12. ONE LAST TIME

He appeared stunned at my sudden question and took a few seconds before replying, "She's always been there for me

He appeared stunned at my sudden question and took a few seconds before replying, "She's always been there for me."

My heart sank at his statement.

"Everytime I needed someone to talk to, she was the one to listen."

I swallowed and looked at the warm look in his eyes.

"The world I live in is cruel, ruthless, merciless and she's soft, innocent and kind."

A lump formed in my throat and I was thankful that he was staring at the window behind us and not me.

"Her scent is refreshing and addictive. And her green eyes, they're the most beautiful pair I've ever seen." he finished.

A crack formed in my heart as I stared at him. His muscles were relaxed as he talked about, probably, the love of his life.

A second later, I frowned and my eyes snapped to his, "Her eyes aren't green. They're brown."

His brows knitted and he instantly looked at me, "Brown, yeah. Freudian slip." he muttered.

Freudian slip. It is linked to your subconscious mind and often reveals secrets or unspoken thoughts.

"Stay the night with me." he...demanded.

"I-" I was about to deny but a strong wave of pain hit me making me hiss quietly.

Stupid cramps.

Adrian placed his hand on my stomach and ran his palm up and down my lower stomach.

"Tesoro, you're not going anywhere." he spoke sternly.

I looked at him and swallowed before nodding.

He gave me one of his black shirts and boxers which, by the way, were too loose so I tied the knot of the strings as tight as possible and after borrowing pads from Cara, I slipped under the covers.

He came out of the bathroom a few minutes later in only grey sweatpants hanging loosely around his waist. His tattooed arm was full on display to see.

I was lying on my back when the bed dipped and his tattooed arm was thrown over my stomach to pull me closer. I turned to him and looked up in his grey eyes that were already watching me.

"His name is Augustine. Augustine Aguillard. The son of French mafia head, Arthur Aguillard. We studied together in college but he left before the final year. He was...an acquaintance. I recognised him when he showed up at our place the other day." I confessed.

"Carino, why didn't you tell me this before?" he asked sitting up.

I inhaled a shaky breath as I followed his actions and sat up facing him.

"I wanted to, the other day but we got interrupted. I am sorry." I whispered quietly.

"It's alright. I'll just get to work in the morning then." he replied.