Ch.53 "Did I Get Stabbed Again? Of Course, I Did"

Lloyd ran to his apartment hoping his mother was still there and safe. He used his elemental powers on his way to protect himself and whoever he could.

He tried not to think of what just happened. He tried not to think of her and focused on finding his mother.

~~~

The sound of footsteps made me stand up as soon as I could and stare at the guy standing at the entrance of the alleyway.

I had my dagger in my hand and the letter in the other as I said, staring at him in the eyes, "You're the one who wrote this."

He only nodded. I held up the letter for Francis to see and said, "I knew your handwriting as soon as I saw it."

He had his hands in his pockets and took slow steps towards me, and that smile, that smirk of his stayed as he said, "You recognized it from my profile background picture, didn't you?"

His profile's background was a picture of a bunch of handwritten outlines and notes. And his handwriting could easily be recognized as his own.

He said, as if the chaos and screaming behind him was nothing but music, "Honestly, I was disappointed when you didn't figure it out sooner. Garmadon told you he was working on a new project, and then I showed up. You also heard me talk when I was delivering the letter to your dear green ninja. So why did it take you this long to put the puzzle pieces together?"

"Well, excuse me for not being smarter, but your mask didn't make your voice as recognizable."

Three other generals stood at the alleyway entrance, guarding it and protecting Francis without getting closer.

A general handed Francis a dagger as he walked closer to me. I glanced behind me, other generals were guarding the other end of the alleyway. And there were two others on top of the buildings I was standing between. And that reminded me of something...I've seen this happen before...

No, I read this.

Chapter seventy-six. The character in it got surrounded in an alleyway before he got tortured as the enemies held his love interest and forced her to watch.

Everything fitted my situation, except for the love interest part. And I think Francis heard my thoughts.

"You remember this scene, don't you? The last one in chapter seventy-six, everything is happening now, except that I couldn't find green boy anywhere to bring him here."

I took a few steps back as he took ones forward. And at the exact moment I was thinking of running away and trying my luck on the alleyway's other side, Francis attacked, tripped me, and pinned me to the ground.

I tried to resist and attack him, but the tip of my dagger only touched his sleeve before he took it from me and threw it away.

My wrists were bleeding as he dug his nails in them. But I didn't yell or cry, I forced myself to show no sign of pain. As if that was useful.

"He was right, you're too easy to defeat." He released my left hand and held his dagger to my tattoo. The same dagger Brandon had the day I visited him.

I, again, tried to push him away or scratch his face with my nails or whatever, but he put my hand near my waist and stepped on it with his foot. I could not move it.

I asked, "What did you do to Brandon?"

"Oh, your dear brother?" Hold up- "I just locked him up...and may have given him some permanent scars in exchange for everything he knew about your mission."