Ch.49 "The Letter"

Lloyd stared at the letter on his desk as he sat on his bed. He had to find S/n somehow and give it to her, but why couldn't that messenger find her? He must be working for Garmadon as well. And what could it be that prevented his father from texting her or something?

He had to know, but he couldn't open a letter that wasn't addressed to him despite his growing curiosity.

He turned on his phone and scrolled through the internet, the relief people were feeling because there was no attack today was all over the internet. And Lloyd recalled the last attack and how it felt weak compared to the previous ones...almost like a distraction.

Lloyd's thoughts raced and collided. His father must be preparing something. If he had the means and power to attack Ninjago and destroy it like every time he came here, then his weakness during the last attack must have been intentional. It's like he didn't want to conquer the city, he just didn't want to raise suspicion at his disappearance.

Oh god, it must be right, there's no other explanation.

Lloyd glanced back at the letter. What if something important was in it? Something that could save them all if he knew it and acted fast enough.

Sorry S/n, but if it was true...we'd all be doomed if I didn't do something.

He carefully opened the letter and read it.

To my future general number one,

I must admit, your plan is going better than I expected. General thirteen reported your great work on Monday evening. How you found out the Green Ninja's identity and his team's in just a few days, although I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't tell me right away that my son is the one whom I've been fighting.
Playing the victim must have worked pretty well in deceiving Lloyd, how you made him think you weren't that harmless, how you were just following orders and didn't really have a villainess's heart in you.
You should expect two of my generals to pick you up at the building Lloyd trapped you in before, they will take you back to the volcano on Saturday after prom.
Your mission is over, and I must confess that I didn't expect this victory. Report to me what you have learned about the ninjas as soon as you arrive. The information is necessary.

I'll see you in the volcano,

Lord Garmadon.

Lloyd couldn't believe his eyes.

He knew it...he knew it was coming but he gave up on that thought so quickly. He was a fool for thinking there was some good in her heart. He was a fool for thinking she needed help, that she was just doing what she was told to achieve some dream of hers. He was a fool for not expecting the obvious, that she was doing her job, and doing it very well.

He got up and got ready to go out before he called his team and told them to meet him at their hideout. They didn't agree at first because it was the middle of the night, but after Lloyd insisted that it was important, they assured him that they'll be on their way.

When he arrived, his team was already waiting for him.

"What's so urgent?" Cole asked.

They all looked tired.

Lloyd apologized, "Sorry for waking you up, but I have to tell you this." He took out the letter from his hoodie's pocket. "I've been meeting with someone..."

Jay interrupted, "We all know you're dating Y/n."

"Not her, and I don't mean dating." Lloyd said, "I didn't tell you all, because I thought it wasn't that important, but now...it turned out I was too stupid."