Chapter 16: I don't regret it

"Stop it Itadori! That guy is too much for-" Megumi gets cut off by his own coughs resulting in blood to spill from his mouth.

"Panda" Toudou calls out to Tokyo's upperclassman who seems to have come out of no where.

"Gotcha" Panda responds knowing what Toudou wanted.

"Carry these three to the other side of the screen. Nishimiya informed us that the screen is only rejects Gojo Satoru but everyone else can slip through just fine." Toudou enlightens

"Wait even for you-" Megumi starts only to get interrupted by Itadori.

"Fushiguro. It's alright." Itadori reassures having Megumi be reminded of their first mission.

"So you've noticed. Nobody can stop a guy when he starts growing out of his shell. Which is happening to Itadori right now." Toudou says to Megumi.

Megumi takes a second to mull over his words before giving in. "I'm gonna kill you if you die again."

"Then I guess I won't die" Itadori concludes.

"Come on Y/n." Panda says to you, still standing in the river with Miwa's sword.

You don't show any signs that you heard him.

"Y/n?" Panda asks for your attention again.

Everyone turns around to witness the exchange. Both Megumi a Maki are on Panda's shoulders watching as well.

"Y/n?" Megumi now calls

Your hair covered your eyes while your head was facing the ground. Panda walks up to you and moves your hair from your face. You still don't move an inch.

"She's unconscious. Must've used too much cursed energy." Panda reports

"Huh?! Unconscious?!" Itadori says dumbfounded

"Yeah and she won't move!" Panda says trying to pick you up.

Megumi examines you and reaches his hand barely grazing your shoulder. As soon as you two make contact your body falls into Panda's arms.

"Seems like she can only relax when Fushiguro is with her huh?" Panda says snickering.

At this point Itadori and Toudou have already gone into the fray with the cursed spirit. Panda carries you bridal style and makes his way out the veil.

————

~TIMESKIP~

You wake up slowly opening your eyes to the sound of peaceful wind and a warm light of the sun caressing the room that you laid within.

You sit up easily and notice your in a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. You also notice your arms are all healed up along with the other scratches and bruises.

You look to your right and find your blue treasure of a sword leaning against the wall next to your bed. "Dad must've been here... and Shoko must've healed me"

You finally lift yourself off the bed and slide on the slippers that were left for you. You exist the room and make your way down the hallway.

The last room conjured the voices of your fellow first years. You don't hesitate to open the door carefully and slowly step in to find your three friends.

"Y/n!" Kugisaki jumps up in surprise. "We were so worried! Megumi already filled us in on what you did! Dummy!" Kugisaki scolds bonking your head after.

"I don't know I thought it sounded pretty cool!" Yuji compliments

"Don't encourage her." Megumi says to Itadori while you pull up a chair in between Megumi's bed and Itadori, being the closest to the spikey haired boy.