Chapter 4: Thanks! (Shannons PoV)

I looked at the man for just a few moments, and I felt a bit bad for the poor guy. I did not know the guy all that much, besides the fact that I knew that he lived in 1 of the houses that was on the other side of the street from the community house.
I felt bad for the guy, for 1, because I knew that all of this was my fault, but also I knew that the man had children. I wondered what had happened with all of the children as well... That had been in the daycare at least... They must be all locked up, and so scared, at the current moment.
I then shook my head, as I was also beginning to doubt that at the same time too. The other community was evil, and who knows what they would do if they found a bunch of kids. I suddenly began to feel sick, like I was about to throw up.
I then shook my head at the same time as well, as my mind, and my eyes went back over to the guy that had just shouted my name. I moved back, at the same time as well, as I suddenly began to get a bit scared. It was as if I thought for some reason, that all of the sudden, the dead had just became smart.
The dead paid me no attention at all, when the man had shouted my name. The just kept on tearing down the walls to the poor mans place. I thought about saying something back to the man, but at the same time, I realized that it would not be a smart move by me.
The dead were all focused on him at the moment, if I were to yell back at them, it would get their attention over to me. You might think that it would be a smart play, to potentially try to save the mans life, but if I were to yell, it would not get nearly enough of their attention to give him a safe way out.
The last thing I needed as well, was to have a bunch of the dead focus in on me, and then run over to the community house, and begin to tear down our walls too. I shook my head, as I saw quite the scared look on the face of the man.
I wondered what he was more worried about right now, his own life, or the life of his wife and children. Hell... For all I know, his wife, and his children could be in the horde with the rest of the dead. I closed my eyes, as I knew I did not need to think like that.
It was one thing that I had learned from my father, which was not to think negative, or else that negative energy would form itself around me. I had never been a religious woman, so you would think that I would have just laughed that off.
I most certainly was not religious at all, now that the world had all gone to shit, but it seemed like what my father had told me, in a lot of situations it came true. I always did my best to not think negative, but it always seemed to bite me in the ass.
I opened my eyes, as I saw that the man had a bit of a hopeless look on his face, and he was now paying me no attention. I shook my head, as I knew that there was nothing that I could do to help the poor guy. I looked at the big horde of the dead that were all around him as well.
I stared at it for quite some time, as for some reason it felt like something was just edging me on at the dead for some odd reason. I was not sure what it was, but it seemed like I had to find out about something that seemed to be important with it.
I then heard the dead that had not been too far away from me, begin to groan at me once again, and I spun around towards it, quite a bit scared, as I had forgotten that it had even been there in the first place. I then shook my head once again, as I tried to remember what it was that I had come here to do in the first place.
I turned my head back over to the big box, that was right up against the wall of the community house. I stared it down for a few moments, as I then remembered what it was that I had been planning on doing. I then nodded to myself, as I then looked around me one more time.
Luckily, though I had wasted quite a bit of time, none of the dead that were around the area had seemed to notice me. They were all focused on the big horde of the dead, that were all around the mans house, as they were all flocking towards it, all at once.
I knew that the mans house would not hold on for too much longer, with all of the weight from the massive horde of the dead that was on it. If I were to save the life of the man, than it would have to be soon. I shook my head, as I then quickly began to head over to the generator at the same time as well.
I knew that I could not be wasting any more time, as I was quite sure that Andrew and Jordan were just about done inside, rounding up all of the people in for the meeting. As I got up to the generator, I did my best to relax myself at the sane time too.
I knew that I could not lie to myself, and I knew that the whole point of the meeting, was make sure that we could save the community, and make sure that we did not die, in the plan that I had to try to save us. I then opened the hatch to the generator, as I stared at it for a few moments.
My thoughts were still focused on the fact that I was in fact calling a meeting. I then began to shiver, as I felt a bit sick once again, as I thought about the fact that I was calling a meeting in the first place. I knew what had happened the laat time that I had called one.
I had to stop blaming myself, and putting myself down for it. Though I knew that it was in fact my own fault, I knew that if I kept thinking this way, than the community really would fall. As much as I knew Angela would be against me saying this, especially after what I had done, this community needed me as a leader.
I did not know that things were going to go that way... If I had not made the deal, than we all would be as good as dead right now. I shook my head, as I then put my focus on to what it was that I was doing right now. I looked at the switches for just a few moments.
I stared at it for quite some time, as I had no clue how to handle this sort of equipment. I thought about closing it, and just going back inside, and asking someone for help, that might know how to handle these sorts of things, until I remembered something, that someone had told me about this.

I stared at the man, as I sighed just a bit. I did not really see the point in doing all of this. The community was safe, and even if the power did in fact somehow go out, we could not fit 2000 people in this building, nor could we get the entire marketplace full of food in here as well.
The man had told me that I needed to have it done, and I had a free day, so I figured I might as well let him do so. I was not sure what else it was that I should do with my day off. I knew that I should not call some pointless meeting to check on people.
There was nothing for me to really do here today, besides to check in, and to check out people that went in and out of the community. I shook my head, as I then focused on the man that was in front of me at the same time as well.
I was a bit annoyed at him at the same time too, as to the fact that he was very good looking, and he still had not got the jest that I was coming at him. Maybe he did see that I was doing so, but he was just a little bit too loyal to his wife.
I shook my head, at the same time as well. I still did not understand how people could still get into a relationship in the current state that the world was in right now. At any point, something could go wrong, and they could get torn apart right in front of your eyes.
I blinked a few times, as I took my mind off of those thoughts, as I realized that the man was looking me right in my eyes. I also realized that he had been speaking to me at the same time as well, but I had not heard a single word that he had said.
The man then squinted his eyes at me at the same time as well. I shook my head, as I then took my full focus on what it was that the man had been saying to me, as I nodded for him to keep on speaking. He nodded back, and then he began to talk.
"Alright Shannon, I've got all of the switches written, and taped down... It shows each and every room that has a back up generator set up to it... You should be all good now." He said to me. I looked at him for just a few moments, as I then smiled at him, and then I nodded to him.
He looked at me for just a few moments, as he then rolled his eyes at me at the same time as well. I instantly realized why he had done so too, as I noticed that the grin that I had, had made it seem as though I was going after him.
I kind of was, as I still had that in my head for some odd reason. The man then closed the hatch that was on the door, and then he shook his head. He then began to walk past me, back over to the community house. I spoke to the man quickly, just before he walked through the door.
"Oh and Tanner... Thanks!"