Chapter 71: Cleaning up

"What are you doing?"

The meadow that Deidamia and Aster met seemed a lot more dull than she remembered. So many flowers seemed to be wilting under her blood stained feet.

Yet, the more peculiar part was the little girl patting a big patch of dirt down, a shovel next to her with mud all over her clothes.

The child wipes her chin with the back of her hand, looking at the woman up and down. "Cleaning up your mess it seems."

Deidamia forgot her appearance before walking over to this place. She wondered why the child didn't seem afraid of her.

"Cleaning up...?" Deidamia asks tiredly.

"Y'see I came by with my father and brother again for some new clothes like I said I was, but when we got here after your... whatever you did." Y/n said. "I found this pretty place to bury them."

Y/n didn't mention how quickly her father teleported them back home before she begged him to bring her back so she could do this.

He was weak against her whims, agreeing on the basis that they left her brother at home.

"You were the child that came by the shop a while back." Deidamia suddenly felt that same chill that she experienced when first meeting her.

"Good to know you didn't lose your head completely." The child said mockingly.

Deidamia's eyes grew sharp, not saying a word. She didn't seem older than seven but spoke as if she was an old sage.

"Your eyes look different from last time." Y/n stood, starting a new hole with her shovel.

"When you're full of hate, that's what happens, child." Deidamia replied dryly.

Y/n stopped suddenly. "No... that's not it, you look more like... you don't have any love left in you. I've seen it before."

"What is this toddler saying?" Deidamia murmured to herself.

"Have you ever heard of cursed energy?" Y/n asked, resuming her digging.

"Enlighten me, oh wise one." Deidamia couldn't be more sarcastic than she was at this moment.

"Never mind, figure it out yourself." Y/n was her father's daughter. She didn't want to agitate the woman who was oozing a tremendous amount of cursed energy without knowing, but she won't put up with disrespect.

Deidamia scoffed. "Pint-sized humans are so irritating."

"Yeah yeah, by the way... I buried the ones that were closest to the cave first, they're over there." Y/n pointed towards the Aster flowers.

Deidamia's spine snapped straight, her head flinging towards the direction Y/n pointed in.

She didn't even question how she knew that they were the only ones Deidamia didn't kill. She just followed the way to a more carefully kept grave.