Chapter 34: You're Tired (Bens POV)

I looked at Shannon for just a few moments, as I was not so sure if that was a good idea or not. It seemed like every one else was agreeing with her, but I felt like they were only thinking for them selves how ever. There were a lot of hungry, and more than likely dehydrated people right now, and we were not too certain that we had in fact killed all of the dead.
The dead did not know how to open door handles, and I was sure that a lot of them were in houses. I shivered a little bit at the same time as well, going back to the thought that people were going to be hungry and thirsty right now, and I was not so sure if it was all that safe for them to go out.
I blinked a few times, as my thoughts went on my brother Liam at the same time as well, as I remembered that he was inside of the house, and I felt like he could come out to look for me. At the same time too how ever, I also thought that I could just be over thinking all of that, as I remembered that he had stayed in Lilly's closet when there had been gun shots.
I let out a bit of a loud sigh at the same time too, as I was sure that he was going to be fine with Chester. I knew that he felt a whole lot of guilt for leaving his sister behind, and not going back to look for her, but at the same time too, I also knew that he would not make those same mistakes again.
I could tell that Chester had changed a lot over the past couple of years, ever since I had left him and Jordans group of friends. I wondered if the group of friends might have fallen apart since I had left. It always seemed that I was the one that they all made fun of, to perhaps ease each others conscious.
I shook my head, at the same time as well, as I knew that them falling apart had nothing to do with me at all, as I knew that they more than likely fell apart ever since they got their jobs, and they hardly ever had time to spend with one another any more.
I blinked a few times at the same time as well, as I saw that every one around us was beginning to walk away, as if they were fine with what it was that Shannon had just said. I squinted my eyes at them, as I felt like they were going crazy, as I knew that a lot of these people had family at home... At least... That was the hope still, as I felt a little bit sick thinking on what it was that they could have done to the kids in the day care, as I still remembered what it was that Tony had told me that they did to them.
Even though I did not trust Tony at all, I felt like I could at least trust him on that at the very least, as that did not seem like some thing that he had made up. I felt quite a bit sick, as I did not lower my head to the ground, but I rather kept my head held up high, as I felt like I needed to tell them all some thing, or at least remind them that they did in fact have family.
I saw Kim for one, as I knew that she had family back home that was still out there alive. I blinked a few times at the same time too, as I saw her walking over to the community house, as she did not seem to be worried about that one bit at the current moment in time either. I felt like I was going crazy, or if I was perhaps missing out on some thing that Shannon had just said to all of us.
Surely Kim did not trust Sasha all that much, not due to the fact that she might think Sasha would do some thing to her kids, but more the fact that Sasha would be able to protect them, if some thing bad were to happen to all of them. I shook all of those thoughts out of my head at the same time as well how ever.
I looked at all of the people that were around me one last time real quick, as I looked at them as if they were idiots as well, as it seemed like they were not thinking on what it was that they were doing. I shook my head, as though I was a bit afraid to do so, I did in fact speak up to all of these people.
"Are you guys not worried about family that you might have at home? You are all just walking right over to the community house, as if you have forgotten all about them." I said to all of them, keeping my eyes squinted on them at the exact same time too, to let them know that this was not some thing to simply forget, or to push off as if it might be some sort of joke.
I saw a lot of those same people that I had just been talking to, mainly pointing my eyes on Kim at the same time too, to remind her that she did in fact have kids back at home. Kim did not seem to be bothered by it at all to my surprise how ever, as I dipped my head a little bit low at the same time as well.
Was it just me being an idiot and missing some thing, or did these people just actually not care for their family at all? I looked over at Christian at the exact same time as well, as if I would think that he might back me up on all of this, but I saw that he had a bit of a blank look on his face.
I shook my head, as I knew why in fact, as to the reason that he would have 0 emotion on what it was that I had said, as it had been maybe a month or 2 ago when I had to kill his son and his wife. I felt sick using the word kill in the situation, as I knew that they were of the dead, and they were no longer humans.
