Ch.5 "Cheerleaders"

I opened my eyes and saw the guy cheerleader I met at the beginning of the day. He was standing alone and looking at me.

I responded "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Are you really? Shouldn't you be in class right now?" he asked.

"Well, same question to you," I said and stood up.

"I have team practice."

"Cheerleading or football?" I asked.

"Cheerleading..." he said and stared somewhere then asked "Do you want to come with me? Maggie is waiting with the other cheerleaders."

Maggie?

"Umm...okay. I have nothing to do anyway." I said and followed him outside.

"By the way," he said "I'm Chen. What's your name?" (A/n: I searched up his name and apparently, the Lego sets call him Chad but the voice actors call him Chen. Something like that)

"Y/n."

We arrived at the football field and I took a seat on one of the benches. Chen sat next to me.

I asked "Shouldn't you go and practice?" I stared at the cheerleaders who were cheering. The blonde and the brunette I saw at the beginning of the day were there with the blonde one leading.

"I'll join them in a bit. Maggie got it for now."

I asked him "Who's Maggie?"

"The lead cheerleader, the blonde one with the pigtails you met earlier this day."

"Oh."

Maggie approached us and talked to Chen "Where were you?"

"At my locker. I forgot my phone there before English class."

"Oh," she looked at me with a smile "It's you. Don't you have any class right now?"

"I have Biology," I answered.

Chen interrupted "And you skipped?"

"No...I got kicked out for talking back to the teacher."

They stared at me for a second then started laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

Chen stopped laughing and said to Maggie "I bet it was the biology teacher who scolded you last year, right Maggie?"

"Mr. Carson?" she asked and sighed "Don't remind me of that day." She turned to me and said "Mr. Carson is so strict about everything. One time he called me out in front of everyone because I was wearing a short skirt. Even after I told him that I had no time to change after cheerleading practice."

I said "He sounds like the teacher I talked back to."

Chen spoke again "He's teaching right now, I think. You said you had biology class now."

"Yeah, he must be the same teacher you're talking about," I said.

"Maggie! Come on! We don't have all day!" one of the cheerleaders shouted.

"I'm coming!" she shouted back then told us before leaving "Bye."

"Bye," I said and watched the cheerleaders practice while the football team were playing.

Chen asked "I saw you talking to Lloyd Garmadon earlier this day."

Crap, was I going to get bullied because of it?

He looked at me and continued "Why?"

"Why what?" I asked. Obviously faking confusion.

"Why were you talking to him?"