Chapter 62: I'm out

You can practically taste the tension between Yuki Tsukumo and Master Tengen, the women glaring with obvious distaste

You can practically taste the tension between Yuki Tsukumo and Master Tengen, the women glaring with obvious distaste. "Aren't you going to say hello to me Tengen?" She asks.

"This isn't the first time we met, Yuki Tsukumo." Tengen responds.

"Why did you close off the tombs of the star corridor?" She asks. A question the whole group wants to know.

"I was afraid you might be in alignment with Kenjaku. After all, I cannot see into the human heart." The immortal being answers easily.

"Kenjaku?" Yuki's brows crease.

"The sorcerer who was once Noritoshi Kamo and is now inhabiting the body of Suguru Geto." Tengen's voice becomes grim.

"That name suggests compassion and salvation. Gimme a break." Yuki rolls her eyes. You couldn't agree more with her annoyance.

"Master Tengen, why do you look like that?" Itadori asks with a curious tone.

You had the same question whirling in your mind, but you didn't have the same bravery as Itadori did when actually asking it out loud.

Tengen smiles at the boy with an expression that reminds you of a peaceful grandpa. "I'm immortal but not immune to aging. After 500 years, you'd look like this too."

"For real?" Itadori asked.

"Eleven years ago, after failing to merge with a star plasma vessel, my aging accelerated and my self awareness as an individual diminished. The very world became myself." Tengen explained further.

"And that's why your "voice" doesn't proliferate." Yuki finishes for him.

There was a short silence before Megumi raises his hand to catch Tengen's attention. "Excuse me, but..."

"We came to ask about Kenjaku's objectives and how to open the prism realm. Will you tell us what you know?" Yuta asks on behalf of the whole group.

"I wish I could simply say yes, but there's one condition." Tengen holds up one finger. "Yuta Okkotsu. Y/n. Yuki Tsukumo. And the death painting womb. Two of you must remain here to serve as my guards."

You stand straighter at his request, not missing the part that he didn't use either L/n or Gojo, just Y/n.

"Guards? Aren't you immortal?" Yuta asks.

"Are you worried about the seal?" Maki asks.

"No fair! You haven't even told us why or for how long we'd have to do it!" Yuki grumbles.