Chapter 13: I'm just curious

"Itadori."

Megumi walks up to Yuji with Y/n by his side. She keeps trying to rest her hand on her sword but then soon dropping it by her side being reminded that she doesn't have it, all she could do is scowl in annoyance.

"Are you alright?" Megumi asks Yuji

"Yeah I have a big role to fill, but it should be fine." Yuji responds.

"I don't think that's what he was asking Itadori." You say to enlighten him.

"Something happened right?" Megumi asks with a straight face.

"Ah? No nothing happened."

There was a second of quiet where Megumi just stared at Itadori causing him to break.

"Ok yeah something did. But I really do mean it when I say I'm fine. And because of that I don't want to lose."

Itadori's words put a smile on your face.

"Then it's fine. I kinda don't wanna lose either." Megumi says

"Isn't that a given?" You question with a obvious tone.

Megumi just scoffs and pulls your hand for you to hurry up to the rest of your peers.

'Are they dating?' Itadori asks himself.

"The hell you mean "kinda" you wanna die? We're going for a clean victory for Maki!" Nobara announces.

"Please stop that" Maki requests

"Mentaiko!" Inumaki says joining in.

"Yes for Maki's sake!" Panda says enthusiastically

"With that being said, let's win!" Itadori says leading the pack.

Maki then comes over to kick him out of the way."What're you taking front for?"

You crack your knuckles and stretch your muscles to avoid injury when Megumi starts talking to you.

"Make sure to stick by Me or Maki since you don't have a weapon though I doubt you'll need to rely on us much."

"Don't worry about me. I didn't always use my sword when I fight anyways. It was always easier and faster but it's not impossible to make do without."

"I can tell by the look in your eye that you're gonna go and do something reckless."

You smirk while you fix your tie. "It's not that I was gonna do something reckless more like I wanted to do something that I haven't done in a while."

"Whatever it is just be careful."

"I should be saying that to you."

He then grips your head with one hand and squeezes it.

"OW OW OK OK IM SORRY!"

He turns around to hide his slight smile before speakers throughout the forest blare out Gojo's voice.

"One minute left till the event starts! Now let us hear some encouraging words from our very own Utahime-sensei!"

"Huh?! Um er..." the said teachers voice comes through the mic hesitantly "uh.. it can't be helped if some of you get hurt.. but like help each other.. and.."

"TIMES UP!"

"Huh?! Wait Gojo!"

"And now, the sister school tournament.... STAAAAARRRTTT!!"

"I kinda feel bad for Utahime-sensei, she has to deal with him right now." You say while running

"Just focus on the plan" Megumi says to you