50. THE 'TALK'

A/N: MATURE CONTENT AHEAD

"Hey Sylvia, can I talk to you for a minute?" Selena asked.

I turned to look at her and nodded my head, "Of course." I said.

"Excuse me." I said to Zia Caterina and Cara before walking inside with Selena.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I asked placing a hand on Selena's arm.

We came to stand near the entrance of the garden and a smile formed on my face as I surveyed the spacious area filled with our family.

"Yes, I have been meaning to talk to you about this ever since we returned but of course the circumstances did not allow." She spoke softly.

"I'm listening." I reassured her with a smile.

"I just wanted to apologize and set things straight between us because it has been weighing down on my conscience. Look, I am going to be honest here. I did develop an infatuation towards Adrian but that's about it, it was nothing more than that and I can assure you that it was always you for him. He's my closest friend and what we have is completely platonic. It always have been. Even right now, we all can see the way he's looking at you," she paused and we both simultaneously looked to see him conversing with Alessandro and Braxton but his eyes were set on me.

I swallowed and gave him a soft smile before looking back at Selena who was eyeing me with a knowing smile, "He's got it bad for you. And I don't think there's anyone else who will look as perfect as you next to him. You're truly a Queen Sylvia. I am forever indebted to you, we all are. You have my respect because you have done what no other woman in this family has done so far." She finished and I immediately hugged her, taking her by surprise.

"You've got nothing to apologize for, Selena. I have never thought badly of you, you're perfect. Please, don't embarrass me by apologizing for absolutely nothing. And none of you are indebted to me, you're my family and la famiglia è tutto, giusto?" I said and pulled away.

(Family is everything, right?)

"I am proud of you." She whispered and I smiled.

"One more thing." She added and a hue of pink tinted her cheeks.

"When I was recovering, Alessandro you know he's a doctor too, he was looking after me and Cara. I-um-we grew close in those few weeks and um-we both are kind of seeing each other." She told and my grin widened.

"I knew it." I squealed in excitement.

She blushed even more making me laugh, "I am so happy to hear that. I hope he's the one for you."

"I know he's the one for me." She replied confidently.

"When's the wedding?" I teased making her laugh.

"The Don and the Donna first." She teased back and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and soon Cara and Leah joined in on our conversation as we sat down on the chairs and talked about Cara's upcoming wedding.