20. RAGE

"Sia, thank you so much for standing up for me at the school, you know that I love you

"Sia, thank you so much for standing up for me at the school, you know that I love you." Aless said as soon as we reached the parking lot.

Currently, we were standing outside his school and in the parking lot. I had not gotten any time to spare before today so the first thing I did in the morning was drive straight to his school to see his principal.

"He's still in prison, Aless, and the school also expelled him. Now, we can't mix up with the cops and you know that which is why I made sure he's never coming back here again." I replied looking away.

"Are you okay?" he asked in concern.

"Yeah." I plastered a fake smile on my face and looked straight in his eyes to make it look more convincing.

He kept looking at me as if he did not buy my bullshit but before he could probe any further, I cleared my throat and spoke "Come on, or else we will be late."

He nodded his head silently and followed me to the car. I closed the door after settling in and took a deep breath before turning in my seat to face Aless.

"Aless, you're growing up and of course I will be there with you but I wasn't the last time something happened and I would hate to see my brother go down without a fight. You should be able to defend yourself especially when you come from Mafioso. I know you were training just fine before but I talked to zio Zanvil about it and he agreed that I should train you which is why you have been taking combat lessons from me. As your elder sister I want you to remember three things; no motherfucker can tell you what you can and cannot do, there's always a target on your back and I love you. If, by any chance, I am not there someday, I need to know that you will take care of mom and dad. I need to be sure that you can take up after me and Aless if a time comes where you have to fight yourself or me, fucking save yourself and run without looking back." I stated letting it all out.

He blinked and scoffed, "Leave you behind? Not a chance."

"It isn't up for debate, Aless."

"Sia, why are you saying all this?" he asked with a frown.

"Because I saw an opportunity and grabbed it and that's lesson number four, never miss an opportunity." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He exhaled loudly and rubbed his face with his left hand, "Okay."

"Good." I replied and brought the engine to life.

"Oh, and Aless? Don't repeat my mistakes." I spoke quietly.

"Mom and dad are really upset, Sia. You killed a French and to top it all, you hid it from everyone. What if something had happened to you?" he tried to reason with me.

I shook my head and scoffed bitterly, "Sometimes, you have to let go of things and be a bigger person. I was humiliated, twice, because of this and in front of everyone. I think I have been punished enough and this is absurd and you know what, Aless? Mom and dad or anyone doesn't know shit and let me tell you, they're in for one hell of goddamn surprise if they're this 'concerned' about my well-being. I am a psychologist and it sucks when you are putting your hundred percent to keep someone else's sanity on track yet lose yours every day. I hate every second of this life, Aless, and let me tell you this that I will leave once all of this is over." I ranted.