(36)

Narrator's  POV

Narrator's  POV

Breathing the fresh air as your whole being is currently being washed by nostalgia and adrenaline. As if you are nervous for some kind of reason. You let out a shaky breath a small smile creeping towards your face.

You sat down under the same tree you used to go when you were still young. Before you moved to Shiganshina, a sudden rush of adrenaline washed over you along with the nostalgic feeling.

Under this tree held a lot of memories most of them with Historia. Since she was the onl one with you, the only friend you had all your childhood.

You sighed and lay your body against the tree trunk. You opened a book as you turned the pages where you previously left. A body came crashing with yours.

A certain blonde female giggled as she embrace you. You chuckled a bit.

"Hello Historia...."

You said as she removed herself from you smiling a bit. You looked at her weirdly. She's acting a bit weird.

"Ernesta, do you remember when we played house? This was the tree we used to play on! Remember? I hugged you like this!"

"Pfft. Yeah, I remember. I hit my head at the same time. "

She scratched the back of her head while giggling. She got off me, dusting her long skirt before sitting next to you.

"So why aren't you doing all of those Queen stuff you're supposed to be doing? It's like your second day as the crowned Queen yet here you are. Are you slacking off?"

"Hmm?? Nope! Of course not! I just took a day off! All of those paper works are stressing me out, I just got to tell you that isn't my thing!"

You chuckled at her behavior remembering  that type of volume she used as a kid. She was super loud and quirky until now. You smiled softly at her.

You wished she would
always be like this.

"Say you are the Corporal. What are you doing here? Are you slacking off?"

You laughed at her call back as she does the same. You spoke 'nice one.' Under your breath still amused at her.

"But really. I think you are more fit with this being a Queen thing than me. You're a Fritz after all."

"You're also a Fritz you know? They just changed it into Reiss so they'll be low-key hidden within these walls."

Silence. Everything went silent afterwards no one said anything, Well not until you suddenly asked her a crazy question.

"Historia... What would you feel about me having a child?"

"E-eh?! Well, you would be a responsible one. You could definitely take up the role of a mother... But! Don't you think you're too young?! Like you're just 13!"

"No, but I was just asking.."

"Oh.. I see."

"I..... wanted to at least have someone in my life. A little one to take care of. After all my time is running out."

".."

She said nothing as she fiddle with the hem of her skirt showing the obvious sign that she is rather uncomfortable with the topic of you dying. She just can't bear it, she couldn't. You're the last one left of her loved ones.

"How about you? You'll need an heir to the throne. Well actually, screw that. Think about The Eldian first. Then you could do frickle frackle with someone."

"Ok, let me get this straight. I like you, despite our relation. I know it sounds crazy and it is. But I don't care. I liked you since we were trainees."

You we're taken aback at her bold claim. You we're freaked out and almost disgusted about her sudden confession, although she was more surprised knowing how oblivious you were. Almost. She giggled then it turned into a full laughter.

"Say whatever you can say. I'm not afraid of looking bad to anyone just because I said the truth. Ernesta, I want you to Know. You we're the one who bought back Historia. I'm very thankful."

"..... Stop... saying weird things."

"Hehe..."

......

You scribbled on your notebook. As you all sat down waiting for the carriage to stop. Apparently the Military decided to take you in.

For some unknown reason they would not want to talk about. Of course a lot protested a long with Historia who couldn't do anything about it.

It just made things clear for you. You thought that they were going to accept you all at once. Oh how you were so wrong.

There's still a lot of people wanting you imprisoned. Due to probably the church members influence, how many times do you have to say it?

The Fritz Sisters aren't goddesses.

'More like a slave.'

"Bring her out. "

The voice from outside said as they harshly tug the chains some even pushing you out. How rude. After all that you did for them , you get treated harshly in return? Well it's Not like you were expecting anything.

You we're pulled put almost stumbling but you managed to get up. The rays of setting sun was blinding you a bit. Your eyes adjusted to the light, your baby blue eyes gazed at the crowd surrounding the area.

They are all standing in their place which formed a path just for you. They soon bought out your gear.

It was awkward people watching you intensely as you put on your gear. Afterwards you quickly put on your green cape.

And that's when they all started cheering. You were surprised as you flinched a bit. You walked down the path as people continued cheering for you.

You felt quite uncomfortable having many people looking at you and cheering. Your footsteps halted at the sight of your Commander. You saluted at him in which he gave you an approving nod.

You continued your path and stood beside Marco. The rest of your squad was behind you. A hand squeezed your shoulder looking behind you it was no surprise to see that it was Eren.

You gave him a gentle smile before squeezing his hand. Looking back at the roaring crowd. You slightly knitted your brows together looking down at the crowd rather distasteful.

Memories flood in your mind as you recalled how people used to treat the Survey Corps poorly back Then.  Throwing literally anything from death glares, insults, and into items and rocks.

You looked at a certain trio the ones who are also cheering. You can't help but give a warm smile as you see this rather amusing.

Although you suddenly flinched at the voice of your own Commander also cheering with the crowd. A few cadets sweat dropped at his behaviour. Mostly Levi.

He stopped before giving a speech ad he drew his blade and pointed towards the Horizon. His blade pointing towards the setting sun that can be seen bidding behind the hills and mountains of the Wall Maria.

You fixed your cape once again.

"ADVANCE!"

[ Tweet tweet 🐣🕊🦅]