Interlude

I looked down below me, as I saw that the dead were drawing closer and closer to taking down my wall. It did not matter to me all that much any more, as I closed my eyes. I felt like I should just fall down on the ground, and let them take me.
I knew that I could not do that. I had water, as I was working on the top of the house when this all went down. I was trying to fix a simple hole in the roof, when suddenly, there were these very loud explosions, and people were all freaking out, as if the world had just ended again.
It was a fair point too, as it felt like the world had ended for me at least. I was stuck on the top, as the ladder had fell down when the explosions rocked this place, as if it had been an earthquake. I kind of thought that was what it might have been as well, at first.
That was, until I saw the fire, as it was burning down the walls of the community. I wanted so badly to get down, but I was scared of heights for one, and I was not too sure what would happen to me, if I was to fall from the roof of a 3 story building.
I felt like a coward for it as well, as I had to watch it all unfold. The crazy people walked in to my home, laughing at me, when they saw that I was stuck on top of the rough. They called me a coward for not coming down, and helping my 2 daughters, my son, and the love of my life... My wife.
They had a bit of a fair point as well, as I had just stood there, and watched, as a bunch of grown men, grabbed all of my kids, giving them all sorts of nasty kisses, and they took them away from me too. My wife, well... She had it the worst out of all of them in my eyes, as I had watched them slit her throat in front of me, whilst laughing at the same time, like they were playing some sort of video game.
I wish that I had a gun on me... I used to go out of the walls, and I used to have plenty of those, but I gave them up when I had begun to have children. I felt like I had to stay at the home, and help my wife with them, rather than be out side all of the time.
I felt like that was a mistake now, as I could have perhaps seen all of this coming long ago. It was too late now, and she was gone. I just wanted to go meet up with her in heaven. I knew that was where she would be at, at the very least, but I was not quite sure if that was where I would be.
I had killed a few people, as it had not really been my fault, as it had been my life or theirs. I also had wanted to kill those people, that were holding my wife with a blade. I could have taken down a few of them, before they had a chance to stop me.
I know that they would still kill her, but I at least I would not be going down with out a fight. I closed my eyes, as I let a couple of tears drop from my eyes. I knew that I had to stay alive though, as my kids still needed me. I was not sure where they were at, but I would at least hope that I could find them, and try to save them one day.
I wanted to kill all of those people that had done that. I did not even want to think about what they were doing to my kids over there. I was quite a bit sure that they would not be the same in the end, no matter what. It made me angry, as I opened my eyes, and I squinted at the dead that were beneath me.
I knew it was not their fault, for what had happened, but it was certainly their fault for making the world the way that it was. I did not think that it could ever be this evil, but I guess that I was wrong. I suppose I always thought the best in people, and that was my down fall.
I had watched it all unfold... I had seen the entire council get slaughtered right in front of my eyes. All in all, at the end of that day, I knew that I was never going to be the same. I would be damn sure that I would never make my self as evil as those people, but at the same time as well, I did not feel like I could be good any more.
I shook my head, and I let out a bit of a quiet sigh, that way that I did not pull any more of the dead. I shook my head at the same time too though, as it did not seem to matter all that much, as the dead seemed to be all piling up on my house, once they heard the moans and the groans of the other dead.
I had tried looking for a way out, but it seemed damn near impossible, as the dead were all around the place. I could try to sprint, and jump past the dead, but at the very least I would sprain an ankle from the fall, if not more than likely break a bone, which I was damn sure would stop my right where I lay.
I knew that I had to think of some way out, at some point soon, as I was fairly certain that the dead would tear down the wall completely, within the next day or so. Not just that, but I was on my last bottle of water as well, and it felt hotter than ever before out side at the current moment.
I blinked a few times, as I was also hungry, but at the same time, I also knew that part did not matter all that much, as it was water that I mainly needed to stay alive. I had gone over a week without food, out side of the walls one time, when my carriage had got taken down by the dead.
I was lucky to have water in my bag, as I was not sure where else that I would be able to find water, that was not tainted at the very least. I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time too, as I knew that those did not matter, as for one thing, I did not go outside of the walls any more.
The other part was too, was that I was wasting a lot of time, and I knew that I needed to think of some way out of this mess I was in right now. I knew that if my wife was here right now, she would want me to go and find the kids, and save them.
