24. DARK PAST (1)

A/n: This took place when Sylvia was in her first year of university. Also, note that she learned basic self-defense and other fighting skills in the second year.

 Also, note that she learned basic self-defense and other fighting skills in the second year

Flashback

"Hey, how was the quiz? Did you pass?" Xavier asked as soon as I came out of the class.

My hand went over my heart in fright, "God, you scared me." I told, looking at him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you a scare." He said looking sheepish.

I smiled and started walking alongside him, "I think I did good in the quiz, I'll definitely pass." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Mm-hmm." He nodded his head absentmindedly staring in space.

I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he blinked before looking down at me.

"Where's your mind at?" I asked raising a brow.

"Nowhere." He mumbled looking straight ahead.

I followed the direction of his gaze to see him staring at Ross who was currently standing in a corner with Liam and Talia.

We had met on the very first day of the university and had spent every single second together ever since. Xavier liked Ross, who also liked him back but he was too arrogant to admit it first. It has almost been a year and none of the two had bothered to confess their feelings for one another. Liam and Talia were a couple, too, and a very adorable one might I add.

"So, when are you planning to confess your undying love to Ross?" I asked casually while looking around.

"WHAT?!" he whisper-yelled after he grabbed me by my arm to stop me.

"Come on, you don't really take us for a fool, do you?" I asked shaking my head.

"Was it that obvious?" he asked sighing dejectedly.

I chuckled and ruffled his hair, "Of course, it was!"

He huffed and shook his head, "I think I am gonna tell him tonight at the party."

"Really?" I asked in excitement.

He nodded his head shyly making me coo at him. He glared at me in return and I instantly shut up before turning to look ahead.

"Hey, Sylvia, how was your quiz?" Talia asked as soon as we came to stand beside them.

Went good. You coming over to get ready, right?" I asked raising a brow.

"Of course, I am. Is that even a question?" she replied in a 'duh' tone.

I chuckled and shook my head in amusement before saying, "Okay, let's leave then."