9. LETTING IT ALL OUT

Empty

Empty.

Void.

Hollow.

These are few of the thousands of similar emotions I have been experiencing from the past ten days.

Was I suffering from depersonalization disorder? Maybe.

I was a human after all. Feeling emotionally numb was nothing new.

My reaction to the situation was freezing my emotions, like they taught in one of the classes.

Xavier along with Liam and Talia left three days ago. It was a hard goodbye.

But goodbyes are never easy, are they?

When Liam and Talia found out, they were extremely upset. But given the circumstances they, themselves, were dealing with, it wasn't an ideal time to dump things after things on them.

They came only for two days after handling the situation with his father and those days were mostly spent in either silence or painful cries.

Liam's dad had been caught and was locked behind the bars once again. His mother was safe now and so was he.

Selena came to visit me the day after the burial and she looked healthier. She was obviously here to offer her condolences and stayed only for an hour.

Everybody's been trying to talk to me but I barely respond. I know, I'm not the only one going through it but I'm the one to blame. It was supposed to be me.

I should've been dead.

I sighed as I stared ahead of me at one of the large trees in our garden. I came home from office almost an hour ago and was still in my professional attire. A blush pink colored blouse and grey pants.

I brought my knees up to my chest on the bench and rested my head above them

I brought my knees up to my chest on the bench and rested my head above them. Today was my second day working at the office.

We introduced the psychology department in dad's office and the employees were both glad and skeptical about the new addition since they feared talking to their boss's daughter.