(33)

Narrator's POV

Morning came and everyone's day off as well, except for you. At least half of the day, later this afternoon Historia called for you.

She wanted to discuss something regarding the orphanage she's establishing. You're there to suggest things.

It was still a bit dark outside when you got out of your dorm. Rays of the Sunrise is peeping through. Suddenly, You heard a noise coming from the stables. You rushed to get there.

You saw Connie mounting his horse. You went towards him, he noticed your presence and turned towards you. Wiping something off his eyes.

"Hello, Captain...."

You gave him a smirk and a weirded look, chuckling before saying.

"You don't have to address me that way, we're friends, Connie."

"Oh... yeah.... Anyways, I'm heading off, See ya."

"Where are you heading off to?"

"....... My mother..."

"Oh..."

"I need to look after her."

"Ok, then..... Wait I'll go get somethings."

He gave you a weird look, you ran off and towards the closet pulling out the three large brand new brushes you brought yesterday. Along with a bucket and a tube of toothpaste.

"Here, I'll help you with it."

You suggested putting the equipment down and getting your horse. You dashed towards  your horse's stable, before pulling him out of the stable.

Connie simply waiting for you and not complaining about anything. Knowing that he doesn't have a choice if you insist on it, no matter how much the other person tells you not to, you'll do it anyways.

You mounted your horse before giving Connie a nod and you were off. A long silence enveloped the both of you.

.....

"Connie brush her upper teeth I'll do the lower one...."

"Uhm, Ernesta I appreciate your kindness, but..... this is too much."

Connie said as he looked at the mountain of shampoo bottles you brought. (You're part of the royal family so you're filthy rich.) A large amount of toothpaste you used to fill the bucket, bar of soaps you dissolved.

You on the other hand was talking to her, Connie's mother behaving well not even trying anything to eat you nor him.

"How's your day Mrs. Springer? Your hair is muddy, and tangled. I'll help you with that."

You scrubbed her scalp with shampoo while talking to her softly, Connie's heart thumps at the sight. You we're talking to his mom as if she's still the same.

As if she's human. He appreciate it all, except for Sasha he's glad he found someone who doesn't see him as a nuisance.

"Stay still for me, Does it hurt?"

"How can you know what she's saying?"

You stopped and looked at Connie. "Well, she doesn't actually talk, but she does things that I took for an answer. And sometimes I just know what she's feeling."

"Oh? What is she feeling right now?"

"Let me see, She's happy seeing you again, In fact she has many question to ask you. Like, 'How's your day?' 'Did you eat?'  'Don't cause any trouble, Connie.' Questions like that, you know? The normal question Mothers ask their children."

You stopped talking and looked at Connie with a smile, Buts only to see him stunned, eyes wide, and tears running down his face. You pulled your handkerchief from your skirt pocket and hand it to him.

"Here... You did great Connie, she's proud of you. Your mother....... had always been proud of you. Knowing that you choose to defend humanity than join the Military and live in the interiors. You abandoned that oppurtunity, and risked your life everyday. And for that she became more proud, what I'm saying is, no matter where you are, where will you be. Your mom will look at you and say 'that's my son.' "

He broke down, crying. His tears coming down non-stop. Although he tries to wipe them off every time, another one come falling down.

"You are a strong boy, Connie. Now, take all the time you need to mourn. I'll be just right  here, until you are all better."

You make your way towards him, embracing his smaller form as he continued crying. His wet tears staining your white blouse.

After a few moments he pulled away, grabs the tissue you were handing to him before wiping his tears and a snot forming.

He turned away from you, clearing his throat. "Eh-uhm.... Thank you Ernesta."

You pat his head. "Welcome, Connie."