28. THE CHAOS INSIDE

As soon as I reached home, I walked straight up to my bedroom and took my blazer off first before kicking my shoes off and loosening the tie around the collar

It was suffocating me. Everything was suffocating me. Every memory was suffocating me.

I could feel the rage from earlier starting to boil inside of me once again. The emotions that I had tried to suppress, were returning with full force. I did not want to get angry but I could not help it.

Actually, I don't even remember the first time I got angry and at what matter but I do remember that I would always stay angry, and still do, until I was actually diagnosed with anger management issues after mom insisted that I visit a psychotherapist with her.

Mom said that I was like my dad in many aspects, his switch would also flip at the speed of lightning and sometimes, for no apparent reason.

So maybe this is why I was feeling unable to control my urge to break anything in my sight. So I turned around and threw my phone straight at the floor-length mirror. A crack formed in the middle of it and my phone fell on the floor, breaking in two.

Your dear daughter was raped at a party three years ago.

My hand shot up to my, tugging at my roots, before throwing a punch to the wall.

I want to tell you a story.

I tugged at my tie roughly and threw it on the floor before making my way to the dresser and swiped a hand across it throwing all the items there on the floor.

You even think of opening fire, these three die in a second.

My hands gripped at the edges of the table and my knuckles turned white.

Because it was me who found her passed out from a stroke on the side of an empty road.

Your daughter was raped, beaten, and left on the road to die.

"FUCK!" I cursed and banged my fists against the hard, dark wood in frustration.

She called for you, you know? As soon as she woke up the first time, she called for you. Kept asking for you in her sleep every night.

I swallowed a painful lump in my throat and my heart constricted inside my chest, making me place a shaky hand above my shirt where I could feel a faint heartbeat. It physically hurt me to even think about it.

They touched her.

They fucking violated her.

Harassed her.

Bruised her.

They fuckin' broke her.

They touched what's mine.

And that's when I felt it. Something wet on my cheeks. I raised my hand to my left cheek and touched it only to find water on my fingertips when I brought it back.