44. I AM NOT INTO ROLE-PLAY

As he stood motionless, I trailed my right hand down to his heart while the other stayed on his nape

As he stood motionless, I trailed my right hand down to his heart while the other stayed on his nape. Underneath my palm, his heart pounded furiously as he stared at me in a trance. It felt as if I held his heart in my palm and my fingers applied a little pressure on his rock solid chest beneath his cotton shirt. He shivered and I bit back a smile.

The big bad mafia capo was trembling under my touch.

"So tell me, Ian?" I asked.

"What?" he asked back breathlessly.

"Was I dreaming?"

"No."

"Then?"

"Then what?"

"Do you love me?

"Do you love me?"

I threw my head back and laughed breathily, "What's love for you, Ian?"

"You." He answered without missing a beat.

My heart warmed at his reply so I decided to let him in on a secret, "I don't know what love is, but whenever I think of this particular word, my mind sketches a picture of you, my heart whispers your name, and my soul inks your entire being in itself, a little darker than before."

His hand went behind my thighs and he lifted me up with ease as I crossed my legs behind his waist as he carried me to the bed and sat down with his back resting against the headboard.

"I'm so sorry, Sia. I'm so sorry for everything I put you through. I was so busy being mad at you for leaving me that I, I didn't even realize the consequences of my actions. I want to promise you a lot of things but before that, I promise to make up for all the bad things I put you through, and until and unless you don't forgive me for them, I won't deem myself worthy of you. Not that I could ever deserve you or your love, but I am ready to do all that it takes. Just know that in the end, it'll be your call and I will respect your choice." He stated, sounding more genuine than ever.

"Respect yourself then." I simply replied.

"What?" He questioned in confusion.

"Because you will always be my choice. I'll choose you a thousand times over even if you mess up because my love is not limited to your strengths, it passes through every imperfection and flaw of yours and goes beyond every length." I explained while stroking his jaw with my thumb.

He stared at me in awe as he was at a loss of words, "I'm enjoying this, you know?" I teased.

"Enjoying what?"

"The fact that I left you speechless and also that you shivered when I touched you." I told truthfully.

"Enjoy it while it lasts." He smirked.

"I'm in for one hell of an eternity." I sighed out.

"You are." He whispered.

"I love you so much, Ian." I murmured.