2. APOLOGY GONE WRONG

I turned around abruptly and placed a small knife to their throat

It was a man and I had trouble seeing his face. I didn't hear what he said. I was too focused on the small knife in my hand which, I am glad, I brought from my room with me.

His reflexes were quick as he dodged the knife and instead held my wrist, spun me around and placed the knife to my throat. The loose knot of my robe fell open as his hand, unintentionally, pulled at my robe a little.

Heat radiated from his body as soon as our bodies collided. He placed a firm hand on my lower stomach, dangerously close to my private part.

My breathing picked up and I lifted my foot to hit him in the balls but he jumped open his legs. I took that as an opportunity and elbowed him in the gut making his hold on me loose. Twisting his wrist and spinning around, I pinned the knife back to his throat.

The moonlight reflected on his face and I gasped taking a step back. He chuckled as he raised his hands in the air to surrender.

Adrian.

"Impressive." he complimented with a small clapping of his hands.

My chest heaved up and down in nervousness and I licked my dry lips to moist them.

"What are you doing here?" I opened my mouth to ask.

He smirked and his eyes travelled down from my face, slowly, painfully slow and down till my slippers cladded feet. His adam apple bobbed and his eyes turned a darker shade of grey.

He looked back up at me and blinked confused before snapping his eyes down to my slippers again. Amusement danced on his features.

"Poop slippers?" he asked completely ignoring my question.

I hid one feet behind the other and tucked my hair behind my ear hoping he didn't see the crimson color now painting my cheeks.

"I wasn't throwing money at you. It was a gift for your graduation." he said extending the same black package towards me.

"Thank you but the party's over. You're three hours too late." I said and turned around to  face the city again.

Florence was beautiful, especially at night when you could see the all the city lights under the starry sky.

I tied my robe to cover my front and silently prayed for him to leave. I cannot stand his presence without my heart, mind, body and soul going haywire.

The hair on my neck stood in alert as I felt his presence extremely close to where I was leaning. My hands gripped the metal bars tightly hoping the cold metal would bring ease to my nerves but to no avail.

"I was attending an important meeting. It's a big project for us and could earn us millions in profit." he explained.

I scoffed silently but my heart tugged painfully in my chest. A few million bucks were definitely his priority over someone who was returning after twenty months.