(9)

Narrator's POV

Slamming of utensils was heard on your table though it wasn't loud enough to attract people's attention but it did caught yours. Armin slammed his plate infront of you. "Ernesta, please take my dinner for my own way of expressing my grattidute towards you...! Thank you for lending me your ODM gear, i promise to not be a nuisance anymore." You looked at Armin weirdly, a long silence enveloped your table but was cut off by Armin's stomach rumbling. A small smile etched your face and pushed the plate back to him.

"If you really want to express your grattitude. Here, eat. Then train hard. Ok?" You said looking at him he nodded and sat down infront of you scarfing his food. "Slowdown, you'll choke."

"Anyhow, how's training, Eren?" He looked at you before looking down. "I guess a bit more better than the last one."

"You mean no improvement at all." Jean spoke on his table looking at Eren with a cocky smirk on his face. "Do you mean you? Jean?"

"Don't start."

You said as they quickly stopped talking but still glaring at each other. "If you need to improve just ask someone near, like Mikasa."

"I don't need her help, I'm not a kid."

"I didn't said you were. But you do need her help. I saw you sparring, you need it." He just let out a 'tsk' and continued eating. Mikasa looking down with a seemingly sad face. "Eren, don't be like that to Mikasa, she's just trying to help." A voice piped in, Christa.

"Yep, you're being too rude towards her. She just want to protect you." Connie added soon many people joined. Let's just say he got ticked off because he felt like people was scrubbing it into his face that he's weak. This made Mikasa even more sad.

After dinner you went to your usual spot at the campfire. You inhaled the fresh air flowing freely all around. "Ernesta?" You looked and saw Armin looking at you with worried eyes. "Hey, you need something..?"

"Oh, i just wanted to say thank you, again. And just know if you ever need anthing from me you just have to ask. Also I try not be a burden to everyone and slow is down."

"Pardon?"

"Uhm what?"

"Burden you say? No. I don't think you're anywhere near that."

"I know, you're just saying that to make me feel better. You don't have to i know I'm useless far from that."

"Are you talking about your pyshical performance?"

"Of course. What else am i talking about?"

"I thought we were talking about your mental performance.  You're great you know. How you could quickly read the situation then make a great plan. You are someone like Big Brain. That's a bit cringy but it suits you."  You stood up and pat his shoulder. "Don't be hard on yourself. You did a lot of great things actually. Don't focus on the bad ones Ok?" He nodded you walked pass him and continued walking towards your dormitory.

"Damn all of you! I don't need anyones help!" A  familiar voice said. Eren, You looked a the corner and saw him beating up a dummy. "Eren..." He stopped and looked at you. "What?" His voice was filled with venom. You didn't replied instead moved on to your fighting stance and looked at him. "Fight me instead."

You said as he went to his fighting stance too. He was the first one to strike, blocking his attack then pushing him away. He gave an annoyed glare and proceed with attacking you. He charged fully, seeing him doing so you dodge his attack causing him to slightly trip. "Don't hold back on me!"

He said and once again charged at you with full speed you grabbed his. He was prepared to get tossed however was shocked when you embraced him. " I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to doubt you. I'm sorry if I made you feel like you're not enough.." You said while continuing to embrace him. "No, I'm sorry for acting like that. You're right i do need help with training. I.... just don't want Mikasa to treat me like a child. So the last thing I wanted was going to her and asking some training advice." You pulled away then looked at him. "So then please. Go get help from her, i don't like it when you scream at her she was sad. Be nice to her atleast."

You free yourself from his grasp. And went outside. The young man was left by himself thinking about what happened. He looked back at where you once stood and continued training. It wouldn't hurt to ask Mikasa for training.

The Next day

"Yall i be eati'n if any of ya needed me- I'm- i mean. See ya guys." Sasha spoke also blushing embarrassed. You were at the stables just finished cleaning, as you heard her. "You think it's weird that Sasha's voice changes?" Jean said I looked at him and said. "No. That's her natural accent actually."

"Really? Wow. How, weird. Anyways, let's go grab lunch." You followed him silently, your thoughts was on Sasha. "Sit next to me. Nee, Ernesta? I noticed you're always looking at me from across the table."

'What??'

You thought as you gave him a weird look while sipping your drink. 'When did I looked at you?'

You started thinking of times you looked at his table. Quote his table. "Do i?" You asked him yourself. "Come on don't pull that trick on me. I know you've been looking over to me."

'Luh, Assuming.'

"Eh? I am? I didn't noticed heheh..." You tried to make up words to escape whatever his doing. Flirting obviously, you just took this lightly and shrugged it off. Probably him messing with me. You thought as you continued eating.

"As if she'd ever look at a face like yours." Eren butted. Squeezed his form in between yours. "She's probably not even really looking at you." He mocked now fully turned to Jean.

"Well, look we got more company than usual. Great change right, Jean?"

"It is, and it's not. Apparently, some suicidal bastard decided to join in."

"A company of a suicidal bastard is much better than a horse..."

"...."

"The fuck you said, Yeager!?"

"Please, not in front of me." You said and they quickly stopped, but still glaring at each other. "How was your training with Mikasa?" You asked Eren.

"It was fine. She didn't baby me like she always do. Which was a surprise, but i was glad she didn't, you were right. Thank you, Ernesta." You nodded and continued eating.

"Ernesta, you look very put-together today. Not to mention only today. And today is when you're assign to clean the baracks and stables with me."

"Oh? Do i? I look like i normally do."

"What? No! You did something with your hair? It has gotten longer i see."

"Uhm, yeah. My hair grew....."

"You know what. You're not getting anywhere Jean. Just fricki'n drop it."

The was a long silence after that. You shrugged at the males weird behavior and continued eating. Many people might think you're dense, you aren't. In fact you knew exactly well what Jeans trying to do.

Compliment you.

[A/N: ok for those who ask if this is even a X Reader fanfic. Yes, it is. YOU are reincarnated as Ernesta Emberstone, your past name in this story was, Y/N L/N. So that was your past name and you can't have it again, cause that just doesn't make sense. And that's what I want the book to be has a sense. Don't worry y'all just gonna befriend some chosen characters before the all the intense actions and drama.]

Matta-nee, mina-san.