(22)

"Annie...! It hurts..."

Annie jerks awake as she with a horrified look on her face, she immediately started crying as she remembers your face. She remembered when she bit you, she dropped you, your body collided with the hard ground. Your saddened gaze, how you looked at her as if she was not a monster. You made her feel like she was a normal girl.

But, in all of a sudden, you were gone. She was alone again. She buried her face in her pillow as she started another round on crying session.

"Oh? Look who finally woke up." Hitch's voice was heard as they started their usual schedule. Though, Hitch may sound annoying right now. She actually knew how Annie was doing last night.

In fact she woke up as she heard Annie crying in her sleep. Mumbling a few words, she swore she heard your name in one of them. She was saying sorry, about what? You two seems to get along very well, too well. If she isn't mistaken that look she gives to you, is the look of an in love teenager.

So why? Did you two got into a fight? Now, that you were mentioned she thought why she didn't saw you today, even yesterday morning. You and Annie are always at the cafe in mornings, you always drop Annie. How come she hadn't seen you in like two days? There's something going on.

....

"Annie, please! They're going to kill Eren!"

Annie stopped her tracks and listened into what Armin was going say. "People who knows nothing, are unwittingly pushing humanity into the brink of self-extinction, in order to save their own necks."

"Now that i realized it, it's not that convincing. But, we have no other option but to bet everything we have. We try not to drag you with us, we need help form the Military Police's help in order to get pass the check point."

Annie look so deep in thought, she took a breath, actually took every ounces of strenght she has to say. "Tell me am i a good person to you?"

Armin was a bit taken a back from her question but still answered, wisely. "I'm not really fond of that, all I know that you call those good people, who did something for your own convenience." She fell silent, ' For you? I wonder if I did anything for her own convenience..'

Annie clutched her rifle as she remembered what she did to you. She killed you two times. " So, if you don't help me, Annie. Then i will see you as a bad person."

'What's the point even if you see me as a good person. I'll still be a bad person..

But, she told me I'm just a person. I do bad things and good things. That's starting to male no sense Now, because I don't remember doing something good, ever.'

She thought to herself. As she lowered her Rifle and finally agreed with Armin. "I'll do it." She said before slipping on the ring you gave her.

....

The four walked in an awkward silence. Annie who walked a meter away from them, not wanting to get anywhere close to any of them. No one spoke about that but they are satisfied about it.

"We got through that easily...."

"Shh...!"

"That's the Military Police to you, shows what kind of work they do..."

"Don't look at everything..."

A disgusted look was painted over Eren's face. "Let's just hope that they didn't noticed that Jean took my place..." His eyes narrowed a pout was formed in his lips.

"He and I don't look anything alike..."

"Well, you both have a mean and nasty look..."

Armin said as Eren looked at him in disgust and disbelief. "I don't have his Horseface!"

Annie stayed quiet as she doesn't want to engage any type of conversation with them, she's pretty sure it's the same for them. She's just there to help them go through the check point.

"Over there..."

Armin led them into a tunnel. As everyone went in except, Annie. Eren turned to her, trying his best not to tremble as he himself doubt what she is. "Aren't you coming..? Don't tell me your afraid of cramped and dark place like this."

"Yeah, I'm afraid. I doubt a suicidal maniac such as yourself would understand how a delicate damsel would feel."

"Well, that delicate damsel can throw a man twice her size is not weak. Let's go!"

"No, I'm not going there. I'm not going unless we travel above."

The air grew tense as they became wary, Mikasa who is ready to drew her sword anytime now. They all looked at Annie as her eyes casted down a shadow hid her eyes.

"That time you didn't killed her. But you finished her after all. Why?"

"I wonder too.."

"If you don't come with us then you'll be a bad person in my eyes!" Armin exclaimed as he clutch the hand of the gun he's holding. Eren moved forward and spoke. "This is stupid just come here and that would prove something!"

"Do i look like, i care if you saw me like that? I'm a failed warrior, but most importantly i failed her..." Annie replied completely ignoring what Eren just said. Eren took another step forward but this time Mikasa stopped him and she stepped forward.

"Enough, i had enough. It's pointless. I'm going to carve you up again, Female Titan!"

There was silent Annie turned her head towards Armin. A blush crept on her face, she started laughing maniacally, The trio glared at her. " Armin..! Although, i wasn't a good person. I'm glad I was able to be one with you, for now you won your bet. But mine is just starting..!"

She went to bite her finger, Armin fired his gun as many people got out of their hiding  place and began swarming in and held her down. One even shut her mouth with a cloth. She opened her palms and immediately scratched her thumb against the claw. She glared at the trio as she did so.

Mikasa only had a few minutes to pull her two friends down with her. Until the yellow lighting appeared and shook the ground the citizens who held her down was killed.

All people even soldiers that are evacuating   looked at the yellow lightning in fear. As yet another titan shifter had entered the walls bit this one with the intent of killing everyone.