I also knew at the same time as well, that they had the exact same face, and that did not make things feel any better at all either. I looked away from him at the same time too, as I shook off those thoughts, even though they were only helping me prove my point in the first place, as I was fairly certain people would not want that to happen to their kids, or their wives or husbands.
I then focused my eyes back on a lot of the people, as I saw that many of them had quite did, or blank looks on their faces. I felt like I should just give up at the same time as well, until I heard the voice or a woman, which happened to be no other than Shannon, another person that already had no family of course.
I let out quite the annoyed sigh, which I was sure that she had heard at the same time as well, though she had just seemed to ignore it, as she began to speak back on what it was that I had just said to all of them. I rolled my eyes at the same time too, as I then began to listen as to what it was that she had to say back as well.
"Look... If many of you want to go and check on your family... Than that is fine, you can go ahead and do so... I think they will be fine as long as you closed your doors at least." She said to all of them, as she rolled her eyes at the same time too. I suppose she had a bit of a fair point, as all the kids knew not to go out at dark, even before the community had gotten to the point that it was in right now. I shook my head, as I let out quite the sigh once again, as I heard Shannon continue to speak, after the few moments of silence, as I listened to what it was that she had to say. "Plus, I am not sure if it is safe for you to go out at dark right now... We still don't know if the walls will hold, or if we killed every single one of the dead that was out either."
I blinked my eyes just a bit, as I had to admit that she had a bit of a fair point at the same time too. I dipped my head to the ground at the same time as well, as I let out a bit of a sigh. If I was going to be honest with my self, I only really had said that, just to find an excuse to go back home, and make sure that Liam was okay.
I sighed a little bit, as I kept my head to the ground for the longest amount of time, as I heard the footsteps of many of the others, as I saw that a lot of them were headed back to what it was that they had been doing before now, but a lot of them seemed to be quite a bit tired as well, which I really did not blame them for, as I knew that we all had quite a rough patch over the last few days.
I was sure that a lot of them had not got all that much sleep at all, and to be frank too, I felt like I had not got the best of sleep either. I shook my head, as I did not blame them all that much for just wanting to go inside and sleep a little bit. I blinked just a few times, as I then watched them continue on with what it was that they were doing.
That was, until one person in specific began to speak to all of the people that had been around the circle, once again. I saw the annoyed looks from a lot of people, as I could tell that many of them did not seem to care about what it was that the man had to say, as they just wanted to go inside and sleep.
I blinked a few times, as I was just the opposite of them, as I saw that the man that had spoken up, happened to be Donald, the man that Kim had been with when they had saved me and Sasha from our inevitable deaths. I looked at him for a few moments, as I nodded to him at the same time too, as it did not seem that he noticed me, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say any ways.
"Some of us do not have family any more... I have not a clue as to what it was that they had done to our kids... They are just gone now." He said to all of us, as I saw a lot of people nod at the same time, as many of them agreed with him, as they were no long upset with him speaking up clearly, now that they realized that it was important.
I blinked a few times, as I tilted my head just a bit at the same time as well, as I was a bit confused as to why he had said that in the first place, as I had thought that they already knew the answer to that question. I then saw from the corner of my eye how ever, that there was some one staring at me.
I turned my head, and my eyes a little bit over to that person, as I saw that it was in fact Shannon that had shook her head at me. I was a little bit lost, and confused with all that was going on at the current moment, until it hit me a bit as to what it was that Donald had said just now to every one.
Shannon was telling me not to tell them what had happened to the kids, and I knew it. She knew just as well as I did clearly, as to what it was that had happened to them. I was starting to think that she might have not told me and Christian the full story as to what it was that had happened that day that she had lost the lives of all of the people that were in her council.
She was not there when Tony had told me and Christian what it was that his community did to the kids, so the only way that she might have known what it was that they were going to do with the kids, was if the leader had told her, him self. I suppose I did not know how sick that man was, so it was possible as to him telling her that.
