Ch.57 "Smoke And Ruins"

Nobody was in a good situation to approach Octoshar, let alone stop and destroy it.

Lloyd took his father to what remained of prison and handed him over to the guards and police who were hiding and protecting themselves there.

When he landed with his dragon mech there, he was not wearing his ninja outfit and mask, he was simply wearing what he was wearing at prom, and he couldn't care less about anyone finding out who he was during the horror movie all around the city.

Lloyd returned to the city and looked for his friends. It was hard to see much in the darkness, but thankfully -and it's weird to say it-, Kai accidentally put some building on fire so there was a source of light enough to see the main battle around Octoshar.

Nya, Kai, and Cole were fighting starfish and rescuing people. And Jay and Zane were fighting Octoshar.

Zane froze one of Octoshar's tentacles with his mech and Jay kept shooting at Octoshar's control area and dodged the things it threw at him.

What should Lloyd do? This had to end now before the survivors could get hurt. It was already too late to save the city, almost all of it was down in ashes and ruins. But at least he'd be able to save the citizens if he stopped Octoshar now.

An idea clicked in his mind. A new feature he had in his mech. One he was waiting to use on his father. One that could take a while to replace. But if it didn't work, there would be no second time to worry about replacing it.

He took a deep breath. He wondered if Y/n was alive. It didn't matter though, because either way, he'd probably not get the chance to apologize to her for not letting her explain herself and immediately believing the letter.

Lloyd talked to his friends through his mech, "Clear the way and get everyone as far from my dad's mech as possible."

"Why?"

"No time to explain, Kai. I have to do something. Just make sure everyone is as far away from it as soon as you can."

They all said they will. And after a little bit of time, they told Lloyd that they're done.

He rethought about the plan then was set on doing it. He had no other choice.

Lloyd Garmadon flew his mech to Octoshar and activated Mega Missile Mode, using all the missiles his dragon mech carried and flying straight towards Octoshar.

~~~

I was barely conscious and only heard the sentences the people around me said before the explosion happened and a part of the building upstairs went down, blocking the basement entrance.

~~~

Smoke, that was all everyone could see. Well, technically, everyone was covering their eyes because the smoke was burning them.

Their ears could not hear anything for a while because of the explosion, and the ones who were closest to Octoshar would never be able to hear anything ever again.

Lloyd was on his mech in the air, coughing as the smoke surrounded him from every direction, blocking his vision.

He looked around, he could see no hint of his dad's mech.

He wiped his eyes on one of his sleeves. And when the burning in them got a bit more bearable, Lloyd looked around again.

He did it, he blew up Octoshar and survived. He couldn't believe it.

He could not hear anything and his ears were hurting, probably even bleeding. He should get them checked out by a doctor soon.

Again, he could not believe what he had just done.