41. UNDERSTAND THIS

I laughed, a full-blown laugh, as soon as I heard him say those words to me, "What?" I asked after sobering up

"You heard me." He gritted out from the other end.

I detected a hint of anger in his voice.

"I did, and that's absurd. You sent 50 kilograms of cocaine so I can marry your daughter?" I chuckled darkly.

Everyone looked at me with their mouths agape and the line was silent for a while before he spoke again, "You're disrespecting me, you piece of shit. Listen-"

I cut him off, "No, you listen here and listen fuckin' good. I ain't marrying your daughter just because you sent me a measly amount of cocaine. You'll get it delivered back to you by tomorrow at dawn. And you wanna know why? Because I have a woman who I love and she's currently waiting for me upstairs."

"You have a woman?" he asked, sounding clearly shocked.

"I am not a fan of repeating things." I retorted coldly.

"I had no idea." He replied.

"Well, now you do. And you dare to cross me, just remember what we're capable of." I threatened and hung up.

"Fuckin' asshole." Javier spat.

I was fuming now. How dare that bastard think that I will marry his daughter?

"The nerve of that asshole." Dad chimed in.

"If there's nothing more to be discussed, I would take my leave now." I said standing up and buttoning my suit jacket.

"We'll leave, too." Javier announced.

"Ask Cara to come over when she feels okay." I said to him.

He nodded his head and everyone left after saying their goodbyes. I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water and then decided to check on Sia.

"Hey." I spoke leaning against the door as soon as I reached her room.

Zio Leo was standing near her bed while she was sitting with her back against the headboard. Her eyes snapped to mine and a look of relief washed over her, "Hey." She mumbled.

"I'll be on my way, now. Anything I need to know?" he inquired looking at me.

"Nothing important." I replied, deciding not to tell him about that Portuguese crap in front of her.

"Take care of her." He said before giving me a pat on the back and leaving.

"I will." I said over my shoulder and turned to face Sia.

"Hungry?" I asked.

She began to shake her head, "Can we eat later?" she asked.

"No, bambina. I have to follow your schedule." I denied her request.