I shook my head at the same time as well, as I blinked my eyes at the same time too, as I saw Shannon then nod all the way back to Donald, as I saw that Donald had his eyes back on her, as it was clear that he was looking for some kind of answers from her at the exact same time as well.
I blinked just a few times, as I looked over to Christian, to see it he noticed at all what was going on in the first place. It was clear that he was not paying all that much attention at all how ever, as I saw that he had his eyes closed, and he had his head tilted low to the ground at the same time too.
I could tell that he was very tired, as I had to figure that he had not got the best of sleep over the last couple of days either. I let out a bit of a sigh, as I knew that Christian was not the one that I needed to be looking to at the current moment in time, for any sort of answers.
I shook my head, as I looked away from him at the same time too, as I heard the voice of Shannon finally begin to speak up at the same time as well. I turned my eyes, and my focus on her, as I blinked a few times too, and I then began to listen as to what it was that she had to say back to Donald.
"Yes... You are not the only one... I do not know what else to say... But we sure as hell have wasted a lot of time... We need to finish off these dead, and then lets just sleep all of this off..." She said to him, and then more importantly to a lot of other people. She then blinked at the same time too as well, as it seemed like she might have forgot some thing, as she then nodded to her self, as she begun to talk again, after just a few more moments once again. "And if any one does in fact want to go home... You can tell the people on the towers that they can go off for the night..."
I looked at her for a few moments, as I was the one to blink my eyes at her just a few times as well. I was not so sure if that was a good idea or not. The walls were weak right now, and we had just made a lot of gun shots maybe just an hour ago. I thought about saying some thing, but I shook my head as I shook off those thoughts at the same time too.
I was too tired to argue any longer, and I was sure that if the walls had made it through all of that, than I was sure that they would be fine with a couple of dead trying to pound on the walls. I let out quite the sigh, as I dipped my head a bit low to the ground at the same time as well.
I was very tired right now, and I felt like it was now time for me to just pass out, and go to sleep. I let quite the loud sigh, as I was sure that I was just over thinking all of this, and I was worrying too much. I blinked just a few times, as I let the few moments of silence pass, until all of the sudden, I heard one very loud gun shot pop from close by.
I lifted my head up, as I saw that there was a lot of confused looks on the faces of many people, as they were no longer annoyed by the fact that they were interrupted from doing their tasks now, so much as to why there had just been a very loud gun shot just now.
I looked at many of the people for a few seconds, hoping to find some sort of answer from them. I blinked a few times as well, as I saw that many of the eyes on their faces seemed to be focused on one thing in particular. I turned my head, and my eyes over to see as to what it could be.
I blinked a few times, as I saw that it was Christian, and he seemed to be paying full attention on what it was that was going on now, finally. I saw that he had his pistol pulled out how ever, as it was clear that he had shot at some thing on purpose as well. I stared at the gun for a few moments, as I then realized at the same time too, that it had been pointed right at Shannon.
I turned my head and my eyes right over to Shannon at the same time too, as I was worried that he might have shot her for some odd reason or another. I looked at her for a few moments, as I saw that she had in fact flinched, meaning the bullet had flied near her, but thankfully at the very least, he had not shot her.
I then saw what it was that Christian had shot at, as it so happened to not be Shannon at all, which made since too, as he was typically a good shot, and if he had aimed at her, than he would have hit her right in the head. I shook my head, as I looked over to what it was that he had in fact shot at in the first place.
I stared at it for a few seconds, as I then saw it plop its body down to the ground at the same time too. It was one of the dead that he had shot at, as it was clear that it had been going right over towards Shannon, and it had been no less than 5 feet away, until Christian had shot it down.
It was crazy to me, as I knew that Christian had his head to the ground, and his eyes closed at the same time as well, as normally that would have made it clear that he had been paying no sort of attention as to what it was that was even going on around him in the first place.
Christian never seized to amaze me how ever, as I knew that a lot of times, though it seemed like he was paying no sort of attention at all, he in fact always seemed to be how ever. I also knew that he had told me that he could tell the difference between the foot steps of a human, and the foot steps of one of the dead.
