That did not seem to matter to me how ever, as Christian suddenly pushed the door off of me, and he squinted his eyes at me as well, he began to speak to me at the same time too.
"Well kid... This is going to be a long day..."