Ch.16 "A Very Miserable Birthday"

My flesh was burning under my -already burned and nonexistent- sleeve. And I was screaming from being cooked alive, even though it was only my arm that got injured.

I couldn't move properly. All I could do was sit on the ground holding my injured arm, covering it and protecting it from all the smoke and dust flying around.

The Green Ninja came and sat next to me. At first I was scared of him hurting me, but he was only looking at my injury before he ripped out his sleeve and started wrapping it up around my burned skin.

"Get this treated as soon as possible or it will get worse," he said, tightening the piece of cloth around my wound to stop the bleeding. "Here, I'll take you to safety."

He extended his hand, lending me a hand to get up. Then took me somewhere safe where some people were taking cover. "Stay here," he said.

I grabbed his arm when he was about to leave. He turned around and made eye contact with me. I let the words out "Thank you."

"No problem," he said and left to save the city.

He helped me with my wound and got me to safety, even though I left him trapped in a spider web in the last attack.

Am I the bad person here? I didn't know. All I could do right now was look out for myself and stay safe until the attack ends.

But this time, unlike every time, I hoped for Garmadon to retreat.

~~~

"I'm sorry Ms. L/n, this is a third-degree burn, it will take one to three weeks to heal, and it will leave a permanent scar," the doctor said after taking a look at my injury.

"It's okay," I replied "It doesn't matter that much." Step one: get a creepy injury, is done. Now all I need is getting some sort of virus to achieve my old dream of becoming a zombie.

He started taking care of the wound, doing what he could to help my arm heal faster, then finally wrapped it up and gave me a list of medications and instructions on how to take care of my arm properly, in addition to the next time I should visit the doctor.

At home, I ditched my homework and called Ms. Anne, telling her the reason why I couldn't come to work today so she gave me a few days off -I'll not get paid though-.

When I was ready to try to make some food, someone interrupted by knocking on my door.

"Come in," I said from the kitchen and Brandon got in carrying a shopping bag.

"I heard about what happened and thought I should visit." He put the bag on the table. "How are you now?"

"Better, thanks for coming."

"No problem. Also, I brought dinner so you can rest your arm and don't worry about cooking."

"Thank you." I asked "What did you bring?"

"Look for yourself," he said with a smile.

I opened the bag and the smell of food was awesome. My favorite food was inside.

"Let me get us some plates."

He stopped me "You can take a seat. I'll get the plates."

We started eating and talking. Brandon asked me about what exactly happened at the attack and I told him, including the 'Green Ninja saving me' part.

"Don't tell Garmadon about the Green Ninja helping you," he said "He'll blame it on you and say you weren't ready to go on a mission and the rest of that crap and he'll return you to the volcano immediately."