19. TORN

PLEASE READ!

HEY, I KNOW THAT I AM UPDATING AFTER LIKE TWO WEEKS AND I ALSO AM AWARE OF THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY PATIENT WITH ME BUT KNOW THAT I HAVE A GENUINE REASON FOR THIS. I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH SOME MAJOR HEALTH ISSUES. AS Y'ALL ARE AWARE OF THE ONGOING GLOBAL CRISIS AND SO I'VE BEEN TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 ABOUT TWENTY DAYS AGO. I AM OUT OF THE SELF QUARANTINE BUT STILL RECOVERING. THIS SHIT GOT ME FEELING SO WEAK AND LETHARGIC ALL THE TIME THAT I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL LIKE LOOKING AT MY LAPTOP SO PLS UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION AND THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT.

YOU CAN READ THE CHAPTER NOW.

She gulped audibly and managed to stand up before carefully turning around

She gulped audibly and managed to stand up before carefully turning around. I was standing in the shadows near the window of her room.

"Who are you?" she asked in a stern tone.

Impressive.

I took a few steps forward and her rigid posture relaxed. She stared at me in confusion, "What are you doing here?" she inquired folding her arms across her chest.

I stayed quiet and my gaze first averted, to the corner on the floor where the unopened gifts were placed then to the torn wrapping paper next to some of the opened ones before settling on her face again.

"I couldn't come today, I was called for an urgent matter at the last minute." I spoke ignoring her question.

She scoffed under her breath and shook her head, "Who let you in?" she asked once again.

"Nobody let me in, Sylvia. I can come and go wherever and whenever I want." I replied coldly.

"What obnoxious man!" I heard her mutter under her breath.

Then she smiled sweetly at me, "Let me rephrase my question, since you clearly can't understand, WHY. ARE. YOU. HERE?"  she enunciated.

"I already told you I couldn't be there-" I begun to say but she cut me off.

"Yeah, and? You have never been there. Big deal." she shrugged and brought her hands down slapping them on her thighs.

"You're not starting again, are you?" I asked incredulously.

She raised her brows, "No, I'm just stating facts. And do tell me what is that I always 'start?'"  she said air quoting the last word.

"You're fucking childish." I said in exasperation while running a hand through my hair.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Unbelievable." she mumbled.

"Get out." she snapped pointing at the door.

My eyes narrowed at her and jaw clenched, "What?" I questioned quietly.

"You heard me." she answered and walked past me to the closet.