Chapter 36: That brat!

"So those guys haven't went back to Jujutsu High yet? Well that's lucky. Now there'll be more than just total idiots going for the bounty." Toji says over the phone, enjoying the ramen he just bought.

"You sure about this?"

"Why do you ask?"

"The 30 million yen paid to you was a service fee from the time vessel association. If the star vessel dies, the money's gone. You might end up with nothing." The man in the suit says in the other line. "Why even hire you? We could've offered the money as a bounty from the start."

"They have Satoru Gojo on their side. He's the first in a hundred years to have both the six eyes and limitless technique. As long as he's with her we won't be able to take out the star plasma vessel." Toji explains.

"Even you?"

"Hm. That's a good question. Well first off, we'll be using those idiots for the remaining 39 hours of our mission to wear down Gojo and the sorcerers with him. And since they won't be able to kill the vessel, it'll be free labor."

"The time limit turned out in our favor. Gives us a better opportunity to gather curses."

"But that's not the only thing." Toji says, confusing the man on the other end of the line. "I'll be heading over there soon myself. Looks like things are moving faster than expected. Better have that 30 million ready."

"What's wrong with you? I'm not some bulletin board for help-wanted posters. There's a listing fee, a handling fee and-"

"Sorry you're breaking up." Toji says before hanging up and tossing his phone aside.

————

Gojo, Geto, and Kuroi make their way through halls in the school to find the young star plasma vessel, for she was now in danger.

"Where's Amanai?" Gojo asks Riko's caretaker.

"It's time for her music class so either the music room or the chapel." Kuroi responds, matching Gojo's and Geto's speed.

"Chapel?!"

"It depends on the teacher. This is a missionary school."

"Satoru, you take the chapel. Kuroi, the music room. I'll take on the intruders." Geto says.

"Understood." Kuroi says.

They all split up, Geto heading one way while the other two head the other end of the hall.

"That's why I told her we need to stay close. That brat! What is it with kids today?!" Gojo complains, remembering you bumping into him and Riko's pleas not to follow her.

"I'm sorry, I even told her to keep us updated with texts but..." Kuroi sighs.

————

You carried the duffel bag full of money, along with the grocery bag, back home so you can get your pay from your neighbor. You ultimately decided to skip school today, already being late because of the boat race.

One day off wasn't going to make much of a difference. You had pretty good grades and had a good attendance record so, a day off wouldn't bother teachers much.

You reached the neighbor's doorstep and rang the door bell.

You heard a couple of rustling and footsteps coming towards the door. It opened, revealing the man that asked you to get them their groceries.

"Ah! Y/n! Thank you so much, I was just getting hungry too." Your neighbor says taking the bag in his hand.

"It was no problem, I had a lot of fun in the city." You say.

"Don't you have to get to school?" He asks skeptically.

"I'm already done. I'm homeschooled and my parents need the extra money." You lie with a straight face, not revealing your true story.

To your surprise he buys it and reaches into his pocket. He hands you your money and waves you off.

You step into your house and set the dufflebag down.

"What am I supposed to do now?" You ask scratching your head.

————

After separating from Kuroi and Gojo, Geto ran through the school, trying to find the intruders.

'Could these intruders be the remnants of Q? If it's hired muscle of the time vessel association, this could be trouble.' He thought before turning a corner.

He comes across an old man with two curses surrounding him. They weren't attacking him, more like helping him.

"Well well, that uniform." The old man says, in a battle ready stance.

'He assumed they're multiple opponents from my uniform and covered his front and back with shikigami. This geezer knows what he's doing.' Geto says in his mind, summoning two curses of his own.

"Curse manipulation!" Geto's opponent guesses.

"Correct. You're as wise as your age suggests." Geto says, having his guard up.

"Old age isn't what it's cracked up to be. It costs a lot of money to live this long you know." The geezer says. He analyzes Geto's movements to its last detail. He deduced that the sorcerer must not be comfortable with close quarter combat, making him think he has an upper hand.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind. Don't waste your time." Geto says, snapping the old man out of his thoughts. He summons a large worm looking curse.

"What?!" Geto's opponent yelps. 'His attack fills the entire hallway! The first two curses were decoys!'

From Geto's point of view he could only see the backside of his curse since it did take up the whole hallway.

"Well then, one down. One to go." Geto says, guessing he already ended the battle. The window's glass next to him then abruptly shatters, revealing his unscathed opposer with a hunter's knife.

"Your mine!" The old man yells.

His mind must've gotten the best of him in that moment.

An imaginary dog covers his vision with its tongue sticking out. Giving the man a serotonin boost.

He walks down memory lane where the dog was his only friend in his younger days. He reminisces all the times together until he realizes the his dog died over 50 years ago.

"Ah I see." He mutters, bringing him back to reality.

Geto then proceeds to wreck his shit. Readjusting his jaw, causing blood to spew from the old man's injuries. Teeth flying out as well.

"This was all a ruse wasn't it?"

"Yeah. You were itching to get in close, it's easy to manipulate people in a fight when they only have one way of winning." Geto says. "Anyway, are you with Q or the time vessel association?"

————

It was now still noon so with nothing to do, you head for the city once again.

"Maybe I'll buy something sweet." You say taking out a few bucks from the duffle bag. "Maybe a small cake would do."

After stuffing the money in your small pocket you head out the door. For your fate will be sealed unbeknownst to you.

————————————
A/n
I like totally forgot to update yesterday😐 I'm sorry y'all.

Anyways, THANK YOU FOR 2K VOTES!!! I LOVE EVERY SINGLE INE OF YOU😘😘

Thank you for reading and see you next chapter 💫