35. VULNERABLE FOR HER

"I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU TO FOLLOW THE PLAN! We were supposed to leave from there without using our weapons

"I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU TO FOLLOW THE PLAN! We were supposed to leave from there without using our weapons. How fuckin' hard was it for you both to understand?!" I roared in anger.

"Adrian, watch your tone." Dad warned in a low voice.

"If you had watched your actions, I wouldn't have to watch my tone now." I retorted.

"Ian!" mom scolded.

"What? He shot at her. He fuckin' shot at her." I spoke looking directly in her eye.

She gasped snapping her head in dad's direction who was staring at the ground appearing guilty.

"No disrespect but I don't care how much time you have spent in mafia and although you have more experience, even you know better than to pull a stunt like that without informing the one in charge beforehand." I told, still staring at him emotionlessly.

"I did not do it on purpose, what the fuck is wrong with you?!" he yelled.

"I never said you did it on purpose, but you tried to be over smart. You and Zio Asher both!" I yelled back.

He remained quiet after that causing me to exhale sharply and run a hand through my already tousled hair.

We rushed to home an hour ago after mom's call and found out that Frank's men were, indeed, here but since the Mexican capo sent help, there was thankfully no harm except that the women were pretty shaken up as it was quite unexpected.

Cara and Selena, after a thorough medical checkup, were resting upstairs in the rooms and Sia was at the infirmary with Zio Paul and Leo.

"I don't want you anywhere near her." I spoke calmly looking directly at him.

His eyebrows shot up as he stared back incredulously, "I FUCKIN' SAID I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE, DIDN'T I?"

"And I said I don't care, you heard me." I said with finality in tone.

"You're being absurd, Adrian." Zio Asher said while frowning at me.

I scowled and scoffed, "Sure as fuck wouldn't be saying that if something had happened to her, would you?"

His jaw clenched and his stare turned into a glare, "Yeah, thought so." I said nodding my head.

"Zio Paul said not to overwhelm her, she may be experiencing trauma. It's better if Adrian is with her all the time." Aless chimed in.

"I am her mother." Zia Victoria whispered in a broken voice.

"And she's not two, mother." Aless spat at her.

"Aless!" Zio Asher scolded.

"What? Don't fuckin' Aless me, don't fuckin' stand there and act all saint, and this is directed to each one of you present in this room." He started to speak in a menacingly low voice as he pointed a finger at each one of us, "You think you're so big? You've got all the experience in this world? You all are invincible, so smart? Well guess fuckin' what, you're all wrong. Y'all think with your guns, and not brains. Don't fuckin' pretend to care about her when all you guys did was hurt her these past few weeks. And for what? For killing a French? So that he doesn't rape her?" he paused and chuckled humorlessly, "but of course, we didn't know now, did we? Imagine what it must have been like for her to think that history might repeat itself and so her defense mechanism kicked in. Yes, she should have told us but hasn't she been through enough? If this is the mafia life, I would gladly fuckin' leave all of it behind, any time of the day. None of you had the right to demean her like that. And Zio Xander, my sister made sure your daughter and his," he pointed at Zio Zanvil before continuing, "were unscathed. She meant when she said that she will sacrifice herself if she had to, for this family, and she did just. Fuckin'. That. But the question is, what have you guys done for her?-"