I was still a bit shocked by it how ever, as it was not some thing to act like, and pretend was normal, and easy for any person to do at all. It was amazing how he could always tell when some thing such as that was about to happen. I blinked a few times as well, as I saw that there were many others that were just as shocked as I was.
Christian shook his head, as I saw that he had quite the smile on his face at the same time as well, which was quite the surprise to me, as he was hardly one to ever smile, much less smile at some thing such as that. He blinked just a few times too, as he then nodded to Shannon, and he began to speak to her as well, as I too listened as to what it was that he had to say to her.
"You are welcome Shannon..." He said, keeping that same smile on his face as well. I could tell that it surprised Shannon just as much as it surprised me. I knew that Shannon knew Christian quite a bit well, such as I, or at least I thought I knew him well, as he did seem to be quite a strange man. I shook my head how ever, as I heard Christian continue to speak, but to every one around us this time, as I listened to hear what it was that he even had to say in the first place. "Every one do what it was that Shannon has said... We don't know if it is 100% safe or not."
I looked at Christian, as I was still quite a bit shocked as to the fact that he had even been paying attention in the first place, but I nodded to him in the end, as he had a fair point on the fact that he had repeated what it was that Shannon had told all of us to do. I blinked a few times, and then I nodded to him, letting him know that I agreed with what it was that he had to say.
He was not paying any sort of attention at all to me how ever, but it still eased my conscious a little bit, to at least know that I agreed with the both of them, on what it was that they had said in the first place. I turned my head to every one else at the same time as well, as I saw many of them nod at him at the same time too, as if they felt a lot more safe with him saying that, rather than Shannon, the leader saying that, and that said a lot, and it proved a bit of a faur point that my sister had said to me at the same time as well.
She had told me that a lot of people did not agree, nor did believe in a lot of things that Shannon had said. It was a fair point that she had made, as I was in fact starting to notice that. I blinked a few times at the same time as well how ever, as I figured that I should not have my thoughts on my sister at the current moment.
I felt like my sister still could have perhaps betrayed us, just based on the fact that she had let those people in, that were spying on us, and spying on the group in the mountains as well. I shook my head, as I knew that Shannon had told me that she had only said that due to the fact that she was angry, and she was just trying to find some one to blame.
I still could not completely say that my sister would not have done so, just do to the fact that she had always told us that she knew that Tony was still alive, and he had in fact still been alive, as we had come to find out just a few days before now. I let out quite a loud sigh at the same time too, as I knew that those were thoughts that I could think about some other day.
I stood there for a little while longer, until I then felt some one grab on to my shoulder. I lifted my head up at the exact same time as well, to see who it was that had done so. I blinked a few times, as to no surprise at all, I saw that it had just been Christian, and that seemed to ease my conscious a little bit.
I knew that the fact that I had told my self that I could not trust him earlier, had only been due to the fact that I had been so worried on the fact that I was not sure if I could trust any one at all any longer. I blinked a few times as well, as I knew that I could at least always trust my brother Liam, as it seemed like he was the most clean soul that I had ever met.
I did my best not too dip my head to the ground at the same time too either, as I knew that I had also noticed that he had not been the same either, after the fact that he had to kill Lilly... Or Lilly when she was one of the dead, which I always had to remind my self as to that fact when I thought on things such as that.
I lifted my head up a little bit higher this time how ever, to at least look some sort of strong, even if I did not feel strong at all at a time such as this. Christian squinted his eyes at me at the same time as well how ever, as I could tell that he was not buying any of that at all.
Christian rolled his eyes at me, as he finally took his hand off of my shoulder at the same time as well. He then let out a very loud sigh at the same time too, as he finally began to speak to me, rather than every one else, as his tone of voice was not nearly as loud as it had been earlier, as I listened as to what it was that he had to say to me at the same time as well.
"Come Inside with me Ben... I can tell that you're tired..."