Chapter 22: Please don't make me let go

~MEGUMI'S POV~

I felt Y/n's warm fingers stroke my hair like I was the most precious thing in the world, while I laid my head on her lap. The drowsiness eventually caught up with me, having me shut my eyelids with satisfaction lingering from the kiss me and Y/n had a couple moments ago.

I knew that one day I would tell her how I felt even if she didn't feel the same but I didn't expect it to be so soon. Much less her confessing first.

I don't think I've been this happy in a while. Thinking back to my middle school days, it only makes guilt seep through my conscience...

————

~FLASHBACK~

"Do you know the basic rule you have to follow in order to get along with strangers?" A young Megumi asks playing with his hair in a bored fashion.

"I don't.." a strained voice below Megumi states.

Urami East Middle: Second year: Fushiguro Megumi

"I will not kill you, so please don't kill me either." Megumi quotes sitting on top of a pile of middle school boys that he's single handedley took down.

"You can replace "kill" with whatever you want. You basically draw a line so that you're able to respect one another's dignity. Through this process both parties can make this rule a reality. However- he then starts walking off the throne of middle schoolers slowly making his way to the ground.- breaking it or being arrogant enough to not think the rule is necessary must've felt pleasant. I'll kill you if you do that in front of me again." He says placing his hands in his pockets.

"What did we ever do to you?" One of the hurt kids asked.

"Think for yourself or go die." Megumi says harshly, walking away in the process.

He walks through the halls minding his business while a group of boys contemplate confronting their bullies.

"Wait a minute. Aren't Ikezawa and his gang knocked out over there...?" One of them asks referring to the group Megumi just beat up.

"Megumi!" A female voice calls out

Urami East Middle: Third Year: Fushiguro Tsumiki

"I thought you said you wouldn't fight anymore." A beautiful girl with kind eyes, soft brown hair that is pulled into a tight ponytail allowing two strands, one on each side to frame her face and neck, giving her a mature vibe.

"Don't act like your my guardian." Megumi says

I hate bad people. They disgust me with their empty imagination and lack of sensitivity, acting like their superior for it. Megumi says narrating.

I can't stand good people. They make me nauseous when they forgive bad people and act as if forgiveness is such a dignifying thing to do.

Tsumiki is a typical good person.

"You gross me out." Megumi says walking away from his sister.

Losing her patience Tsumiki launches her strawberry milk carton straight to Megumi's head. Hitting it's target, the contents spill throughout Megumi's hair.