(29)

Your POV

You let out a groan as you slowly opened your eyes and stared into the night sky. You looked around confused. As you saw that you are in a vast dessert.

You felt movements beside you, you looked and saw a young girl wearing a tattered dress, laced sandals, and a white hairband. Her messy golden locks, and hollow eyes was looked at you as she tend your missing part.

You remember her. She was the little girl in your memory, Ymir Fritz, Titan Goddess. You were confused on what she's doing, or rather why is she doing it?

"Why are you serving me?" 

You asked as she continues to do what she's doing looking at you every now and then. She seemed to be in deep thought, you looked at your arms it was back to normal. Annie's bite was no longer seen.

"You are not a slave."

She came into a full stop. She looks down a bit but you can still see her eyes, showing her blue eyes while she grimace. Her hand trembling, actually her full body was.

"Ymir, i came to understand. Why was I reborn, I was Y/N L/N. A poor and pathetic woman who didn't even try to fight for my life, but just abandoned everything and was left to rot in a garbage for an apartment."

You said. Recalling your past life, it was horrible, unloving parents in a unloving marriage, abandoned child. Poor child, pathetic child, useless child. You were.

"No matter how cruel my fate is. I can't say I hate you for that. No, you actually gave me a purpose this time. My life was pathetic, i didn't even get to prove something for myself. I didn't even get to make even a slight difference back then. But this time.."

You grasped her hand tightly looking at her with determination. She looks back, this time eyes are no longer hollow, her clear blue eyes are seen.

"I will live up to my purpose. You gave me a purpose, yet you are the worst girl that ever lived. But you were the girl who saved me from that cruel world. For that i am forever greatful."

I looked back at her. Seeing her looking at me taking everything I said about her. She nodded.

"Now, let me return the favour. Let's make a deal, in exchange for freedom. You'll have to remove the devil's curse. Freedom in exchange for The Annulment of the Deal."

"That deal... was suppose to give me freedom."

"Well, are you free? Back then you become Queen, you become the most feared woman. Were you free? Even now. Are you free?"

She became silent as you both knew what her answer is. No. She sighed, held her bucket and continued with her work.

"It is your fate to free me. If that curse in exchange for freedom. Then i would surely choose freedom. But, what was done, i cannot remove it. Unless, You will go back to your world, I'll show you the same path I took where i met the devil. You make your own deal."

She was almost finished with her work. Only one more leg, and she'll be done. An idea popped in your head.

"Can you like, add a few inches or maybe a foot in my height?"

She didn't replied. She drew two lines underneath my feet.

"But for Now, go and save your friends."

She put a hand on my eyes. As I began to doze off again.

I gasped as I jolted awake once more. I looked around me and saw that i am in a hospital.

"How did I get here-"

A painful headache strikes behind my head as I clutch my head in pain. Then i remembered.

"Historia.... Eren..."

I got up from the bed and rushed outside. I took a random cloak that was hanging on a clothes hanger.

I left the building and into the stables to get a horse. I ran as fast as I could, bumping with people along the way. Many gave weird glances, some with a worried one, some with an annoyed one.

'Don't do anything stupid... Historia..!'

Narrator's POV

You finally arrived at the stables. You went to go and get Antonio, your horse out. As expected he was all alone in the stables.

You gave him a quick hug before rushing to get on top of him. You stroke his neck, signaling him to go.

The horse, went full speed towards the exit. And into the familiar path, the horse galloping towards the gate and into the forest.

As you reached it, memories began flooding back, feeling the wind welcoming you back. Antonio was unbelievably fast, despite after a long time being there.

Soon enough you could see the chapel from the distance. You clutched the reins, as Antonio immediately runs faster.

As you got near you saw some people or rather Scouts at the entrance. You made a full dash towards the entrance, shoving everyone out of the way.

You grabbed a set of ODM gear and put it on as quickly as possible. Ignoring everyone staring at You, some even remembered you as the girl from the Expedition.

You entered a crystalize cave, Giant pillars of crystal standing up so tall. The chaos though, can be seen. Smoke and dead bodies everywhere.

You switched into vertical maneuvering. Launching yourself up, though it's hard to due to the crystal.

Not long enough you saw your comrades fighting, with another group of people who also uses ODM gears. Perhaps the Military Police.

You saw the blonde one was about to shoot a comrade. You pushed her out of the way, putting her to safety. You held her close before leaving her on a safe spot.

Another one was almost shot, you recognized her as one of your comrades. Hange Zoe. She looks up with a shock expression.  Seeing you alive.

A blonde woman came into view and was ready to shot Hange dead. When you were the first to act. You pulled out a gun and shot her instead.

You continued your way ignoring Hange. Leaving her in a shock state.

Historia looks down at the syringe before looking up again towards Eren. Giving him a nasty glare.

Eren could only cry, Pathetic. He thought, they both saw how his father rampage, crushing the little children as if they were bug.

Since Frieda wasn't there that day, his father begged for her to come out. But no one came. Furious he transforms and killed the royal Family.

Rod being the coward he is. Escaped. He went towards his daughter leading his daughter's hand that's holding the syringe towards her arm.

"For Humanity... for Frieda... and For Ernesta."

A zipping sound came after a loud thud. The trio looked at the direction of the sound. Their eyes widen, a familiar dark haired girl came into view.

"Historia...."

The said girl trembled with a mixture of surprise, relief, and anxiety.

"Eren..."

His wide green eyes stared at your form. Tears rolling down his face. He couldn't beilive it. You're alive.

"I am not dead, yet. Don't worry, I'll save you both."