Ch.4 "Biological Trouble"

Have you ever walked somewhere and felt like you were a part of a movie? That's how I felt when I entered Ninjago High. I felt like Cady from Mean Girls. Both of us were homeschooled, both of us had no friends, and both of us met someone people hated because of some rumors. For Cady, it was Janis. In my case, it was Lloyd.

I walked in the hallway next to Lloyd. It felt like everyone was staring at me. I thought it was just anxiety that was causing me to think like that, but I was wrong.

When I lifted my eyes and looked around, people were actually staring at me. Probably thinking 'Who is this idiot?', 'Does she know that he's Lloyd Garmadon?', 'I bet she's evil too.' Something like that.

I wanted to yell at them and ask them what they were staring at so their eyes would leave me alone. People with social anxiety probably wouldn't take this well, I couldn't take this well.

"Do people always stare at you when you walk in?" I asked Lloyd who just took off his hood.

"Yeah, either that or they pretend I don't exist."

"That sucks. How do you fight the urge to kick them in the face every time? Because I'm about to start some fight if they didn't look away," I said.

Lloyd snickered then stopped walking, making me stop as well.

He spoke with his smile fading away "I'm sorry, I understand that you were being friendly on the bus and stuff but you have to stay away from me. People won't leave you alone if you didn't and they'd get you into trouble if they saw you talking to me."

"But why is it any of their business? People can be friends with whoever they want. And what's the worst they can do anyway?" I asked.

His green eyes made eye contact with me and said "You don't know what you're getting yourself into."

"Lloyd! There you are!" a guy with spiky hair and a red jacket yelled from the other end of the hallway.

Lloyd glanced at him then told me "It was nice meeting you, Y/n. Goodbye." He then went to talk to the spiky hair dude.

I stood there staring at them for a moment then got out my schedule from my pocket. We had the same classes every day, or that's what I understood. I stared at the piece of paper in my hand. It had each subject, the time it starts and where it is. Today was Monday, the beginning of the school week. It used to be my weekend when I was homeschooled. Now I have a love-to-hate relationship with that day.

I read the subjects on the paper again.

Y/n L/n

Math
Biology
English
-Lunch-
P.E.
Chemistry
History
-Break-
Physics
Art
Club Activities

I looked away from the paper when three cheerleaders approached me. A brunette, a blonde and a guy with brown hair.

"Hello there," the guy said.

I responded with a "Hi."

"We haven't seen you around, are you new here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I am." I thought then asked "Do you know where Math class is?" I showed them the paper.

The brunette answered "I think it's around the corner. Near the bathrooms."

"Thanks," I said before folding the paper and putting it back in my pocket.

The blonde asked, almost laughing "Why are you wearing a backpack?"

"Oh," I said, glancing at the lockers I passed by a minute ago "I forgot to go to my locker."