(47)

DEAR ANNIE, I'LL MISS YOU

ANNIE'S POV 

The sound of water dripping repeatedly echos through the walls of my empty cell. At least that's what they told me, I couldn't really see my eyes are shut for 4 years.

I wonder what does the light feels like, I want to feel warmth and a cool breeze. I had been locked for so long, I have missed everything. I admit, I could never really appreciate the things around me. Until they're gone.

For four years I haven't seen the light nor a person for years and it gets quite lonely, I admit. Though, I do hear some people talking some guards but they only talk to eachother. But I do have a few people that actually talks to me.

It was usually Hitch, Armin comes here sometimes, Ernesta used to come a lot... She hadn't come back since last time. I really couldn't recall last time. And by that I mean I don't know how long that time had passed. She just stopped coming.

and I know why...

"Annie, Hitch might've already told you this but, We're going to Liberio. So... Yay? Just imagine it I would get to maybe meet some other types of people for the first time or eat food I've never tasted. That would be fun."

There was a long silence between us. Not like I could really reply or anything. It was awkward.

I really wanted to say something. Or at least do or signal her. But nothing, I'm almost as dead as many Survey Corps soldiers.

I really feel useless right now. I know I did almost nothing in my life. So, why now do I feel like this?

"I'm going to be honest with you, Annie. Today might be the last time you'll ever hear me. Or be with me. You see, I am going to die...

And I can't do anything about it. So, before that happens... I don't want you to have more regrets. So,,

Do you want to tell me something?"

Yes I do have! Please hear me out. I struggled. Maybe I could a finger, a sign I could give her. Please, just anything.. I just want to say something..

" Back then, You were always around me, at least five feet away from me. You couldn't stray away even if you want to.

So I was wondering...

Are you just like that because I told you, you weren't a bad person? I don't really understand which one did you held dearly... Me or my words?"

"Annie, what am I to you? Like what do you see me as?"

Thoughts empty. I can't speak even if want to. Even if I can I wouldn't reply. In reality I really don't know.

Though once I was sure. But now that you mentioned it, I'm having my doubts.

'Do I really love you? Or was just your words?'