Ch.27 "Opening Up To Lloyd Garmadon"

"I'm sorry, what?" Lloyd asked before I broke the eye contact and looked to the other side of the room. "He really thinks that?" I nodded. "He thinks that about Lloyd or the Green Ninja?"

"Lloyd," I answered "He wants you to be his general number one."

"Why? He doesn't even know that I can already fight. And plus, I can't even defend myself against bullies as Lloyd Garmadon. So why?"

I turned my eyes towards him. "I don't know, why don't you ask him that?"

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "And how would I do that?"

"Just call him, I know you have his number."

"Oh, come on," he said, "He doesn't even know my birthday, so why would he want me around?"

"Maybe you were the best choice after he figure out that I'm not qualified to become a general, even after I trained my whole life for that."

He blinked. "How could he do that to you without caring about how you'd feel about it?"

I straight up answered, "If he thought I wasn't good enough then why not just tell me that? It's better to him than making me his general and seeing me fail anyway."

Lloyd didn't speak and neither did I. So I turned my gaze to the ceiling. But to be honest, I wasn't looking at the ceiling, I wasn't looking at anything in particular. I was just avoiding facing Lloyd. I didn't want any pity, especially from him.

"Did you argue with him about it?" he asked.

"I did."

"And what did he say?"

"He didn't care. So I told him that I could find the ninjas' identities to prove myself."

He didn't reply, so I looked at him and we made eye contact before he asked "And now that you succeeded, will you tell him?" I didn't respond and we stared at each other for a few seconds.

"I see then," he said before looking away and asked "When you tell him, can you not make it public? Please?"

I gulped and said "I'm not going to tell him." He looked at me. "At least not now." I admitted, "I don't know what to do anymore. You have helped me many times, and I...owe you a lot."

"You don't owe me anything."

"But I do. You warned me before the explosion that burned my arm and then came to help me. You saved me from falling off of the bridge. You saved my life in the woods and brought me here before I could die." My voice quietened down. "So yes, I owe you. And not telling Garmadon about who you are is the least I can do."

After a short pause, he asked "If you're not happy working with him, then why don't you leave?"

"I have no choice."

"How?"

I took a deep breath before responding, "Because if I left, I would have nowhere to go."

"Don't you have a family?"

I rolled my eyes. "If I did, I wouldn't work for Garmadon." I stared at the ceiling, again. "I don't know where my parents are, and I highly suspect they're already dead. Garmadon raised me since I was a child and I don't think he'd appreciate it if I told him I want to stop working with him...Especially after he spent a lot of money and time on me."

"I'm sorry about your parents."

"It's fine, I gave up on searching for them already."

He asked after looking at me for a while "Are you okay?"