11. FEELING THE PAIN

When I next awoke, I felt my hand encased in someone else's

I looked to my right to see Aless and all hells broke loose.

As soon as he heard my first sob, he looked up at me in shock before standing up and hugging me.

I cried in his shirt for a while before I felt completely drained and pulled back. He kissed my head and sat down next to me.

"How's Adrian?" I asked in panic as I remembered that he was shot.

"Alive and kicking." he joked.

I nodded in relief and looked down on my lap.

"I missed you." Aless spoke all of a sudden.

"Me too." I smiled at him and we sat there talking for a while before he got a call and left the room.

I decided to check up on Adrian, who according to Aless was still in the infirmary and under observation. I unhooked the IV attached to my hand and got out feeling slightly dizzy but that didn't matter right now.

I had to see him for myself. Even if I see him from a distance.

I, carefully, walked out of the room and saw that the door next to mine was left slightly ajar.

I peeked inside and what I saw broke my heart.

Maybe.

Selena was balling her eyes out as she rested her head on his chest and he was stroking her hair in a soothing manner. He was whispering sweet nothings to her, trying to calm her down all the while he held her close to him.

His lower abdomen was wrapped in a gauze and there was a IV hooked to his hand which was also bandaged.

I swallowed the painful lump in my throat and took a step back before going back to my room to pick up my phone and bag and leave with Aless.

Aless turned around as soon as he saw me and ended the call.

"I just want to go home and sleep the rest of the night off." I stated monotonously.

He nodded with a small frown and we left almost immediately. Aless decided that he wanted to sleep in my room like old times and I felt so happy just having him near me.

My brother was everything to me. The bond we shared, despite the age difference, was too beautiful to be described in a few words.

Aless and I were each other's anchors. No matter how hard it got, we always got through it together.

***

"Sia, I think you should stay at home today." mom spoke as she eyed me in worry.

"Mom, you need to stop. It's my period, not the end of the world." I huffed in frustration as I tied my hair in a high ponytail after putting on a pair of black jeans with my denim shirt and white converse.