Ch.44 "Two 'Enemies' Chatting At The Park, Eating Candy"

The attack wasn't as dangerous as the old ones. It didn't feel like Garmadon had put any effort in it.

Brandon made his way to Garmadon's volcano after the attack. Everyone was working, as usual. But the gossip and chatting had increased ever since Garmadon began working on his new project.

Brandon opened the door to the fireplace room and saw Garmadon reading a letter while sitting on the armchair near the fireplace.

Can't he just text or something? Brandon thought before walking up to Garmadon.

"Brandon, I see that you're here. Come on, have a seat." Garmadon pointed at the other armchair near him.

Brandon took a seat, kind of surprised at Garmadon remembering his name. He -general thirteen- wasn't dressed in his work uniform this time and carried no weapons, Garmadon told him not to because it was a short meeting and he would be back at his house as soon as the meeting ends.

Garmadon started talking while gazing at the fireplace with the letter in his lower right hand, "You know why I called you here?"

Brandon stared at the fireplace, knowing where this was going and said with a calm voice, hiding the fact that he was doubting himself and his new mission, "Yes."

"You know what you have to do, right?"

"I do."

"And does she know anything about it?"

Brandon thought and questioned himself on which 'she' Garmadon was talking about, then said after realizing who he meant, "No, she doesn't."

"I hope you didn't become attached to her or anything." He looked at Brandon, his stare promised punishment for the wrong answer as he asked, "Or did you?"

"No, she means nothing to me," he lied, but he couldn't say the truth without putting himself and her in danger along with other people he cared about.

"Good." Garmadon added, "Because it would be a shame if you did, a general not able to do his job...you know where that got the others."

"It got them fired out of the volcano."

"Exactly, so don't mess it up. Because if you did, there will be consequences, ones you wish you will never see."

Brandon nodded his head, contemplating whether he could find a way out of his new mission before Garmadon ordered him to leave.

~~~

I walked to the candy store after the attack was over. I was dressed as S/n, covering my tattoo and wearing a face mask to hide my face. I didn't come to get my job back, I simply came because I wanted some candy, and was ready to bump into Lloyd at any second to talk to him as S/n because I wanted something to do and was clearly looking for trouble.

I walked in the aisles looking for the candy types I liked when I saw Lloyd enter the place. Ms. Anne, the owner, greeted him by name. He must be one of their loyal customers.

He saw me and smiled before walking to me.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you here," he said.

"Same." Another lie.

He asked, taking a few glances at my left arm, "When did you leave the hospital?"

"Friday."

"And is your arm okay now?"

"Getting better."

"Short answers, I see." He looked around. "I'll go get some candy. I'll see you later, maybe?"