Ch.42 "Caught...Almost"

Lloyd told me I forgot my book and plushie at his apartment. So I told Amy that I would leave and returned her book before going back to my apartment to pick up his now-clean hoodie and give it to him in exchange for my stuff.

He said he had to return early because he forgot something and that he was about to return to where his mother was again, so there wasn't any time for a conversation, except that he mentioned they went to several places today, and that's why they're still not back home even though they left this morning.

An hour after that happened -past four o'clock-, I was -obviously- bored and had nothing to do. I wasn't in the mood at all to look for a job, which I needed. And I wasn't in the mood to argue with the author on Wattpad like the other readers.

I walked around my room and called Brandon to ask how his date went.

~~~

Brandon went home with thorns tattooed on his right arm from his wrist and up to his elbow. Jane loved thorns for some reason, and after seeing the awesome masterpiece she drew on his arm, he understood why she loved them.

After he washed the tattoo and saw how it looked, he texted Jane and told her how amazing her art skills were.

She sent him a smiling emoji as a reply.

Before Brandon could change his clothes and go to bed -he woke up at three in the morning and could not stay awake any longer-, his phone rang. He picked it up, it was Y/n calling.

"Hello," he greeted.

"Hey, how did your date go?" she asked.

He glanced at his new tattoo and answered, "Better than expected."

"What happened? Tell me."

He sat on his bed and said, "I got a tattoo."

"What does that have to do with the date?"

"She owns a temporary tattoo parlor, we went there after the date and she gave me a tattoo."

She asked about the address of the tattoo parlor and he answered her.

She said, "Oh, I went there yesterday and got a tattoo as well!"

"Was it a date too?" he asked.

"Um...yeah."

"With who?"

"Lloyd Garmadon..."

Garmadon sent her to Ninjago to find out who the Green Ninja was and instead she started dating him. You had one job, Y/n.

She said, "So...what does your new tattoo look like?"

He took a picture of his tattoo and sent it to her.

"Damn, that's pretty cool. Mine is just some random shape I drew."

"And what did your green boy get?"

"Cindergreen got a panda tattoo."

Brandon couldn't hold his laughter.

"What? Are you laughing about the nickname?"

"Of course, where the hell did you bring that nickname from?" He was still laughing.

"I have a creative mind."

"Yes, you do...have a weird mind."

They kept talking for a few minutes, then Brandon excused himself to go to sleep and hung up.

He went to sleep early, smiling like an idiot until he remembered what would happen tomorrow.

No frown covered his face and his lips were in no smile. His face muscles were at peace in a blank expression, not knowing what to feel, as he wished nothing would go wrong. Nothing should ruin tomorrow. Nothing should happen out of plan.

He hoped she would figure everything out without his help before next Saturday.

~~~

Lloyd kept staring out the window while his mother was driving home. He could not be more bored than he was at the moment.

Koko glanced at him and said, "I understand that your weekend was ruined because I dragged you into this, but listen, we had to meet up with her, she's my friend and today is a big day for her."

"Her being pregnant with her third baby has nothing to do with me, why did you even bring me with you?" He looked at the candy store they passed by, but with no excitement unlike always.

"Lloyd, she's your therapist too, and she asked me to help her with the new baby room while her husband goes on a business trip, and I can't lift all the furniture by myself, can I?"

He looked at her. "Why don't you ask her daughter then?"

"Amy? She's busy crying over fictional characters, as her mother said. She'll help, of course, but I thought you needed something to keep you busy, something fun, a chance to socialize outside of school."

He rolled his eyes and went back to stare out the window.

She glanced at him again then returned her attention to the road as she said, "Lloyd."

"Yes?" He didn't even look at her.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"And you know that if you did something bad, I won't punish you if you realize your mistake and try to fix it?"

He looked at her again. "What do you mean?" He asked, "Why are you saying this now?"

She suspected something for a while, and finally asked, "Are you...somehow...don't take this the wrong way but..."

"Get to the point please."

"All right." She took a deep breath and asked, "Are you involved with any of your father's generals? Or perhaps...some girl who works for him?"