Chapter 11: The supposed deceased

~ONE MONTH LATER~

Yourself and Megumi were in your dorm chilling out, you were cleaning your katana while sitting on your bed when you suddenly got a call from the one and only,

"Wassup Gojo-sensei?"

"Just checking in on you. I've heard you took the liberty of meeting everyone, I hope you've gotten some training in."

"Mhm though I met everyone two months ago... you're kind of late."

"Sorry just some work stuff kept me busy, you know a dependable and strong guy like me is always busy"

He laughs manically through the phone

"Yeah... right, keep telling yourself that"

Meanwhile, Megumi sits at your desk silently overhearing the conversation playing with your space rocks and small pebbles you had on your desk. He took note to find you some interesting looking rocks to give you when he comes across them.

You end the call and slouch your back against the headboard of your bed. Sighing deeply. You didn't notice how long it's been since you've heard your dad's voice, it made you want to visit him.

"Hey Megumi?"

"Hm?" He turns to face you with his usual stoic face

"Do you know where Gojo-sensei has been?"

"A business trip oversees apparently"

"Heeeh? Is he gonna be here for the event in a couple hours?"

"Yea he should be, he'll probably just warp here"

"His power is so annoying, I can only travel short distances while he gets to travel anywhere he wants, it's a daily reminder that I need to get stronger" you say pouting.

"I'm sure you can do it, you probably didn't start off as a special rank curse user so I don't see why you couldn't be able to aim higher."

"I could say the same for you Megumi."

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell you have trouble giving it your all when you spar with me."

Megumi stops playing with your rocks and walks over to you and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Do you think I don't try my best?" He asks with his eyebrows furrowed in slight irritation

"Yes and no"

"Stop talking in riddles"

"Haha ok, you do try your best according to your opponent but limit your own capabilities in the process."

"That doesn't make sense y/n."

"I can't spell it out for you if you want to grow so figure it out yourself."

"You're really annoying when you do that."

"You're lucky I'm even giving you advice"

Megumi just grumbles under his breath and lays down, clearly exhausted with the conversation. He then turns to look at you quietly cleaning your sword with a slight smile on your face.

He then speaks up again to ask you a question.

"Now that I answered you, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot"

"What exactly are you looking for in a "rival"?" As he said the last word in air quotes, you finish cleaning your blue blade and set it aside to give him your attention.