Chapter 1: Let's be friends

"I woke up too early.." a ten-year old y/n complained to herself. She's been living by herself since as long as she can remember. No parents, no relatives, the neighbours are boring, and of course she had no friends. Totally healthy for a young girl.

Getting ready for school was boring to her as well. Get up, change into uniform, brush teeth, fix (h/c) locks she calls her hair, make bed, skip breakfast because she needs to conserve food, and head off for school. Man how much she hated school.

To her it was full of wannabes and fake smiles. It was sickening to say the least. Y/N didn't have friends because she chose to. It was easier that way. There was no ten-year old drama she had to put herself through.

The short girl was walking to school after locking her house. Since it was early and she had some cash on her, she swerved into a liquor store and bought a light snack to satisfy her rumbling tummy. Once she was out of the store she witnessed something normal but also something she hated.

Bullying

A girl on the ground while two boys laughed in her face. The (h/c)ette didn't hesitate to step in to protect the girl on the floor with her arms spread out. The glare she shot at the two boys could only be described as deadly.

"OUT OF THE WAY" one of the two boys shouted. Some spit almost hit y/n's face. 'Gross' y/n grimaced in her mind. However she did not falter and stayed in place to ask, "is there a reason why she's on the floor almost in tears? Well?" The males simply scoffed and tried to push her out of the way to continue their ridiculous idea of fun. Key word: tried.

The taller one of the boys reached out to the girl that still had her arms spread out to push her off balance. This only gave y/n an opening. She pivoted on one foot and round housed the dude on his side resulting him to fall on the floor clutching where the girl landed her blow.

The skinny girl on the floor could only watch in awe, while the other female body slammed the other boy right next to his companion. Both boys scrunched their bodies in fetal positions to ease the pain they have just felt.

"Are you hurt? Can you stand?"

"Uhm no I'm not hurt. You came before they could actually do anything. Thanks."

"O-oh you don't have to thank me. I should thank you for making my morning more interesting"

"Interesting?" The girl now getting up with the help of her saviour deadpanned.

"What school do you go to? I can walk you there."

"I go to xxxx elementary"

"What grade?"

"Fifth"

"Class?"

"Class 5-b"

"Really I've never seen you there"

"Are you in the same class as me?"

"Yeah, I guess we kept missing each other or something. By the way my name is y/n l/n. What's yours?"

"Kiyo Suzuki"

"Well Kiyo Suzuki I'm going to tell you straight up. I'm a loner and have no friends and no offence but I'm guessing your the same way"

" Ouch. And yeah I'm a loner too..."

Kiyo suddenly felt dizzy and warm. 'Again?' Kiyo thought to herself.

"Hey are you okay? You seem pale and OH MY GOD"

Kiyo was falling almost hitting her head on the sidewalk. Before that can happen Y/n catches her and carries her bridal style. 'She's really light and it looks like she has a fever. What a wonderful morning' y/n thought sarcastically.

Y/n turns her head to the two boys still on the floor crying their eyes out. "If you ever come near her again or anyone else to pick on them I promise I'll do more than that." With that the ten-year old marched off to her house, still having the sick girl in her arms.

----

Kiyo wakes up in an unfamiliar room. It was hella plain in her opinion. Y/n walks in with some alphabet soup and water.

"That's good. Your awake" the (h/c)ette smiles gracefully at the girl on the bed.

"Is this your room"

"Nah it's one of the guest rooms. Mine is down the hall"

"Did I hit my head or something"

"No I caught you before that can happen. Anyways do you feel better now?"

"Mhm just a little warm"

"Here eat up" y/n places the bowl of soup on her lap.

"Thanks. By the way how did you... you know kick their ass?"

"Well YouTube is one hell of a teacher" y/n smirks

Y/n made sure to learn self defence in case of an emergency. She needed to be strong since she was practically forced to be independent.

Both girls laugh, enjoying each other's company.

They missed school that day but at that point they didn't care.

"Uhm" y/n fiddles with her fingers on her lap "the thing I wanted to ask before you passed out was that um.. well... let's be friends"

Y/n might have seen everyone at her school insufferable but she was indeed lonely. When she met this girl every second was interesting and unpredictable. She liked it that way.

"REALLY I CAN BE YOUR FRIEND?!"

"If that's okay" y/n says shyly

"Of course!"

Both girls giggle and hug as if they've known each other their whole lives.

----

"Gojo please stop poking me before I punch you" an annoyed ten-year old Megumi states

"You're no fun"

"Then leave me alone"

"Tch you seriously need friends"

"If their like you then I pass"

"You can't be a loner forever"

"I have Tsumiki"

Gojo deadpanned having no other comeback

----------
A/N: y'all thought the friend was gonna be Megumi huh? Lmao
Anyways thanks for reading the first chapter :)