Chapter 73: Everything you are

"Why'd we need to change our clothes?" Yuji asks

The leaves rustle against the wind of the grove of large trees, shielding the group of young sorcerers from peering eyes.

"Hakari was suspended because he disputed with the higher ups. Now he's also violating the jujutsu school rules. If he knows we are affiliated with the school, he may decide to run away." Megumi explains, sliding off his uniform coat.

Yuji does the same, tossing the fabric to the ground along with Megumi's.

"What are we going to do when we get there?" You ask. You sit with your legs crossed, behind a tree to give the boys privacy. You had long since abandoned your uniform in Shibuya, opting for the dark clothing that covers you completely, including the gloves that cover your burn scars.

"Think of our relationship as cops and robbers." Megumi says before sliding a black hoodie over his head and onto his body.

"Hm?" Yuji hums with curiosity.

"And what do we do when we catch him. Not that I'm thinking it's going to be easy." You lean back against the tree, aware that Hakari could be troublesome to deal with.

A hand is offered to you, making you turn to Megumi who lifts you to your feet. "Leave that part to me."

The three of you guys walk towards the building the third year is supposedly hosting a gambling ring, shuffles of feet scraping the pavement with your guys steps

"Are we now in the jujutsu school position?" Yuji asks.

"It's sort of a grey area, but to Hakari's perspective we are his foes." Megumi answers honestly.

"Is he someone that's willing to cooperate?" Yuji questions with little hope in his voice.

"I'm not certain except one thing. He's definitely not a good person. A bunch of seniors told me he's an absolute jerk. But Okkotsu did say Hakari is stronger than him." The spiked headed boy answers. "I would like him to cooperate with us. If only for his fighting prowess."