Chapter 46: That's all that matters

"This way please." Utahime instructs, the rain sprinkling onto her and your group. You all seek shelter in some sort of parking lot, as you shiver from the slight drizzle.

'Maybe I should request a new uniform... it is October so it's only gonna get colder.' you think as your cold trembling continued.

Currently you first years were accompanying Utahime in the mission Gojo has sent you all to do. Though the weather definitely wasn't having it.

"Gojo has informed you all about the mole, right?" She asks.

"Yes." You all reply in a dry tone, mostly Megumi.

"We think there're two or more people feeding intel to the curse users. One has to be at a high rank, even higher than the principals. Not like I can do anything about that." Utahime starts. "The other is feeding the higher up information... that's today's target. They're only under suspicion so after we apprehend them, we need to conduct an interrogation."

"The mole..." you start.

"...It's someone from the Kyoto school right?" Kugisaki finishes for you. Itadori looks over at the both of you with a surprised face.

"I mean it has to be... people from the Tokyo branch are all here." You deduce. "Yea I agree." Kugisaki nods.

"Wow Kugisaki, Y/n..." Itadori says.

Utahime furrows her brows slightly, the tense knots in her stomach tightening from her thoughts. "The mole is... Mechamaru" she admits.

You all tense up at the name, the sound of thunder from outside the vicinity setting the mood. It's definitely concerning that someone who participated in the exchange event only a couple of months ago was also the person that betrayed the schools.

"You know where he is now?" You ask. Utahime's eyes point into yours before she nods her head once. "Yes. That's where we will be going next."

"I guess we should hurry then." Megumi suggests from next to you. The older woman hums at the request and asks the group to follow her. The sounds of everyone's shoes shuffle behind Utahime, the location nearing with each passing second.

You all then go down a flight of stairs to an old door that Utahime opens.

"The real Mechamaru, Kokichi Muta, is down here. He's only our suspect because of process of elimination, not that he showed any signs of betrayal." Utahime whispered. You all follow her in, matching her pace, also making sure you guys weren't making too much noise in case Mechamaru decided to flee as soon as he notices you guys.

"Puppet Manipulation, its range, thanks to his heavenly restriction, reaches the entire nation. Using unregistered puppets as moles to steal information would be easy."

"Really? But it'd draw a lot of attention, wouldn't it?" Itadori asks.

"Yeah, but I bet the puppets were those types that are undetectable, like a small insect." You chime in.

"Oh I guess that's possible." Itadori replies.

"It's right here." Utahime informs your group.

You pop the handle from your sword out of it's hilt, just enough so if you need it, the sword will glide out easier. You then notice the space around you and inside the room Itadori was about to bust open.

 You then notice the space around you and inside the room Itadori was about to bust open