33. THE LAST FLIGHT

"Obrien, I believe you to do this task

"Obrien, I believe you to do this task. This is your one chance at proving your worth to me and you better not disappoint. You know what to do." Frank Aguillard spoke squeezing Obrien's left shoulder as he directed him to take us all back home.

I swallowed nervously as I stood in a corner, with my hands tied, waiting desperately to get a glimpse of Cara and Selena who were yet to make an appearance. It was currently three in the morning and apparently only Obrien along with a few men were to accompany us back.

This was all so strange.

He can't just return us all back for mere drugs and weaponry exchange. There had to be a catch.

As if on cue, Frank's gaze fell on and he fixed a nasty glare in my direction for a long while before finally turning back to his son.

I haven't seen Augustine after that day...he confessed his feelings for me. But the guards outside my room did do pretty good job of making sure that I got my daily dose of whips, kicks, and punctured holes in my body with a fuckin' knife. I don't even know if I would be standing upright if it was not for the two guards on my either sides clutching me tightly.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I heard multiple footsteps approaching the foyer and my head whipped in the direction to see Cara and Selena being dragged down the stairs. They seemed to be in a much better condition however they appeared extremely weak as if they have shed a couple of pounds in just a week. My heart clenched as I saw Cara's now more visible baby bump. God, they did not deserve this. Thankfully, there was no sign of bruises on their body from where I stood.

Feeling my eyes, they both looked up simultaneously, their cheeks stained with tears, and a gasp pushed past their lips.

Yeah, I was aware I looked horrible.

I was made to shower a few hours ago, after the guard hit me with a steel pipe in my stomach, and was given a white plain cotton dress that reached my knees and was two sizes too lose. You could see the visible damage on my arms, face, legs, and neck.

Cara tried to run in my direction but the guard holding her arm roughly pulled her back by her hair causing her to hiss. My jaw clenched as I glared at him but then Frank spoke up, "Let her go."

The guard, instantly, released her arm and she ran straight towards me before engulfing me in a hug and sobbing in my shoulder. There was a nasty bruise there, thanks to Augustine's cane, so I hissed in pain involuntarily which made her pull back with wide eyes.

She examined me thoroughly from head to toe and with each passing second her eyes grew angry and she finally looked up, gazing directly in my eyes, before speaking, "So it's true what they said."

I frowned as my lips parted in confusion, "What?" I croaked out.

"You took our share of beatings, as well. One of them did say, they were not allowed to touch us because someone else is already paying for it. I can't believe you did that." She clarified and I detected a little bit of hurt in her voice.