She was not here right now, but I was damn sure that it would have been her final wish. She loved our kids, as it was the main reason that we had 3 of them in a time span of just 4 years. I was always worried about the baby dying in the womb, as it had happened to a couple of, now dead mothers.
It had seemed to be fine though, and we had a happy family. That happy family was no more, and it would not be that way for quite a while longer, until I could find my kids. I shivered, even though it was not cold, as I looked away from the dead that were below me at the current moment.
I had thought about tearing down the roof, as I had the tools to do so. I could get inside of the house, but I also knew that it would make a lot of noise, and the dead were all down the bottom floor of the house right now, since the walls were taken down.
If they heard the noise they would go up the steps, right over to where I was at. It might buy me at least a little bit more time however, as I knew we had a bit of some food and some water on the 3rd floor. I knew that at some point I would run out of time how ever.
There were still some people alive in the community, as I had seen Shannon walk out, just about an hour or so ago. I was not sure if she was even a human any more though, as we had watched the entire council get slaughtered, right in front of our eyes.
I knew that she cared deeply about them as well, as a lot of them were her friends. It felt a bit strange to say that, as I did not ever really talk to Shannon, but from what I had been told, was that she was a bit of a heartless, and soulless lady, that was not close to a single person in our community.
After her father had died at least. I knew that she was a good leader, but she did not seem to actually care all that much. I closed my eyes once again, as I just shook off all of those thoughts. I knew that at some point, I was going to have to take down the roof, but I was just not sure as to when.
Maybe once I finished this last bottle of water... I just was not sure how much longer I would have to wait after that... When were we going to get some help? Were we even going to get any sort of help? It was too many questions, and I did not want to really think on all of that, for too much longer.
I laid my head back, as I did my best to drown out the moans of the dead, that were all beneath me right now. I sat there for a bit longer, as I finally began to fall in to the much needed sleep that I had been missing, over the last couple of days.

I woke up, as right away I heard the groans of the dead below me, that told me that they were still below me, and that none of this had been a dream at all. I blinked a few times, as I lifted my head up, at the exact same time as well, to see that it was still just a bit bright out side at the moment.
I had been so tired, but had I really slept over 24 hours? I had not seemed to piss my self, so I was not too sure if that could be true. It seemed like I had only slept for an hour or so... I was so tired, so what was it that had seemed to wake me up?
I looked around me, as I heard a bit less groans than I had heard a few moments ago, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on? Had they gotten in or some thing? I looked down below me, as I saw that there was no longer a heard of the dead around my house, but now it was rather just a few scattered all over the place.
Had they thought that I had left? Maybe this was a good idea... Maybe I could get out of this some how... I blinked a few times, as at the exact same time too, I looked in front of me, and saw the big heard of the dead, that I had seen just a few hours ago, for some reason stumbling away from the house.
I tilted my head, as I was a bit confused as to what was going on at the current moment. Some thing must have got their attention away from me. I looked around to see what it was, as I wondered if some one had ran past the road, perhaps on a horse.
I looked around, but I did not see any thing flying past me. I turned my head, as I saw some thing much different. I saw about 20 to 30 people walking around the community house, talking loud to one another, as if there was not a bunch of the dead coming right over to them.
Now I was very lost, as I stared at all of the people, with a bit of an empty expression on my face, as I watched them begin to head over to the front side of the community house, like they were about to have some sort of gathering, or perhaps maybe even have one of those parties that they often had.
I looked around a bit, as I saw some one on the guard tower not too far ahead as well. I was a bit lost, as it really did seem like every one was acting like this was just a normal day, and there was not a bunch of the dead walking right over to them, at this very instance.
At first, I might have thought that I was in some sort of weird dream, or maybe even a memory mixed with a bit of a reality at the same time. I just did not remember there being a bunch of people walking around, with guns in their hands.
Unless you count the fact that those were the people that had attacked us a few days ago. I had seen them with a bunch of guns, shooting people that were going down the street, as if they were the dead, and not people at all.
I shook off those thoughts, as I knew that these were not the same people, as I saw that a few of these people were my friends. I in fact, saw one person looking right at me, as I tilted my head a bit confused, as they began to yell to me, as if there were not a bunch of the dead right near them.
"Stay there Tom! We are going to help you!"