(46)

MARCO'S DISAPPOINTMENT

Narrator's POV

A loud thumping noise of fast footsteps was heard all over the hallway. A young man running for his life was so quick on his feet. Every step he took came with one huff and one puff. He felt so out of breath his feet running in a fast pace he didn't even knew he could and at the same time His body becoming heavier and heavier.

Finally seeing the large wooden door nearing he took all of his energy and opened the doors with a mighty swing.

The people within the room was startled. Small gasps escaped out of their lips, some even flinched. Of course there are higher ups there.

The young man was so tired he didn't have the energy to even greet them. Not that it was necessary especially in a situation like this.

Taking a large breath in before shouting.

"Ernesta Emberstone had escaped!"

Marco's brown eyes widen. His breath ragged unable to think clearly. He turned his gaze to Eren they both made eye contact. Eren's green orbs in verge of tears.

They were just about to talk to you.

Marco's POV

We listened quietly as me and my comrades stood beside next to each other with a tense aura swirling around us.

As time passes every words that comes out if the Commander gave my heart an ache the next one is more painful than the last. 

"The chaos she created was unforgivable. And so are her alliance, I was going to give her a chance to talk since she is considered as royalty despite having the blood of the enemy, however she had taken a horrible step which I cannot dismiss."

"Since she is part royal it wasn't so surprising that she manage to form an alliance. Considering her status and impact especially in the Scouting Legion. Those vengeful soldiers would do anything for retribution. And so this Anti-military force had been given a name The Viragists. From the word Virago the name we've given to Ernesta Emberstone."

"Lastly a word for Commander Hange Zoe. Most new recruits from your Legion are suspects from the case of Mr. Zachary. This proves that you haven't been doing your job. And yes offense as we see you unfit with your duties, However we will be giving you a chance. Do you wish to retire from your position?"

"No. I do not wish."

The Man eyes Commander Hange with anger and irritation as he continues to speak. For me all of this seems nothing but a lie. I can't cope with what's happening and so making me hard to think.

"We made you scout the enemy. But instead you came back with dead soldiers and our Founder brainwashed."

A look of surprise flashed on each others faces as we look at the speaker.

"Ernesta?? By who?"

"Who else? But Zeke. We believe that she is being controlled by Zeke her Cousin. We believe that her time was mainly Zeke talking to her. That why she knew many people here from Marley. We wouldn't be surprised if she was one of those traitors, Maybe she had been a Marleyan Warrior. Who knows?"

"It is all because you guys can't pay enough attention."

I closed my eyes and blocked all the noises as we are in a middle of an important discussion.

I inhaled softly.

If only Ernesta was not brainwashed.

She wouldn't let this happen.