5. THE ATTACK

I let the tears fall as soon as I sat inside my car

Why am I crying? I've been away for four years. Surely, a stupid crush doesn't last for that long.

I should be happy for him. Selena is an amazing girl. Someone more mature and beautiful than me and of course, someone his own age.

I started the car and drove towards my house. I reached there in ten minutes and got out.

I froze as soon as I saw the guards lying lifeless on the ground.

What the hell happened.

I took out my gun from my clutch and quietly walked inside. The door was left ajar and my heart rate picked up as I saw prints of dirty shoes on the floor.

My heels clicked against the floor and took me towards the living room which was the only source of light in the otherwise dark house.

"Sylvia Elise Mancini." a deep, emotionless, voice spoke making me freeze.

I looked at the couch to see two people sitting and smoking cigars.

"Who are you?" I dared to ask.

"My son told me that you're a strong one. I can see he's right." the same man spoke.

His accent was French mixed with British.

"Don't make me repeat." I spoke through clenched teeth.

My gun was aimed at him as I stood a good ten feet away from them.

They both stood up and my body went rigid.

I could clearly see their faces now and my stance wavered as I saw the tall, lean, green eyed guy staring at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked harshly.

I put the safety off my gun and aimed at the guy standing in front of me.

"Uh, uh, i wouldn't do that if I were you." the other man spoke.

My eyes found his and I saw the similarities. The same face cut, eyes and crooked nose.

"You're his father." I said to no one in particular.

"Ten points for the correct answer." he mocked.

My jaw clenched but he spoke again, "You see, your father took my brother away from me. He was innocent, just got caught in the crossfire. Your father showed no mercy. But I am a better man than him and so I am here to warn you, for now." he finished.

The next second, a gun shot rang and I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder.

I bit back a scream as I glared at the son who shot me.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I had you followed." his father smirked.

All the while, his son stood still and quiet. He was creeping me out even more now.